It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving UFO Caught on Camera by Astronaut Eugene Cernan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
As most of you are probably aware by now, this video is part of growing collection of official NASA films from the Apollo Program cataloging position-verified footage of unidentified flying objects (UFO) on the Moon as captured by Apollo astronauts.

Source identifier: Apollo 10 16mm DAC Magazine F, starting at 4min14s mark.
Onboard: Lunar Module, Captured by: LM Pilot Eugene Cernan
UFO Type: Pulsing white luminescent object.

Footage description: A pulsing UFO traveling near surface of the Moon is captured briefly on camera in a complex scene where both camera and UFO are moving rapidly and simultaneously in different directions. This footage is interesting because the object disappears as it passes behind the opaque overhang from outside the window blocking large portion of left half of view.

That means the object is physical and beyond the overhanging opaque material outside the window. Any film artifact, internal reflection or speck on the window would would still show up over top of the black area.

Thanks for watching.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Too small to rule anything out, really. Even if it's just a piece of metal cast off from a shuttle that happened to be at the right place at the right time. Glints of light glimpsed from a moving camera positioned that far away leaves so much room for speculation that UFO's only take up a small corner of the table...
edit on 18-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think you make a good case that it is not a film artifact, but rather something external to the CSM. It's tough to judge size or distance, though. I'm no expert on how debris would behave in lunar orbit, so I can't really say it's reflective debris for sure, but that's my guess.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Good catch!

S&F.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Can you imagine the supervisors in the mothership getting freaked out about this.

"Hey pilot 121 what the hell are you doing? They are going to see you .....GET OUT OF THE AREA NOW!!!....we are not supposed to exist and you are compromising our research. Report to base for disciplinary action."
edit on 18-2-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

top topics

join