It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vision of George Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What do you all think about the Vision that George Washington had at Valley Forge in 1777?

www.geocities.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think it's pure bull#
thx

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhits
I think it's pure bull#
thx

Well, since you are apparently in Romania, I guess it don't matter - does it?

Unless, of course, America has to bail Europe out in WW III like we did in your first two World Wars - than it might matter to you.

But, for those Americans who may read this, you will see that the vision is actually the source for the Manifest Destiny Movement that swept the country in its infancy...

Edit - the server edited out his last word which was "bs"

[edit on 10/28/04 by jesterbr549]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
[edit on 2-11-2004 by phil29]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
His brother Samuel Washington was my 9 generations ago grandfather and this story has been told down through the years in our family finally passing to me from my grandmother C. Funkhouser and grandfather, W. Holloway.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
His brother Samuel Washington was my 9 generations ago grandfather and this story has been told down through the years in our family finally passing to me from my grandmother C. Funkhouser and grandfather, W. Holloway.

Really? That's pretty cool! Is there any more info you could add to this?

I researched this after I first read it by reading through Washington's letters and dispatches during that time.

During the winter he became increasingly dispondant at the condition of his troops (the cavalry was in worse shape) and the repeated demands to Congress which went unanswered by them.

Then, just when he was, literally, about to throw in the towel in this one letter, all of a sudden, the next day, he burned off a letter to Congress and basically told them to get off their dead arses or they would lose this war, and that lit a fire under them and they all of a sudden sent a delegation with supplies to the army and that was the real turning point of the Revolution from what I can tell and I am convinced that that was the day after he had received this vision.

Also, as stated, the terminology of the Vision - "Birth, progress and Destiny of America" is actually what led to the Manifest Destiny Movement in this country.

Further, I have compared the Vision to the Scriptures and came up with 13 points where the Vision is in Concert with the Word. This latter is on my web site.

So, I am convinced of the veracity of the Vision.

While on this subject, while I was reading his correspondances I came across two letters of note.

Many say that George was a Mason and thus he should be allowed to respond to these accusations in defense of himself and, in fact, he did.

One Baptist Church Minister wrote him a letter, upon his appointment as President and specifically asked him if he was and his reply was that he had been to about 2 Masonic Meetings in 20 years (hardly a Grand Mason as some have said, led alone a leader of a Lodge). Then a group of Mason's wrote him a letter and in his reply to them, you can easily read between the lines and he 'suggested' to them not to try anything funny in this country.

For what it may be worth.

Now, there were some founding father's who were Masons, like B. Franklin who was a Rosicrusioner - and who managed to keep this country enslaved, financially, to the Crown by promising that we would pay our loan back to them - which we are still paying, by the way.

These are the people that one would need to watchout for in their researches. But I am convinced that George was cool...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
��The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappearing, I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who in the same voice I had heard before, said, �Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted.
Three great perils will come upon the Republic.
The most fearful is the third.�

�(The comment on his word �third� is: The help against the THIRD peril comes in the shape of Divine assistance; passing which, the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land and Union.)�

I would have to say that the Third peril is nearly at our door. As American's I believe that we need to study our constitution, and wake up to our awful situation, before it becomes too late.

His Vision is true.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belteshazzar
As American's I believe that we need to study our constitution, and wake up to our awful situation, before it becomes too late. His Vision is true.

What constitution?

And, actually, the constitution won't help us any when that time arrives...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
kinda sounds like we are Israel in The End of Times. Many wars will be made against her, and she shall win them all! It says something like that somewhere in that bible of ours!

top topics

join