It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict - 'The Time of Testing is Here'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Really?
Freaking SATAN???
I thought we where already beyond that cra... stuff... Come on, XXI'st century, space probes, gene mods, x-rays, big freaking colliders... Maybe it's time to let the old fables die...

About the old geezer, all I can say is, good riddance...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Besides money laundry,accusations of pedophilia and fraud,what else can be???..upss dont forget the butler who run away with the important papers that are vatican top secret and involve in a great deal the pope,and the Italian police is investigating..........6 days before him quitting,there was a warrant for his arrest.....we all know that.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

But it's true that Peter has left the foot of the cross.

I'm not a fan of the church or the fatima prophesies as i believe it is a fabrication and a tool used to lend weight to a long term goal. The church uses humanity's natural curiosity and love of mystery to lead people around by the nose.
watch out for Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone, (peter the roman)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Satan is referenced by 'himself' denoting a male gender
Mark 3:26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Also all Angels, and fallen angels like lucifer, are all refered to in the masculine

For example in Job

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yep, incredible but true, they sell blessings there. Its been a while but from memory for an extra amount your item can be blesses by a bishop I think. And what about the pope, they say he is infallable meaning he can do no wrong. That would make him perfect hey. I don't buy into any of it. The vatican has centuries of blood on its hands, from secret agendas to taking dirty Nazi money. The Vatican is awesome in a physical sense, but it is hard to look up to the church anymore spiritually.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
As usual these Men of Cloth will use any natural disaster to work the crowd into a jesus frenzy.
a coincidence the Vatican was struck by lightning the day he announced he was retiring? I think it has to do with the sex scandals and his accountability.
edit on 19-2-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSnake

I feel a storm is brewing.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I find the Pope's words odd myself and I'm not Catholic either. The amount of time the Pope and bishops spend everyday meditating,praying and in seclusion is unbelievable. Go ask anyone in the philosophy forums about meditation..not easy.

The Pope specifically chose those words..but exactly what is he forewarning about as the testing? Time will tell.Just gives me an odd feeling,

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I think this was a sermon that was for him and him only. He knows if he leaves the Vatican he will be pursued for covering up all those sexual abuse crimes. The corruption is so deep in the Vatican that they cannot clean it up unless they destroy and rebuild the entire hierarchy of the church.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Out of context the homily may appear to be a "smoking gun"...but in context it really is not.

Pope Benedict's homily was for 2/17/13. The gospel for 2/17/13 was Luke 4:1-13.
This passage tells of the Devil tempting/testing Jesus in the desert. And so, all points made in the Pope Benedict's homily relate directly to that passage. It ends with Jesus saying "You shall not put the Lord your God, to the TEST." And yes, the Devil wasn't tempting Jesus by pushing Him to be "outwardly evil".

With that context this is by all appearances a normal, expected homily based on the readings of the day...many Catholic priests talked about temptation this past Sunday. It is standard practice for priests to use the readings of the day in their homilies.
BTW, the readings are all preset in a cyclical nature...this one wasn't cherry-picked for the times.

IMHO nothing special to see here. Although we're all waiting to see what comes in the immediate future in regards to the prophecies and such. Is the time of testing here for the Catholic Church? Of course it is...no surprise there...look at the times...

Originally posted by FlyersFan
'The Time of Testing is Here'.

Was this just the usual kind of Lenten homily/sermon that is given by the pope? To be expected at this time of year? Or does it have deeper meaning? He is in his final public hours. He is making everything he says count. Does he know that the antichrist is walking among us and that the end time has arrived? (yes, yes, I'm sure someone will say that Benedict himself is the antichrist.
seriously though, the guy is retiring, he can't be)

In the Catholic church, most of the homilies and bible readings about the end times and second coming are around Christmas, during Advent. Having it at this time of the year doesn't really fit the church calendar.

edit on 20-2-2013 by thewakecs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Sheesh, the time of testing has long been here for me and many of us.

I do ponder how much worse it can get.

I suppose the worse the tribulation we go through before the real one the better prepared we'll be, eh?

Who am I kidding, things can always get a lot worse.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by trinityalways
Anywho... Who's to say Satan is not a Woman?

Satan is pure spirit and therefore is neither male nor female.
But if you are referring to the antichrist .. Jesus referred to a male
when he said that one would come 'in HIS own name' and the people
would follow him.

**********************************Correction to you ********************************
The Old Testament NEVER specifies Lucifers gender. "In Genesis, the Devil is referred to as the serpent and in Job, as Satan. The terms "he" and "him" are not used,"
In recently completed translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Satan is repeatedly called "SHE", and the "Temptress." . "The confusion must have developed in latter centuries."

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmaman
And what about the pope, they say he is infallable meaning he can do no wrong. .

That's not what the Catholics teach either. They say that the pope is infallable when making theological pronouncments from the Chair of Peter. That's VERY different than saying that he can do no wrong. The pope goes to confession and admits sin like everyone else. Considering that you got this part wrong .. I"m wondering about your recollections about what was for sale in the gift shops. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

No. Satan is a fallen angel. Angels are pure spirit. Neither male nor female.
That's basic (and very sound) theology.

The antichrist is a human who is possessed by evil.
And Jesus referred to the antichrist as 'he'.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
why didn't they just tell us the real Fatima? I mean they: Pius 12, John 23, Paul 6, John Paul 1 (one month alive), John Paul 2 (many many years alive and many years in good health before his illness), Benedict 16 (almost 8 years in full conscience, and decades in N3 position in Vatican havin access to the secrets), plus a number of top cardinals, including today's Bertone, Sodano. They all lied to us, one way or another, or at least didn't tell us the truth they ought to tell us.

Who needs MORE suffering, conspiracy and secrecy? If it is not to bring that upon the faithful? Enough is enough! If the pope wants to undergo martyrdom, as he said to the religious orders before Ash Wednesday, then let he do whatever he wants to. But the martyrdom is not universal gift given to every Christian, as he tries to present the things. That homily is not infallible dogma, and I have the right to say that the POPE IS WRONG IN THAT.

Otherwise, the second generation Christians after the first martyrdom in 1st century would never be born. Or the third, the fourth. Someone wants that to be repeated and to make as many martyrs as possible. Fake apparitions will play out too. And I doubt that someone is God at all. God promised to Abraham his descendants to be countless as the stars in heaven.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I expect something terrible to happen during the conclave, in fulfillment of Fatima (known) and Malachi. Do not go to Rome and do not take part in those "celebrations"!!! The pope who dies in Fatima 3 text is not the same as the pope who reigns during already destroyed Rome in Malachi. Theya re 2 different popes. This pope will have martyrdom, one way or another, according to the revealed part of Fatima (if true). Petrus Romanus is another one who come AFTER the destruction.

Again, go out of Rome!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
interesting tangent i found;

On examination, most of these X Factors are related one way or another to Space Weather and rapid evolutionary change. This is really a shock and awe moment as our world leaders have basically accepted the reality of the transformation of our world and the metaphysical concept of the veil lifting... The technical term used was X factors being “game-changers”... Moreover, this Davos 2013 report makes it very clear that the general public needs to be re-educated by the promotion of science and “space literacy” campaigns. Since press releases from various space agencies in recent years are making it very clear that the issue of Space Weather is becoming very serious what else could “space literacy” represent besides Space Weather? Furthermore, amongst business leaders, politicians and central bankers, it was reported that a representative from the Vatican, the archbishop of Ireland, Diarmuid Martin (who has attended more Davos meetings than any other Irishman since his days in the Vatican) was in attendance. He was asked to provide a talk on ‘X factors; Preparing For The Unknown’. It must be understood that the Vatican are in a unique position as they have vast archives of ancient manuscripts and a tradition of understanding the existence of long astronomical cycles that affect life on Earth.

source

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
"Consecrate Russia or you will die" OL Bayside

The consecration was not done by Rome so far. Perhaps it would be done by a cardinal - next pope who doesn't want his country annihilated? Let say, someone from the US cardinals? Of course USA is target N1 of any Russian preemptive surprise attack.
Russia is capable to annihilate a major portion of USA in 5 minutes after the push of the button. Forget about MAD in time when preemptiveness decides everything, and when electronics make it possible the decision to be fulfilled in seconds. Even if Russia is hit back, so what? America will be gone. Rome will be gone even earlier, but I will not enter into prophecy now. The only positive solution is to fulfill Our Lady's request and fulfill it on time. I get mad as seeing how the church hierarchy just ignore the chance given to the world. Do they serve Jesus?

Russian bishop with apostolic succession from apostle Andrew consecrates strategic submarine that carries some 160 warheads.

Russian submarine song singing of Christ

edit on 22-2-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This conclave is the last chance for the entire so called "developed West" to avoid annihilation of great portion of it and the rest to be included in the winner's world system. Many today's catholics will call it the system of the beast. I disagree because what we know of prophecies Russia is not the beast. And the 8th beast may come after hundreds of years if not thousands. Then what? This is the last chance to make a peaceful transition to the promised era of peace, and to avoid the nuclear outcome. Why not American pope to assure America survives? Otherwise, those who will make it (the consecration, and ultimately the way to the era of peace) won't belong to the Western countries. For more, check Fatima texts of Neues Europa and others. It is a shame the Vatican didn't do a iota on that, while marred in its own lustful sins. I am disgusted from the Vatican prelates, most of them! This is the last chance - let the cardinals and bishops around the world know it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

Bayside is a FALSE apparition. Fake.
And it's been condemned by the Church (and rightly so).

Text of Church statement on Bayside

1. No credibility can be given to the so-called "apparitions" reported by
Veronica Lueken and her followers.

2. The "messages" and other related propaganda contain statements which,
among other things, are contrary to the teachings of the Catholic Church,
undermine the legitimate authority of bishops and councils and instill
doubts in the minds of the faithful, for example, by claiming that, for
years, an "imposter (sic) Pope" governed the Catholic Church in place of
Paul VI.

3. Those who persistently maintain that "no ecclesiastical permission is
required for the publication or dissemination" of information concerning
"revelations, visions or miracles," are erroneously interpreting the
directives of the Holy See when they attempt to justify the publication of
the propaganda literature on the "Bayside Messages."

More of the church statement at the site given ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join