Pope Benedict - 'The Time of Testing is Here'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think the real evil is displayed onsite at the Vatican gift shop. Have you ever been there? I have a couple of times and the blantent money grabbing is a real put off. You can buy almost anything from statues to cigarette lighters with the vatican seal on it for ther souvenire hunters. They even sold condoms there in the ninties, funny considering the catholic stand on contraception. Anyhow, what go me the most was that at the gift shop you could buy a blessing, and you could buy a guarantee into heaven. For a few extra bucks you could have your plaque extra blessed (special item) and delivered to your hotel later in the day.
Good touchy feely service for true believers OR greedy scum bags taking money off tourists?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Shakespeare's words applies to religion

“a tale told by a madman, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing”
time to put it aside

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmaman

Yes, and you can buy pants for 10 Euro. You can't enter St. Peter's Basilica with shorts on. From a historical point of view, it makes sense.

Benedict's words are ominous. Add in St. Malachy and a bolt of lightning, maybe the next sight of white smoke indicates a fire.

Time to charge me Segway and head to conclave. How can you vote when half of these guys are named Peter? And, we are ALL in Rome.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
For just a moment...lets ignore the religious part of this and consider the facts...at least as I see them. We are a huge group of animals living on a planet that will one day, die. We are governed by greedy, power-hungry people who want to divide us and generate class hate, race hate, idea hate. We are "forced" to live in groups of un-alike people with un-alike goals and beliefs and are expected to co-exist nicely. And so much more.

But in the end, isn't it our whole outlook that is "wrong"? Were we as a people meant to live like this, wake-work-sleep? Or were we meant to be like every other living creature on this planet and "live". We consider "what we have" to be "living well". We are never happy with "what we have" and are on a constant progression to obtain more. More money, power, things...we are a "never happy" people. We are gluttons that can and will never be truly happy and content where we arrive. If there was a Heaven...I suggest we wouldn't even be happy with that...eventually. We would want better and be willing to compete to get it in any way we must.

I would never wish for a disaster of biblical proportions. But I do question if such an event might be the only way that we can reset what we have become, to what we were meant to be. Simply put...an animal that can look around themselves and be happy with what we have, who we are and ignore where we are going. Maybe, just maybe...we could one day be there, instead of be continually looking for more. And maybe THAT is Heaven...finally being content.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSnake
Has he ever said words similar to this before?

He has had 8 years worth of homilies and letters and writings to the church. I didn't go through them all, but only did a quick search. I did not find anything like this. And as I said, usually it's in the Advent time period that the Catholic church has homilies and readings about the end times and second coming.

Considering he has only 2 weeks left in office and then he will .. according to him ... lead a life of retirement and be hidden from the world ... I'd say that whatever he says in these next few weeks will be what is most important to him and it'll be the most important messages he can think of.

'THE Time of Testing is here'. Not 'a' time of testing ... but 'THE' time of testing ...

I just found it odd. it tickled my brain.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by trinityalways
Anywho... Who's to say Satan is not a Woman?

Satan is pure spirit and therefore is neither male nor female.
But if you are referring to the antichrist .. Jesus referred to a male
when he said that one would come 'in HIS own name' and the people
would follow him.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmaman
at the gift shop you could buy a blessing, and you could buy a guarantee into heaven.

That's completely against church teaching.
If someone was selling that in a gift shop it was totally invalid.
Was it a gag gift kind of thing?
'I went to the Vatican and bought a ticket to heaven'?? that kind of thing??

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmaman

I think the real evil is displayed onsite at the Vatican gift shop. Have you ever been there? I have a couple of times and the blantent money grabbing is a real put off. You can buy almost anything from statues to cigarette lighters with the vatican seal on it for ther souvenire hunters. They even sold condoms there in the ninties, funny considering the catholic stand on contraception. Anyhow, what go me the most was that at the gift shop you could buy a blessing, and you could buy a guarantee into heaven. For a few extra bucks you could have your plaque extra blessed (special item) and delivered to your hotel later in the day.
Good touchy feely service for true believers OR greedy scum bags taking money off tourists?

HELL, THATS PENNY ANTE STUFF, IN THE OLD DAYS THEY SOLD ]HEAVENLY PASSES TO THE RICH AND GULLIBLE, AND YOU STILL HAVE TO BUY YOUR LOVED ONES OUT OF PURGATORY I HAVE HEARD.....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by WhoKnows100

But that's just one of the problems with the catholic church. Mary was a normal human being.
Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the only one's that can make intercession for us.
The great falling away is talked about in the New Testament. But the church is not really shrinking. It's growing in lands like China and some Islamic countries. God will separate the sheep from the goats.
edit on 18-2-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

She was just a normal human being? She gave birth to God's baby.. That makes her at least a little special..
edit on 19-2-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by trinityalways
Anywho... Who's to say Satan is not a Woman?

Satan is pure spirit and therefore is neither male nor female.
But if you are referring to the antichrist .. Jesus referred to a male
when he said that one would come 'in HIS own name' and the people
would follow him.

Actually, I might disagree with you on this one.. Satan is not pure spirit.. on the contrary he is pure flesh,
and all extremities thereof.. therefore he is pure carnality and his issues revolve around pure physical embodiment;

So Satan would want to gender people, he would want to racialize people, and he would want to sexualize people, all principles which oppose "pure spirit"-- "neither male nor female, neither greek nor hebrew,
neither slave nor free man.. that's pure spirit.

In fact, many demons that I have read about actually attack exactly at those points of interest (race and color, gender, and sexuality interestingly enough). If it were up to Satan, he would want to see a racial war, gender division and strife +subordination, and most certainly plenty of violence of a lewd nature..

He's entirely the opposite of spirit, but you are right that he could arrive in the form of a woman,

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tony9802
Satan is not pure spirit.. on the contrary he is pure flesh,,

If Satan were pure flesh, then he'd be in animal form.
But he's in spirit form. He's a fallen angel. Angels are pure spirit.

The Antichrist will be a human possessed of Satan.
So Satan has to be a spirit to possess someone.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The Time of Testing for the Church began when Catholics began to read the bible for themselves.

Once people start to think for themselves,
any organisation that relies on "Dogma", "Mysteries" or a "Mother Goddess"
begins to look false and people will question them.
Only a liar fears the Truth.

When Folks are ordered to believe made up mumbo-jumbo under threat of eternal damnation,
then wonder why the Rites and Traditions of the Catholic church have nothing to do with the Bible,
It's natural to question the validity of those orders.

Surly it's common sense to wonder why they call themselves Christians,
while seeming to ignore most of what Jesus said in the Bible.

I was raised a Catholic, lived opposite a cathedral.
Most priests i met were good people.
Or were they? No idea. I wasn't molested. Many others were.

Any Organisation that supports Torture and protects Pedophiles has lost ALL validity and should be destroyed

Ratzinger may have been talking about "his" time of testing.

“The Temptor is devious: he does not push us towards evil directly, but towards a false good, making us believe that the real things that matter are power and whatever satisfies our primary needs,”

I just hope he isn't leaving because he was tempted to "satisfy his primary needs" in the usual Catholic priest manner...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoRico
Ratzinger may have been talking about "his" time of testing.

Well .. he didnt' say it was his time .. and he didn't say it was 'a time' .. he was pretty clear about it being 'THE time' .... and the sentences he used made it seem, at least to me, that he knew something was going on or would be happening. IMHO

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Isn't the age of Christianity (Pisces) over? Isn't it now the age of Aquarius? Maybe this will signal the transition.

"I will be with you till the end of the age"

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Lets take a look shall we, and yes I have said this before. First, lets look at world governments, Lies, dirty deals and cheap tricks, poor to no leadership ability, the U.S. is a prime example, considering the counterfeit in office now, the hatred of Israel, the worldwide friendliness to Islam. Murder, crime, lack of respect for life, lack of respect in all manner of day to day life. Look at the weather, mega storms, drought, earthquakes, natural disasters, (Please don't say its the speed of modern communications, that's a dead dog and it don't hunt!) The Sun is doing some crazy stuff, with objects observed around it regularly. (Lens flares just don't cut it) In fact the whole universe is acting crazy. Chicken Little was right the sky is falling. Five comets to make an appearance in our solar system in 2013. (Correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm sure you will.) I could go on and on, think this is natural? If it is, its a nature none of us has seen before nor any of our ancestors. Don't believe in God or scriptures? that's fine, but believe this, its time to take inventory of your bug out bag, and even that may be useless!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I really agree with the pope on this message. I am not catholic but what he stated about false good seems to ring true to what I am seeing in this world. In a lot of ways, the Popes message is sort of new age stuff.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

All religions are perversions of reality. My MIND is my religion....nature, my inspiration

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by laughingdog
its time to take inventory of your bug out bag,

Our bug out bags are in order and updated. But honestly, I'm thinking that whatever is coming will be so big that there won't be much use in running anywhere. The entire world will be a part of whatever it is .. IMHO

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by laughingdog

I think it is definitely natural to despise Israel just as I despised the old S. Africa. Israel's apartheid and racist and bulldozing Gaza homes policies and killing many of its citizens makes it one of the most hated nations on earth.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join