learn more

I think we're Alone Now

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

I do understand what you went through, and are still going through.

In one moment, you want to shout it from the rooftop, to share, because it was a lifechanging moment in time, and it hardly seems fair to keep it to yourself. By the same token, however, you can never fully give the resonance of that experience, because even if someone had been standing right next to you, it may have affected them in a totally different way.

But, I do understand the shock, surprise, awe, and mystery of it all. Especially when it happens and you weren't looking for it or expecting it, or hoping, and it just happens. That seems to be,ironically, when it does. It isn't just the moment in time, but the aftermath. Literally, the years, because every time you think about it, you almost are forced to refocus your life again.

It's easy sometimes, to forget for a time, but not for long. It's almost like an innocence is gone. That's why I see it as almost cursing someone to wish it upon them, because all the misery and upheaval that happens in your life isn't worth it.

In the end, what have you, or I really gained? So we know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, things are not as they seem. Yet, we are both helpless to change others minds, helpless to DO anything about it, and if they come back, are helpless to be anything but victims to them.

I think that is what bothers me the most is the sense if powerlessness, both from them, and that which is inflicted upon you from skeptics and non-believers. I have no drive to convince anyone, I just don't. But, I wish I did have answers, and have come to realize I most likely never will.

As I said in an earlier post, you just have to take from it what you can, adjust your life accordingly, and try to move on. There are no other choices. If it changes your paradigm, then you have to make that adjustment.

I have not decided if they are evil or not, ir if I proscribe a goodness or evilness to them at all, but I do not feel they are going to save us from ourselves. Learn from our mistakes, perhaps, but saving us from ourselves will serve no purpose but to postpone the inevitable. Mankind never changes, and history repeats itself.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

You make a good point about people being at different stages of belief and acceptance.

What I said about the curse though, I don't know. It's a lifetime of turmoil to wish upon someone, and for what? Confirmation that what they may have suspected was true? Honestly, I can name only a little positive that has been my outcome. Knowing we are not alone, is of course one, knowing we have huge possibilities is another. Promise, yes.

But directly, I suppose in a religious and emotional sense was very good for me. I think that is highly personal, however, an objective outcome for the individual, and not the case for everyone.

And obviously, in the truest sense of the word, when I said cursing someone, obviously it would depend on them having the experience, but when you curse someone to hell, in the truest sense, do you really mean it? In the watered down way that I meant it, it was used more as an example to say, would you really wish upon your worst enemy the emotional roller coaster you have been through? The lifechanging sequence of events? The shame, humility? For what, exactly? What is the REAL benefit?

We can't prove it, can hardly share or talk about it, cannot understand it. So what is the benefit in wishing it upon another to be thrown into the upheaval, other than to be able to point and say, "I told you so."?
edit on 19-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by stiver

I guess that means you are calling me a liar, also. I have witnessed on 2 separate incidents what I believed to be unidentified aerial phenomena. In both incidents, there were other sane, sober and fairly intelligent people with me, who also witnessed it.

So, are you still brave enough to call me a liar???

A liar? You? Sorry, I don't recall ever meeting you or talking to you before moreover calling you anything. But I think you misunderstand my post. Please, read the last sentence again.
I have seen things too but, honestly, I'm so tired of aggressive compulsive alien believers jumping around that wish everyone stops believing in UFOs, so finally I can find and talk to reasonable people who really want to figure out this phenomena.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I read through most of this thread, I just wanted to add my two
cents worth.

The first point I want to make is that for 1,900 and some odd
years Christians have depicted demons as phantoms or
ghost like entities, and not a single Christian artist
depicted demons flying around aircrafts and suddenly
they think these flying saucers are demons.

Sorry, that's too convenient for me to believe.

Second point; there is FAR LESS evidence that there
is anything called a demon or the devil himself for that
matter or a spiritual hell.

There is however, quite a lot of evidence of UFO's &
E.T.'s HOWEVER,

Skeptics will argue the following:

1. Any video is not evidence because the video could
have been tampered with.
2. Any Eyewitness testimony is not evidence because
they could be lying or crazy.
3. Any scientific evidence, such as radiation and such
found at the areas of landing sights by eyewitnesses
is not evidence because the evidence must
also include an E.T. body to dissect and study as
well as an E.T. spacecraft for us to dissect and study.
4. And this is the most important, Skeptics will not
accept ANY evidence, unless the TV news
along with the government first tell them
that E.T.'s exist.

In the case of number 4 happening, they will need
absolutely NO EVIDENCE what-so-ever and will
become immediate believers in the phenomenon
and will believe whatever the government and TV
news tell them to believe regarding whether they
are hostile or friendly.

Rebel 5

edit on 19-2-2013 by rebelv because: syntax
edit on 19-2-2013 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Happy I can't agree with you OP. Happy I don't need to listen to what anyone else claims or captures on video.
I will always know what I've seen and happy I don't care who believes me. But I know the truth.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

You're not the only one.

If others only knew what I know.

Oh yea, I almost forgot,

A lot of other people do know what I know.

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
First of all, I do not mean to insult the intelligence of the person whom has made this post. But the statement, plus the automatic devotion to people's opinion shows that you have not approached this objectively but you have simply jumped behind a mindset and dug yourself in. Humanity is stuck in this realm of thinking, called most of the time "mob mentality". Someone whom is a true searcher of knowledge would maintain the stance that all things are possible and that they may have a probably, well-researched point-of-view based on common based scientific knowledge while maintaining an open mind towards ideas considered outrageous by the majority of the public.

The most damning knowledge for your statement and the complete justification that this post is pure hogwash is the fact that this is neither proven or un-proven. To say that you are leaning towards it being not real because of you looking at photos and reports and then receiving clouded info that it is fake, is a very poor way to draw conclusions. The first issue is that mathematically with the proof that life exists beyond earth. Yes, I said that there is proof that life exists, I do not enjoy looking at it in the mirror every morning. To think that we are special or that life cannot adapt to more extreme conditions is a step into infant thinking and should be only lightly considered at any serious discussion about the possibility of life. Recent photos from Mars and from a moon...excuse me for not knowing...clearly put things in a staggeringly high probability of LIFE in our OWN SOLAR SYSTEM. Which would make the potential for life in the universe so immensely towards the opinion that there is life out there that the question would no longer be if we are alone, but where are the others? We all know there has been algorithms that have attempted to make a probability of life existing but there is no way of knowing. However if we approach it from the most strict scientific views, even without concrete evidence, we have to lean towards that there is a very close to absolute probability of atleast microbial or even lesser life. And therefore a high probability of intelligent life as well.

The one thing I would urge to everyone is to dig deep and take EVERY piece of info into scrutiny. Dont just give over to someone just because CNN or CNBC or even independent news like Infowars or Coast to Coast AM says that it is true, do your own damn research and be an individual. I have seen enough evidence corroborated with credible scientists that it may be true. The ultimate determination will not be found out until the intellectual community at large takes a massive and public study into the phenomena with the cooperation of multiple governments and other intelligence entities. This dream is much more unbelievable than the existence of life beyond our planet.

We have our own problems people, and there is alot to figure out here before we can start looking out into the stars. Once we have solved out societal idiocies and realize that the amount we can accomplish together completely, hilariously outweighs our current ways then we can start to figure out the big questions and move together as one species. Take credit only for what you have personally dug for, not what others have propagated based on speculative analysis. Be your own person damn it! Free Humanity!
edit on 20-2-2013 by SentientFreedom6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
The laws of physics do not change as a function of time; they are independent of time. Conservation of momentum and the laws of relativity are reasons why interstellar travel will always remain a fantasy.

Originally posted by chunderPlease remember the distinction between personal opinion and fact.

I think you're confused. It is scientific fact that aliens, if they exist, would never have the technology to leave their solar system. It is an opinion (a delusional one at that) to think after sufficient amount of time that a civilization will figure out faster-than-light travel, reaction-less drives, free-energy, etc.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

Sorry but the fact is it doesn't require anything outside the laws of physics (even our current level of understanding) for interstellar travel to occur. We are probably at the technological level where capable now, should the will (funding) exist.

It is simply your opinion that aliens, should they exist, would not have a higher level of both technology and understanding of physics. Discarding FTL, wormholes, teleportation, other dimensions etc then you only have to have a breakthrough in either hibernation, genetics or some form of long term self sufficiency. What is delusional is to state that it's a scientific fact when you cannot possibly be in possession of the facts, and what is known points to the opposite anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
"The E.T. hypothesis" is just one explanation for what's behind the UFO phenomena. Fifty years ago, researchers like John Keel and Jacques Vallee rejected this hypothesis, but didn't reject the reality of the phenomena.

The OP may believe his journey to understand this phenomena ended when he decided to reject "the E.T. hypothesis". It hasn't. His journey has just begun.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

The fact that you would take one of my favorite 60's songs and associate it with having come from Tiffany!? just goes to show that you are not paying attention.

Over 130 officially documented UFO sightings since January 1st and you pick Tiffany?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebelv
4. And this is the most important, Skeptics will not accept ANY evidence, unless the TV news
along with the government first tell them that E.T.'s exist.

Given the number of hoaxers, delusional and mistaken people in the past and continuing to the present, is it really all that ridiculous to require some kind of official, unbiased confirmation of "aliens" that would include scientists, trusted news sources, and government officials?

You know what I like? Expert consensus. Peer review. Not just a person with an anecdote, a fuzzy photo, or a "study" done by a private lab that might have an agenda. Maybe you're enough of an expert in chemistry, aeronautics, physics, exobiology, or photography to look at a piece of evidence and determine whether it's true and alien. I freely admit that I am not. I want the experts to weigh in, and not just a few. The more the merrier.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I actually agree with a lot of what you said, I just wanted to respond
to two points-
One- I think the media is a propaganda machine for the government.
Two- The government has revealed time and time again that they lie to us.

Therefore I do not consider either the media or the government to
be an "objective" news source, especially regarding what they
would consider "classified"

So, we are left to do our own research (as one poster said) and
base what we believe on that as well as our own experiences.

Rebel V

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Jeezo guys, i'm starting to believe again..some great post here...thank you..

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

What about the Phoenix lights? What about... Ah, nevermind... If you've got your mind made up, then there's gonna be an answer for everything.

I think there's a lot of manmade craft out there... But look at the sightings before the year 1900. Look at the wood carving from the 1600s of a UFO battle in the skies. Look at the Rendlesham (sp) forest incident.

It's frustrating. I get it. I really do. We should have some better evidence... But at the same time, it would not be hard to hide our own existence from monkeys. Our technology alone could make it very easy to convince monkeys that they are the most intelligent beings around.

I have faith that things will change one day, and you will have your evidence...but the question is, will you want it? Or will you wish you could go back to ignorance? I think we are ready for interaction...but with who? Unfortunately we don't get to make that choice... O.O

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

What about the Phoenix lights? What about... Ah, nevermind... If you've got your mind made up, then there's gonna be an answer for everything.

I think there's a lot of manmade craft out there... But look at the sightings before the year 1900. Look at the wood carving from the 1600s of a UFO battle in the skies. Look at the Rendlesham (sp) forest incident.

It's frustrating. I get it. I really do. We should have some better evidence... But at the same time, it would not be hard to hide our own existence from monkeys. Our technology alone could make it very easy to convince monkeys that they are the most intelligent beings around.

I have faith that things will change one day, and you will have your evidence...but the question is, will you want it? Or will you wish you could go back to ignorance? I think we are ready for interaction...but with who? Unfortunately we don't get to make that choice... O.O

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I am pretty sure, that at the end of this thread, the definition of the word 'Entropy' will have been realized, and then we can all go home! ! ! ! !

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Seriously....The phoenix lights....you use a flair drop as a example...

if you listen to witness accounts and watch any video of the (Phoenix lights) nothing matches up to what people are saying about the Phoenix lights.....sure, they shot footage of the flare drop but no-one got any footage of the 3 mile wide structure that blocked out the stars in the night sky...for me the Phoenix lights is a urban myth because some people dont have the guts to admit they might be wrong....
I have seen things in the sky that at the time i was perplexed.....now, not so sure what i saw....but i have the bollocks to say i may have been wrong.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Some fairly simple research, even just using the threads on ATS, will show that there were two events in the evening in Phoenix on that day, the (deliberately orchestrated smoke and mirror) flare drop and the UFO event.

There is actually footage out there of interesting daylight orb manoeuvres leading up to the main sightings.

If you believe all of the earlier accounts to be explainable I would be interested to hear your explanation, unless it is that everyone was lying.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ok, no, this isn't a UFO over New Jersey:

www.youtube.com...

But if it was, it is probably them trying to ESCAPE New Jersey. LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well I've never seen a tornado. Nothing but a bunch of footage on tv, could be faked, word of mouth, could be liars. Us humans are just installed with hope. I think they're there because I see the aftermath, but thats on tv too.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join