It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-S.S. Agent speaking at (for) Guns Across America Rally (worthy of a separate thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ex-Secret Service Agent Dan Bongino at "Guns Across America Rally" in Annapolis, MD. He is an excellent speaker and should be in politics. This is a must see video (06:15).
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I wonder when the MSM will air speeches like this.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Awesome speech! I was moved. I like the way this guy thinks. Regardless of how discouraging politics can be, casting a vote is making a choice...taking an action. I like it!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Excellent find!
I always appreciate the views from the "inside".
This gentleman makes very sound points.
He is extremely passionate and it shows.
I do believe he understands what these people are trying to do.
This video should be spread like wildfire!

edit on 18-2-2013 by havok because: Added explanation and clarity...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I agree....this video should be speading like the one with the oriental guy addressing a city council ("Gun Control: No matter....your opinion, you need to see this"). Both are great...but how often are we going to hear a former Secret Service Agent speak out for the 2nd Amendment?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Why can't we have more politicians like this! Focus on what's important.

Live and let live.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wow. It doesn't get much more poignant than that. Easily the best speech to come out of the current "people-control" debate.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Awesome post, thank you. If only more like him would step up....and hopefully they are starting to. I will spread this to those I know. S & F

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
And just as the mainstream media doesn't want to share the stories of someone using their guns in a helpful/hero like situation...where are all the anti gun folks at to find the faults in this man's inside view of the world we live in.
S&F

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Am I the only one who saw the title and immediately thought the OP was referring to Hitler's SS?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Good speech, wonder what Piers Morgan would have to say about it? Too bad MSM won't pick this one up, it doesn't support their agenda.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

OK, This guy is Pro- Gun, so most of you only hear what you want to hear , but Ignore the rest of the words.

He Points out how our Rights are God Given, God Given, of course we Americans think God Smiles on the US only.

He tells us by not Voting , We are the Problem, while everyone on this Site Knows our 2 Party system is a Mockery of Representation. The Left and Right are two heads of the Same Monster.

And of Course , cant Push an Agenda without Waveing the Flag, he does that well.

But he is Pro-Gun, so ignore the Truth, and enjoy your Flag Ridden OP.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

OK, This guy is Pro- Gun, so most of you only hear what you want to hear , but Ignore the rest of the words.

He Points out how our Rights are God Given, God Given, of course we Americans think God Smiles on the US only.

He tells us by not Voting , We are the Problem, while everyone on this Site Knows our 2 Party system is a Mockery of Representation. The Left and Right are two heads of the Same Monster.

And of Course , cant Push an Agenda without Waveing the Flag, he does that well.

But he is Pro-Gun, so ignore the Truth, and enjoy your Flag Ridden OP.

Perhaps you that is so blinded by your own anti-gun, anti GOD mentality that you cant see what hes saying is the truth.......you know since we are throwing out accusations and generalizations......

Those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.............nice hypocrisy tho
edit on 19-2-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This debate, and by that I mean the wider discussion on this topic, seems to be very contraversial right now. Everyone has an opinion, and everyone thinks that they are right, and the others can go hang.

While I would agree that the gentleman in this video is an amazing public speaker, I personally look at some of the reasoning he uses, and wonder if he used the words he did because of the crowd he was in front of. The reason I wonder this, is because if you want a reason to keep your weapons, you shouldnt look to God, and to your rights, or even to the constitution. Pay attention to the here and now. The guns/people are being controlled because the government of the U.S. does such a poor job of preventing dangerously unbalanced individuals from being able to take out thier psychological malfunctions on people.

So poor a job do they do of controlling the dangerously unhinged in society, that they find it much easier to control thier access to firearms, which at best is a measure they have come up with, so that the voter base sees that they are doing SOMETHING, about the massacres that have occurred, by trying to limit access to the weapons used in them. However, the sort of people who go around murdering children, and defenseless innocents of all ages for that matter, are not the sort of people to be overly fussed what methods they use. Many would be just as happy to slug a persons brains to mush with a baseball bat, or hack them up with a set of kitchenware, readily available, and cheaper than many firearms.

This former Secret Service agent may have his heart in the right place, but was surely preaching to the chior, and worst of all, for those who believe (fairly) that the electoral system in the US is a total travesty which is designed to prevent true representation of the people, many of his comments will fall flat, because the truth of that particular matter is, just the same as it is in the UK, voting equates to choosing who screws you next. Not how, not when, just which rotten soul gets to tap you next. The fact that he did not mention alternative ways of fixing the issue with the massacres (which was the catalyst for this cycle of the gun control debate in the first place), suggests to me that he has no real insight into this matter, other than a long association with, and positive feelings toward, firearms and thier availability to the public. Bully for him! Hes had a good day! But he has nothing to say about what the US should do instead of infringing the constitutional rights afforded to its citizenry.

I fail to see the point in any speech made, or point raised, which does not provide an alternative to gun control, as well as vocally opposing it. I may be British, but I belive that a person should have the right to bear the arms they feel comfortable with, to protect themselves and thier families, and thier fellow citizens. If I had my way, for instance, I would carry a three quater of a meter worth of sharp, cold steel, everywhere I go, because I honestly believe that would be a more effective defensive weapon in my environment.

However, my beliefs aside, if this Ex S.S. fellow wants to make a point, he should go back and rethink his speaking strategy, come up with alternatives to gun control that will mean that by some method, dangerous people and guns never end up in the same square mile of space. Keep the nutters away from the guns, not the guns away from the nutters, is essentially what I am talking about. In summary then, he IS a great public speaker, but he is not a great thinker, and with the debate going the way it is, gun rights advocacy is going to have to come up with some solutions to the massacre issue, if it wants to keep its iron, or at least, that is how it appears from an objective point of veiw.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
"There's no such thing as gun control, There is only People control."
Any sane, logical Person Whom has crunched the #'s... knows that gun control does not work in the USofA.

From duke.edu

So ask Yourself then-Why would any sane, logical Person in power wish to implement it?

It's always been the Human condition to have to deal with a few bad apples. Unfortunately there has also been those that will try and take advantage of a bad situation for their own personal gain and yes, that involves the quest for power as well;
"...defeated our enemies and took power, created a document that dis empowered Them."

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This person in the video is someone who has found an issue that has taken him out into the cold. His speech is full of references that most people "on the inside" of American politics, who seldom question decisions of the government would find uncontroversial.

I happen to think that the war in Vietnam was not unlike the war in Iraq. I don't believe it was about protecting America. I think it was about looting the US treasury on the part of war profiteers. I don't think there is anything at all respectable about either of those wars.

I'm sure there are other issues where I would not agree with the speaker, but I agree with him on "gun control", and he is absolutely right to say that gun control is really people control.

So, a person in a demographic . . . flag waving middle America . . . that is distant from my own (alarmed and frightened foreigner), has found an issue that bites him in the butt. Good. Maybe his eyes will start to open to other issues, but if this one is the one that finally gets to this demographic, then halleluyah!!

Maybe America will put its house in order, finally.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I was afraid of that ("SS") but there is only so much room for a title and I did put periods after the "S's" to try to differentiate from "SS" officers....and it also says "agent" as in Secret Service (S.S.) Agent. Not as many people are viewing the speech as they have with the oriental guy with the more ambiguous title (Gun Control--no matter your position, you have to view this) or something similar (going by memory). But all of the comments regarding this speech have flagged it as worthy of viewing.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

No! Lol I was like dayum this guy has got to b old as f### =] good thing I read the post instead of just scimmed the title right ;-]
edit on 19-2-2013 by andyr1112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This man was an excellent public speaker.

"Action Matters. This speech is meaningless without action".

Wise words.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Thank you for reply to the "one sided" post by "TwoSides".
Well said.

top topics

join