It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by killerkitten
I have a 6 and an 8 yr old. I homeschooled 2011-2012 and did a poor job of it, or so I thought, but my 3rd grader jumped into 3rd grade at a public school head first and has been scoring very high (which is all schools care about now, is test scores). BUT, she has lost her natural curiosity and a lot of her zest for life.....
Now her school wants her to do her homework online so that "the students can be better prepared to take state tests which are now given online." So all they care about is test scores. Sad. Very sad.
Originally posted by Lingweenie
1. "Most schools today are prison-like, you sit in a classroom for 8 hours in a day, being able to go outside is extremely limited..."
2. "Anytime you learn something or have your own opinion on the subject, teachers don't bother trying to debate with you...."
3. "School's are basically just a training area for people to become loyal workers...."
4. "Most teachers today are under qualified..."
5. "Most schools are practically a little mini police state..."
6. "Some teachers today actually make it simple for kids to pass...."
7. "The food in public schools is terrible, I never ate a single school lunch throughout my time in high school..."
8. "Kids today always complain how stupid, or boring school is...."
9. "Some people in a schools faculty may feel they've gained a certain amount of authority, since they can tell other people what they can do, some teachers end up abusing this.
10. Some schools express a harsh dress codes, and may strip some kids of their individuality."
11. "Schools don't really work out so well."
Originally posted by VforVendettea
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein
School is meant to...
Break up the family,
Get children used to the idea of them having to work without pay (Go into a mall and try to buy something with that A you worked so hard to get),
To teach the used to authority figures,
To accept what they are told is the truth
Keep them from leaning to critically think and figure out situations.
In short to teach them to think like the slaves they are.
Schools are for animals, Academies are for humans.
Guess where they send the children of the masses.
Read the book 'The underground history of American education' (I think you can find it free to read online)