It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery: SEVEN-MILE 'mega-pod' of 100,000 dolphins off the coast of San Diego

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Dolphins know to 'rescue' humans at sea because they have sonar; they can echo on the subject and realize it has lungs and do what they would do with a dolphin in distress, take it to the surface.

The dolphin brain is larger and heavier than the human, and has more convolutions, which also increases it's computing power. The dolphin we see today was fully evolved whilst humans were still tree shrews, and they once were land creatures; basically they have exited the sea, walked on land and returned to the sea eons ago.

The amount of brain power dedicated to their sonar abilities is roughly equivalent to the amount we use for both eyesight and our hands; and sound waves are distributed through water far more efficiently and for farther distances than in air. Dolphins sleep one half of their brain at a time; they will leisurely swim in a circle with the outside eye looking out for trouble (connected to the reverse side's brain) and when done resting one half of the brain, the entire pod will reverse course and proceed to sleep the other brain half.

In this mass sighting, either there was an abundance of food locally (and a strange lack of food in other places) and word got out, they are bugging out in advance of the radiation plume cited above (which is right on schedule to hit the Pacific coastline NOW) or they were spooked in a certain direction by some anomalous sound on the sea floor; there's definitely a volcano rift growing now off the Oregon coastline, and it's possible the San Andreas is causing enough sonic disturbances that they've decided to get out of the way.

Please keep in mind that the larger whales can keep track of each other over the entire distance from the equator to the poles (lacking human sea-noise making, one of our more terrorizing habits); the distance the dolphins can communicate with each other is shortened by the higher frequency of their calls but it's on the order of many hundreds of miles, and they are certainly capable of relaying information over vast distances. They have a language and it's highly sophisticated.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well dolphins are consciouss creatures you know. Even have their own language that scientists say no other animal language even comes near.

Also they roamed earth a long time ago :| Umm.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
My first reaction to that picture was follow those Dolphins, because whatever is coming the other way is some scary crap! It always freaks me out a bit when animals behave in odd ways. I am always wondering what do they know that I don't?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Wow.. How can this possible. I haven't seen anything like this before
.. Dolphins are known to be living at particular temp..if there is any changes in the temp, I guess they will migrate to a new place. If Dolphins are migrating in a huge amount like this there must be some reason which we need to find out soon.

I think there might be some sort of under water volcanic activity is going on and it freaked out those poor dolphins.. or they detected some sort of unusual tectonic plate movements and migrated.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I was thinking the same thing....usually animals on this planet other than humans have a "sense" about nasty situations being "just around the corner".......wonder what they KNOW.._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Has anyone considered that maybe they're distancing themselves from something? Or is this part of their natural migration window? Do we eve know the species of dolphin here?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Maybe it is because they can sense an earthquake or maybe it is because of all the garbage and houses from Japan?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpiusMaximus
Whilst i find this kind of natural thing incredible, imo 100k
seems a stretch. I believe Dolphins and thier kin are THE
most intelligent creatures on this planet - we sure as hell are not!!

Just one thing, now that the cat is out of the proverbial bag, i guess
you all can be expecting some Japanese tourists/scientists over there
soon in big boats with big pointy guns (for thier protection from hippies
of course)....
Cheers....

The Japanese should be allowed no where near any dolphin. They should be ashamed with all the murder they have committed in their cove.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
San Diego is big US Navy port...

Sadly the most likely thing I can think is we have unraveled their language and our communicating with and influencing their behavior, first attempts at unifying the troops...nationalizing them so to speak

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by InS0MnI

i was thinking the same thing. there were reports of flocks and heards of animals stampeding just before when the new madrid fault let loose back in 1810-1811. nature never ceases to amaze me!

still, i have my thumb out and looking for a vogon fleet!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just read this on Jessica's webpage...

Source: jessicacaracciolo.wordpress.com...

My father emailed me a news story about thousands of dolphins off the coast of San Diego that are all swimming to get as far away from San Diego as possible. I find that interesting so prepare if you haven’t already because nature is giving you signs as well to prepare as they are sensing something is wrong. latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Stay safe out there SD!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join