It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From 1969 - Ratzingers (Pope Benedicts) Forgotten Prophecy on the Future of Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Religion or prediction forum ... Either way .. 55 years ago he pretty much nailed it.
I don't think it's completed yet .. but it's definately getting there.
I believe this 'prophecy' speaks for all of Christianity, not just the Catholics.
(I could be wrong .. but that's what I'm reading out of this)

Vatican Insider

“It will become small and will have to start pretty much all over again. It will no longer have use of the structures it built in its years of prosperity. The reduction in the number of faithful will lead to it losing an important part of its social privileges.” It will start off with small groups and movements and a minority that will make faith central to experience again. “It will be a more spiritual Church, and will not claim a political mandate flirting with the Right one minute and the Left the next. It will be poor and will become the Church of the destitute.”

The process outlined by Ratzinger was a “long” one “but when all the suffering is past, a great power will emerge from a more spiritual and simple Church,” at which point humans will realise that they live in a world of “indescribable solitude” and having lost sight of God “they will perceive the horror of their poverty.”

Two things were really interesting .. Christianity will become 'the church of the destitute' and 'a great power will emerge from a more spiritual and simple (and smaller) Church'. The temporal wealth of the Christian faiths will be gone. The Vatican earthly wealth. The big mega-churches and high payrolls of the protestants. All of it. And they will become politically and socially impotent. I'm wondering about the 'great power' that will emerge after this great fall. Spiritual power? Earthly power? Both?

edit on 2/18/2013 by FlyersFan because: oooops .. double posted a paragraph

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Great find OP!

I could see this happening. Money and materialism may lose appeal down the line, making room for more humane values. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the catholic/christian church that would back a move like that.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I would suggest that this is happening whilst we speak, The church and organized religion is villafied on every occasion. read the posts by a majority of ATS'ers. They do not believe in GOD and they despise religion in general.

I personally dislike the majority of churches that I have attended, they focus more on the Business of God's work than doing the Business of GOD and doing his works.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

It's almost a common sense prophecy. The christian churches have gotten too big and too corrupt and too heavy with money at the top. The Vatican .. mega churches .. protestant TV evangelists ... you name it. They've lost the 'spirit'. (or it's very well hidden). They have to implode.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is interesting because many orthodox have been predicting a short but powerful spiritual re-awakening of Russia before the emergence of the anti-Christ.

Orthodox Eschatology: Let us consider some further prophecies:

“The last days have not yet arrived, and it is completely wrong to consider that we are on the threshold of the coming of the antichrist, because one last flourishing of Orthodoxy is still to come, this time in the whole world, headed by Russia. This will take place after a terrible war in which either one half or two thirds of humanity will perish, and which will be stopped by a voice from heaven: ‘And the Gospel will be preached throughout the world’.
--Hieromonk Anthony of St. Sabbas’ Monastery

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Plays tight into end times prophecy dont it?
Seems like everybodys a prophet....once in their life....
Perhaps GOD is a product of the sum total of consciouness that exists in our universe and beyond?
All these utterances and speculations adding up to the reality we face?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Seems like everybodys a prophet....once in their life....
Perhaps GOD is a product of the sum total of consciouness that exists in our universe and beyond?
All these utterances and speculations adding up to the reality we face?

Well said friend.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The temporal wealth of the Christian faiths will be gone. The Vatican earthly wealth. The big mega-churches and high payrolls of the protestants. All of it.

Theres no chance in hell the Vatican will give up or lose their wealth...

And im not just talking about money... They have a vast amount of scriptural wealth stashed away, never to be released... likely because it would show their God in the flesh to be something entirely different

Just my opinion of course, but I think its quite valid

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The troubled is the poor are often the most greedy and unsatisfied people of all.

Check the lottery outlets. Who frequents them the most instead of spending that money on food and bills?

People assume greed is the primary of the wealthy. Not always so. I've meet very humble and giving rich people and I've meet very greedy and stingy poor people. Attitude to money and it's [purpose was the problem, not the amount of it.

That's why I like the principle of tithes, it sorts out the greedy. The greedy can't tithe. It has nothing to do with who it goes to, it has everything to do with the one releasing it. As the NT says, give whats in your heart. You give less than a tithe, that's where you're heart capacity is toward money's influence upon you.

Only those that are poor givers and greedy will disagree with my comment on tithes. I've never ever met someone who disagrees with the tithe principle who has a better heart and out gives me so that proves what Jesus said is right......

The giving reveals the heart.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Dear FlyersFan,

The Catholic church is the big boy on the block and if you are to steal from a strong man, you must tie him up first. One thing I find fascinating is that the New Testament is the only religion that ever predicted it would be heard worldwide and then would have a great falling away. For Christianity to be true, it must end badly for Christians. The moment it ends badly for Christians is the the proof for the world that God was correct. LOL. It gets even better, we are supposed to be good slaves, help one another and not fight back. This is why the passage is narrow. I left the Catholic church 41 years ago as a child. That was not because I thought they were all idiots, they are not, my priests were good old Irish Jesuits. I think they all had doctorates, no slouches.

If the bible is correct, the church will become much smaller as the end times take place. Still, no matter what we believe the end will look like, the real question for all of us, is what will you do with the time we have.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There are no true "acts" church left in Christianity, most have fallen to using false doctrine, either through things like trying to Appeal to more modern audiences (mega churches, joel olstien type doctrines). Or through out right corruptions as with the Catholics adopting pagan doctrines.

The mandate for churches is clear in the bible small communities of believers that not only help each other, but anyone in need in their community.

If that did happen, I would say the world would have a very different view of Christians than what it currently holds.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by soulwaxer

It's almost a common sense prophecy. The christian churches have gotten too big and too corrupt and too heavy with money at the top. The Vatican .. mega churches .. protestant TV evangelists ... you name it. They've lost the 'spirit'. (or it's very well hidden). They have to implode.

Too big?, remember to big to fail? .Obi will bail them out and then be the last to take the throne as evil overlord

No Ratzinger predicted the church would go poor as he planned to be annointed and empty the vault.Self forfilling prophecy.
In reality, the people will strip the church bare, enraged at being impoverished as others live large.Sound familiar ?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I posted this elsewhere and thought it would be appropriate here as well ...

"For the time is, that judgment should begin at the house of God." (1 Pet 4:17)

Perhaps the final judgement is getting started ... and that final judgement
starts with a cleaning out the houses of God ....

new topics

top topics

join