It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Foods you should never eat again!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sajuek
Can we please start banning links to Natural News? These are the same guys who were literally telling cancer patients to take baking soda as a cure and to stop their chemotherapy. They are probably amongst the more dangerous "disinformation 4 profit" websites you'll find on the Internet. At least before it's news and ATS is just filled with paranoid hacks.

Chemo is terrible. I think dr Gerson's method is much more humane. And while I've never had cancer myself, I did cure arthritis using his methods.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I know one thing for sure... monosodium glutamate, MSG, makes it nearly impossible to urinate. When I have it on food... Which I avoid like the plague now, I have about 24 hours of discomfort. While shopping, I'm always looking at ingredients. Chinese food is notorious for adding MSG to nearly everything......bummer, 'cause I used to love it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Dammit. I just got on a hi-soy (relatively), lo-meat diet (new GF, vegan). So, now whut? LOL. One More Thing to worry about. I gotta kill the internetz, same as i did the t and v.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

If I cut all that out, i will surely starve to death.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

I beg to differ! There are so many wonderful health alternatives, some even mentioned on here. How about some tasty quinoa? Or why not cough up a couple extra bucks for free-run/grass-fed/organic meat?
I have grown to love Black Bread!

I think the most important thing is to just be aware of what you're consuming. Once you know the effects on the body that these foods have, the ball is in your court whether you care or not. Personally, I try to treat my body well because I can feel incredible results. Just look at the ingredients when you shop... I base my purchase on whether I can pronounce the ingredients and if there are any known bad ingredients such as Corn Syrup/modified soy/etc. The simpler, more natural that list the better.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Update: I just got back from the store. This is what I was able to find out.

I grabbed a package of processed sandwich meat (turkey) in the lunch meat aisle then went to the deli to get my usual real meats.

The processed brand had all sorts of ingredients. The ingredients list was a mile long and it included nitrates. When I went to the deli to look at the real meats, they weren't anywhere near as bad as the processed, packaged stuff. The ingredients weren't quite as short as 'turkey' but it was like 'Turkey, turkey broth, and less than 2% of the following...' It was nothing bad. I did notice it has phosphates in it but fortunately zero nitrates.

I did request organic, grass fed, no medicines, etc. but they didn't have anything like that.

So it's probably not the best but if you're going to go for sandwich meat, then I'd definitely go for the fresh meat at the deli than the horrible Oscar Mayer-like stuff. I was looking at even the 'HEALTHY' processed meats that claimed things like 'low sodium' and 'low fat' but they were still loaded with chemicals in the ingredients list.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Oh I agree wholeheartedly with you, just making a ( lame ) joke. But I am attempting to do the same as you say. However, after 40+ years of stuffing my face with whatever tasted good and greasy, it's going to take A LOT of willpower lol

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

My husband insists on deli turkey slices and I buy one in a brown package that is nitrate free at target. Made by horseless, it's called natural choice and says nitrate free right on the package, as well as no preservatives.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks a lot for the info, good to know that I can still indulge in a turkey and avocado sandwich. Had me worried there (haha) but that's really disappointing that the grassfed/good stuff is not usually available through markets and what not. I guess you'd have to go to specialty meat stores, if they even have it... Looks like i'll be going on a meat hunt

And @ UnderWater, I will keep my eyes posted for that one.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I am curious how old you are now. I just saw a documentary called, "Hungry for Change" on Netflix if anyone cares to see it. There was a woman who was diagnosed with cervical cancer, I think it was, and in 4 weeks of juicing and eating only real foods, no processed crap, she was cancer free! I am amazed. And good for you too!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I am 23 years old, and found out at 21. I've had several checkups to test for cell growth and they have all come back with pleasant results. To be honest, I still smoked up until 7 months ago and even ate things that were really bad, but even adding Hemp Protein shakes to my diet and eating a lot more raw foods instead of processed has made a huge impact on everything from inside and outside as well; hair, nails, skin. I guess the quitting smoking helped too

And i'll definitely take a look at that Doc, thanks

edit on 21-2-2013 by RooskiZombi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The Gerson Miracle is a great documentary about how to use food for curing your diseases. That was how I learned how to cure my arthritis. I can't preach enough about the power of live enzymes and the effect on the body. Raw organic, foods and juices.....it can change a person's life!

Oh and I just noticed the typo (damn ipad) from my last post. The meat is by hormel, not horseless, lol!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

You're the third person to recommend that doc to me in the last few days, I think the universe is telling me something!

I think converting to purely Raw Food diet can be a bit overwhelming (at least to me) but I guess it's all baby steps.
Have you seen the Doc "Forks Over Knives"? It blew me away. This heart Surgeon took several of his patients who had failed bypass surgeries along with cancer patients and came into their homes to show them and teach them on how to live on a plant-based diet and over a course of 10 years, with 18 patients; 2 passed away and the remaining who stayed on this diet were seniors who ran marathons, rode their bikes and looked exceptionally healthy after boycotting animal products. I was skeptical, but after realizing they weren't trying to sell anything but rather show these people the studies conducted since the 70's of the ill effects that too much (**too much, not all**) meat can have on our bodies. The fact that they came into these peoples homes to show them how to cook and personally guide them just blew me away.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

That is really awesome for you! I am so hopeful now that my health can turn around simply with the eating well. I'm doing the same thing now, adding in good things but still indulging in some bad things. I think eventually the good will crowd out the bad.

I get so mad when people say the only way to treat cancer is the way the medical establishment says it should be treated, radiation and chemotherapy. Both those things freakin cause cancer! They have people afraid to try a natural way to heal. If I ever get cancer, I would not get those treatments. I've even told my family that. I would rather chance dying, but I don't think it would come down to that. Anyway, thanks for your response, and this is a good thread topic.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

LOL I thought you were just being a wiseguy typing "horseless" instead of "hormel!" I knew what you were talking about because that is the turkey we buy. My son eats it everyday, so I figured I should find the best one possible. So far that is the one for us, short of going to the deli and getting the 'just turkey' one. That one has only turkey, nothing else. Problem is you can't keep it on hand long because it will spoil quickly. I have to retrain myself to go to the store more often and get fresher things.

I hear ya on the juicing thing, I have added kale to my daily food intake. In soups and smoothies (I don't have a juicer... yet
) It is like a wonder food. They actually give it to tumorous animals and the tumors shrink fast. Plus it has tons of vitamins and minerals in it.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yes, you must watch it, it will change your life! I have a huge list of them that I've watched on netflix. Don't be overwhelmed by raw, I didn't think I could do it either, but I loved it! I did juicing first, then raw vegan, then regular vegan. It was a transition. I healed my body doing that, and these docs are what inspired me. And yes, I've seen forks over knives as well! I like to watch all of them every so often to remind myself and re-inspire myself.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I know, with all the horse meat going around, I guess it did look pretty funny, haha. I hate typing on my ipad, but i bring it to bed with me and hang out on ats all night. So bad, I really need to stop, lol!

edit on 23-2-2013 by Under Water because: stupid ipad

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Good list.

We don't allow most of that for our family but we do consume nitrates via bacon. We are Canadian after all, you lose your citizenship if you don't consume bacon ( and gravy) on a weekly basis.

We buy nitrate mix and cure our own pea meal bacon too. We just use a minimal concentration.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join