It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green 'Space' Slime Baffles Nature Experts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is also the first time I've heard about this.

Be warned though, green slime is how the ninja turtles started.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This headline really piqued my interest. I have never heard of this substance being found in the wake of a meteor impact before. The fact that it allegedly contains no DNA is fascinating. Has this been confirmed to have been found directly in the impact site or was this simply found shortly after and nearby? I wish more details were available.

The nerd in me wants to liken this to the Mako energy (lifestream) in Final Fantasy 7...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Eat it. Probably a good health food.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
so much to wikipedia...
i followed the link to the wiki-page for star jelly
the english version says it is unknown where exactly it comes from.
the german version says it is an swollen oviduct vomited by Falconiformes.
mainly found in spring at spawn(fields)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Alright, I'll just say what everyone is thinking...

Will someone just step up and taste it already?

Cool find OP

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So lets inseminate some animals and see what happens

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's The Blob!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

just a glimpse of smilar "unknow stuff" from the skies above (watch from 27:22 until 45:00 min):

in side note for wiki star jelly

This page was last modified on 5 February 2013 at 14:32.

why wonder why?hum

edit on 18-2-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Remember the SNAP10a nuclear reactored satellite that went critical in space and is parked out there....

Anytime you get large rocks entering the atmosphere there's a chance she dragged in some really hot particles from that reactor out there. You'd want to spray something in the atmosphere from an aircraft to trap those hot airborne particles so they fall to Earth...and decay in that medium they were trapped in.

Keeps your air clean and keeps the hot particles from the water/ food sources.

That's my theory on the green slime.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Interesting OP... I recollect reading before that some people had found correlations between comets and viral outbreaks on earth. I guess it may be possible that they deposits some kind of organic matter. Certainly the cultures of old thought this possible...

All ancient civilizations, without exception, have looked upon comets with a sense of trepidation and awe. Comets were considered to be harbingers of doom, disease, and death, infecting men with a blood lust to war, contaminating crops, and dispersing disease and plague (Hippocrates 1900; Olson and Pasachoff 1999). Although some of the alleged correlations could be dismissed as mere coincidence, a belief that emerged after centuries and millennia of observation merits some measure of deference and openness to additional scientific inquiry. The views of ancient civilizations – the Chinese, Egyptians and Indians, that laid the foundations of philosophy and science, including astronomy (Belmonte, 2010; Lockyer 1997; Pankenier 2010) - should not be so easily be dismissed.

journalofcosmology.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
OH, OH! I Know what it is!

It is the green slime, I saw that movie as a kid.

"The Green Slime" a 1968 science-fiction film produced by MGM in the United States and shot in Japan at the studios of Toei Company by director Kinji Fukasaku.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I was wondering if anyone else remembered that. Don't remember too much about it, as I was all of 7 years old at the time.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by staver
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I was wondering if anyone else remembered that. Don't remember too much about it, as I was all of 7 years old at the time.

Yeah, I was about that old and the most I remembered before looking it up was the stupid theme song at the start of the movie. It was a bad Japanese "B" sci-fi flick that made the original Godzilla movie look like "Gone with the Wind".

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I highly doubt this has anything to do with meteorites. Meteorites slam into the atmosphere and even a decent size chunk of rock and iron will leave only a microscopic trace. I can't see how some jelly substance can hitch a ride in that inferno of a journey.
Why on earth do they claim this name for this jelly? Astral jelly? Hmm. Doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I was wondering if it was kind of a compressed version of whatever those space-worms are that have sometimes been seen from the ISS footage and in other various photos. Perhaps the asteriod pushes them or they are dragged in the wake of the meteors as they enter the atsmosphere. I know there are certain gels that you can put on a building to prevent them from catching fire and think that these things survive re-entry through similar concepts. Just putting my view on it... Other than that, I am fresh out of ideas.

edit on 18-2-2013 by evc1shop because: bad spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Looks to me like some kind of spawning material. It was found near river banks. My mother who lives in somerset gets something very similar on her lawn every year when frogs/toads are spawning and eggs aren't ever visible.

When I researched it at the time I discovered that these frogs who may have been living in only damp conditions all year get caught short before they can manage to make it back to water, either to the local pond, stream or Rhyne. As a result they involuntarily have to dumpmthere load.

Also I once discovered a similar slyme on my upper arm and tee shirt sleeve one winter morning while walkng in the mendips in somerset. I found the source, I'd been unfortunate enough to brush past it. Now some fourteen years later I still regularly have periods of intense itchiness on my upper arm where it touched me.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I wonder what happens if you eat some?

I'm thinking either Fantastic Four super powers or Andromeda strain virus! LoL
edit on 18-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join