posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
Here are some reasons as to why I think the school system is as bad as it is today:
1. Most schools today are prison-like, you sit in a classroom for 8 hours in a day, being able to go outside is extremely limited, and whenever you
ask to leave the classroom for any reason you get hassled. My high school was creepily lit, whenever it rained certain areas of the building would
leak, and teachers would have to go and put a bucket underneath the source. Our heaters and air conditioning barely worked.
2. Anytime you learn something or have your own opinion on the subject, teachers don't bother trying to debate with you.
3. School's are basically just a training area for people to become loyal workers.
4. Most teachers today are under qualified. most of them don't even know extensive information on the subject their teaching. Anytime I would ask a
good question, they would try and come up with an educated guess, rather than fact.
5. Most schools are practically a little mini police state. At the high school I was at, I had a police officer each morning standing in from of the
main entrance. Camera's were setup in the hallways, and even my school bus had a camera in it. Some schools even go as far as setting up metal
detectors. Which to me can help get people used to a police state that may arise, because they've gotten used to it, and don't really see how that
6. Some teachers today actually make it simple for kids to pass. I remember when I was taking a world history final my sophmore year, We needed to
fill out a study guide, and we ended up being able to use the study guide on our own final. Needless to say, I easily scored about 98% on that test.
It seems like the school system is lowering the bar that way more kids can pass, and when kids pass, the school gets more funding, making it even more
incentive for teachers or other faculty to make it easier to pass.
7. The food in public schools is terrible, I never ate a single school lunch throughout my time in high school. I either didn't eat at all, or I
would buy french fries that were separate from the main meal of the day.
8. Kids today always complain how stupid, or boring school is. And I do agree to some extent. I'm sure any of you that was in school at one time
would say that school is very boring. And when you think learning is something boring to do, people typically stay away from trying to learn new
things, because in their mind they've associated boredom with learning. If education was more appealing more people would go and learn new things.
9. Some people in a schools faculty may feel they've gained a certain amount of authority, since they can tell other people what they can do, some
teachers end up abusing this.
10. Some schools express a harsh dress codes, and may strip some kids of their individuality.
11. Schools don't really work out so well. And what I mean by that is, most things people end up learning in school they forget later on in their
life. Unless the job they choose is linked to something they learned previously in school. If you walked up a someone who graduated from high school,
and gave them a exact same test they took 5-10 years ago, and told them to do it. I guarantee a vast majority of people would score quite low on
Well, these are some things I thought of off the top of my head, there's plenty of other reasons as to why our school system is so flawed.