It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green 'Space' Slime Baffles Nature Experts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Anyone else think we are now 5 mins into a Movie? Maybe 10?

i think we are at least half way through

when the hero is trying to understand why everything has gone pete-tong

the 5mins part, was when that zombie ate that dudes face last year!

lol

peace

Oh yes, I forgot about that Zombie incident.... although I was sort of starting from the 'Meteor'

What comes next??

I'm waiting for the 'Big Green One Eyed Monster' to come out of that Lake in Russia!
edit on 18-2-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
That's not just green "space"!

It's Flubber

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Well Dang! I was about to say that someone said "I Don't Know", then I seen your post!

Cheers

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
That is all the snot that is in our atmosphere. The meteor cuts through the air and the heat dehydrates the surrounding atmosphere, then like a big sneeze the booger is projected out of the lungs of the air and dropped onto the ground.

Live in the city and you're breathing in road grime which can get blown out onto a tissue at the end of the day. The air where the meteor is, full of plant material and moisture that gets boiled down into custard when it hits the ground.

Your picture of the slime around the pools of water is most likely frog or fish eggs, which completely defeats my space booger explanation. It may be slime mold too. You know what would dispel the confusion? Can one of these so-called experts take a sample and put it on a microscope slide?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
After much thought. The meteor was a "snot-rocket" from God & the slime is" ectoplasm" from the Ghost Busters. On a more serious note. Could be alien poop. They could simply throw it out the back window the way airlines do. Imagine that, the earth being shat on by an alien species.......Go figure.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Re: Green 'space' slime baffles nature experts

Hello. As a skeptical person who holds a science degree, I ordinarily wouldn't buy-into a headline like this, (cyanobacteria, slime mold, or regurgitated toad guts all sound like perfectly plausible explanations to me,)

However, I have had a personal experience that makes it tough for me to deny that there might be some degree of truth to this topic of 'space/meteor slime' in-general. Dear ATS readers and posters, I am a new member and this is my first post.
I have no hard evidence or photos I can share with you, only a very clear and distinct memory of what I saw. Below I will relate my experience objectively with as little speculation and with as much detail as I can recall in the few years since this happened.

On November 5, 2009 in the time between 5:10-5:15pm PST (I must grudgingly credit FB timeline for allowing me to go back and recover the date/time), I witnessed perhaps this very stuff falling in the wake of a similar 'ball of fire'-type event in the skies above CA bay area (not unlike the fireball seen just a few days ago above SF the night after the event in Russia). I've seen a few daytime meteorite falls in my life, but the appearance of what I can only describe succinctly as "clumps of spiderwebby-goo" falling through the sky for about 20 seconds in the minutes following a meteorite fireball will always be strongly implanted in my memory.

At the time I was a student at UC Santa Cruz and on-duty lifeguarding at the campus pool. From my vantage point I had an unobstructed view over the monterey bay. It was a clear, warm afternoon with a few whispy cirrus clouds very high in the sky. (anyone who has lived in the SC area knows that we experience an 'indian summer' with very pleasant weather lasting far into autumn… whereas it's usually quite foggy during most of summer itself!)

An extremely bright light-source approaching from southeast caught my eye. Willfully neglecting my job duties, I took my eyes off the pool and watched this object as it broke through the clouds and appeared to double in brightness roughly over the moss landing power plant (a distance of about 25 miles). I called out to my coworkers, who came out of the shack and also witnessed the fireball. Over the course of 10(ish) seconds, It zoomed by from left to right "directly infront of us" (OK, that's a very relative statement-- I would guess it was within a radius of 10-15 miles of our position, it seemed VERY close) on a shallow parabolic trajectory at an altitude (again, guessing here) somewhere between 10-20,000 feet.. clearly below the cloud layer. It left a clearly visible spirally vapor trail in its wake, but that dissipated after just a few minutes. There was a small sonic boom about 15 seconds after it passed by (sounded like large reverberating whip-crack, a little startling, but nothing like what's heard in the russian meteorite videos). I presume that the meteor burned up somewhere over the pacific ocean-- it was extremely bright (like a welding torch-- it left a strong 'after-image' on my retinae, like when one glances at the sun), but not very large.

We're all like "cool! a meteor! I've never seen one during the daytime before, and so low in the sky!" An interesting/unlikely thing to see on any given day, but certainly not incredible or unheard of.

Then,

A few minutes after it had passed, as the last whisps of vapor trail were disappearing, I saw them--

Half-a-dozen or so 'blobs' or 'clumps' or 'knots' of some grey-white semi-translucent "stringy/whispy/jelly-like substance" rolling/churning along, moving fast (relatively) across my field of view. They moved as a group, not perfectly-spaced but did appear to be in roughly a straight line. They were not obvious to spot at first and, as my attention had shifted back to the water and pool deck, I did not see them until they were directly infront/above me ( right around the horizon line, close-in, must have been less than a mile away.)

I was speechless, and stood up on the stand trying in vain to get a better view. I could tell they were traveling at a slower speed and much lower in the sky/ closer to me compared to the fireball--- A few hundred to a thousand feet up perhaps, with a speed I would guesstimate of a few meters-per-second---- not nearly meteorite-fast, but still quite 'fast': much MUCH faster than any air current could have possibly been blowing an object, vapor cloud, group of seedpods, fluid, or whatever they were.

As I watched them in silence following a similar trajectory as the fireball (but lower altitude), I could not say whether they were solid objects, puffs of vapor or smoke (believe me there're plenty of those around the campus…), or a fluid of some sort. For a few seconds I recall they distinctly resembled blobs of "clear jello" with large air pockets inside. But "churning clumps of gooey-spiderwebs" is the best visual analogy I can give.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I wonder if this is related to the purple jelly that was found last week in a video in maybe arizona or somewhere in the US.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
In hindsight, looking through this thread I must say that these looked STRIKINGLY similar to the "cobwebs" depicted in the NGeo video on page 2 posted by voyger2, (at precisely the 27:51 mark).

But what I saw differs from the video re-creation in that they were less numerous, less spread out (still appeared to me like 'spiderwebs', but more compact, rolled-up into balls and churning/ spinning like snowballs as they moved along), and they travelled with a much greater component of horizontal velocity than vertical (again, a shallow parabolic trajectory mimicking very closely the meteorite's but much lower in the sky). -- not floating down gently as in the video, but moving quickly across my field of view. This sighting of mine only lasted around 20 seconds; the clumps appeared to vanish/evaporate into thin air right before my eyes (this made me wonder if what I saw was even real for quite some time afterwards.) but if they'd continued along their paths, as I saw from my point of view, they would have landed in the forest along the ridge adjacent to steinhart way.

I later told one of my coworkers what I saw, he did not believe me, though they did see me stand up, distracted by something for half a minute while it happened (i did not call out to them a second time.) Not even sure if I fully believe-in what I saw, it seems so implausible; but I had to share this experience since I saw this thread.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think if there is something to this at all, then the meteorites are providing the food rather than the organism.

The organisms would be algaes/slimes/molds/fungi or maybe even bacteria from earth and they would then experience unusual fast and sustained growth when they suddenly have an unusually great food source available.

Mainly I would guess that it would be the result of fine powdered iron raining down somewhere, but there might be other elements typical for meteorites that would fuel such a growth boom...maybe other metals which have been burned off and/or exploded to a fine powder, or sulfur.

But yeah overall, if there is something to it, I think it's like how you can get a plankton growth spike from dumping iron in the ocean. Fine bits o' meteorite are feeding unusual growth blooms of stuff that's always there.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

SnF interesting find Lady_Tuatha

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I agree definately a mundane explanation, but the blob and zombies from space sounds cooler.

Not surprised green space slime baffles "nature experts" they can't even agree about "climate change".

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeolgstCA831
In hindsight, looking through this thread I must say that these looked STRIKINGLY similar to the "cobwebs" depicted in the NGeo video on page 2 posted by voyger2, (at precisely the 27:51 mark).

Honestly it was probably a basic sort of hallucination. I would guess that it was induced as an after effect from looking at what you were looking at, either the motion or the brightness or both.

They have to be 'depicted' based on descriptions because they can't be recorded because they are in your head, basically a glitch in your mental map of reality from sensory overload of one sort or another.

Google 'optical hallucinations' and you've probably seen things like these before; there are a lot of fun 'stare at this for X seconds and then look away' type things that make your vision go swirly, make you see false colors, etc.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GeolgstCA831

This certainly brings a whole new definition to the hypothesis of panspermia... maybe there really is something to it after all ?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is Nostoc. The unusual event is the meteor shower, not the star jelly. The meteor showers are unusual enough that people are dredging up all kinds of connections like this. Cool to learn about new things!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Sorry couldnt help it.
edit on 18-2-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Dear Baffled Experts,
Stick a PH Strip or something in it already for godssake it takes 5 seconds!
Throw it under a microscope, 5 minutes! And then when you're done with that task tell us all instead of sitting there staring at it with that baffled look on your face!

Sincerely,
someone who is sick of hearing about baffled experts

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Correction:
Sick of claims that experts are baffled.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh, it's easy.

Remember that part in Creepshow?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Correction:
Sick of claims that experts are baffled.

Correction:
Sick of claims that nature experts are baffled.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
No worries my friends!

~$heopleNation
edit on 18-2-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join