It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we're Alone Now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Considering what I've known of various neighbors in my life, I'm pretty darn glad that we don't have many in-your-face neighbors on a galactic scale. Let them keep their distance!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
First, how do I know YOU exist? You cannot prove to me that you do. Words! You are just text on a screen. Sure, you could post pictures, but those could be hoaxes, someone else you profess to be you. You could call me, but again, it could be anyone claiming, "Hey, I am the one that started that thread!"

In all honesty, only the people that experience you know that you exist, or those that CHOOSE to believe that you do based on an internet posting, words and a pretty picture.

The point being, not you, not anyone truly believes until you experience something undoubtable, inarguable, for yourself. Then, you will doubt your own eyes, ears, and senses.

You will find yourself endlessly searching, looking for someone, anyone, that shared the same experience you did. Year after year, you will find yourself caught up in the search for a like soul.

In the end it will dawn on you that it matters not if anyone else shared your experience, and that you have only been hiding the truth from yourself. Instead, spend the time reflecting inwards on what the experience means to you, and how it will affect the outcome and totality of your life.

Share your story if you like, but many people fear ridicule. Some get that, some do not.

Overall, if you never have an experience, then you are free to choose to believe or not. No one can change that decision. You have to move forward in life in whatever manner works best for you. Some people will view you as giving up hope, ignore that. It isn't about hope, it isn't about being saved. No one is coming to save us from ourselves. In the end, how you live and treat each other is all that matters.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You said, " What would make Earth
stand out from the other potential millions of similar planets in
the galaxy that would make an ET want to visit?"

Very simple. The very same thing that drives us to leave Earth and peer into the vastness of space. The hopes of discovering our origins, where life began, how we got here, the why of it all. Where are we going from here? What is our purpose?

Forgive my pun, but wouldn't this be a universal quest among any and all species? Especially ones that realized that space is entirely too vast to consider for a moment in all that wasted territory, we could not be alone?

It was once said that anything the mind can imagine can at some time become a fact.

We have grown exponentially firstly, in the past 70 years, but even moreso in the past 40, than at any other time in human history. For thousands of years, we plugged along, barely eeking out an existance, to building better buildings, then inventing cars, then computers.

Just look at the rapid evolution alone of cellphones in the past 3-4 years. Nanotech, hard drives with once only imaginable storage, or storage that took 5 story buildings to house.

If we continue to evolve at the exponential pace we have acheived, the unimaginable will become imaginable, and then doable, before some people have the chance to grasp the technology. I think we are on the precipice of this, now.

To assert that life 100,000 years ahead if us would have no interest in us would be niave on so many levels, but most assuredly, if for nothing more than a window to peer into to watch our evolution, our self discoveries, and to which means we use them.

To interfere on any scale? Perhaps they already have. Or plan to in the future. Perhaps they just watch. One thing for certain though, is those age old questions likely haunt all species regardless of origin.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Perhaps they just watch.

One thing for certain though, is those age old questions likely haunt all species regardless of origin.

It'd be a spectacularly eerie experience if we ever made 'First Contact' and discovered that they also had unexplained UFO phenomena 'back home.'
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Maybe it's the UFO fraud i'm tired of....the crappy videos of Chinese lanterns, Greer, Thirdphaseofmoon etc..who knows..

It's soul destroying trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.....and as far as i can see it's 99.9% chaff..so sad

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Agreed OP, UFOs are just that, unidentified flying objects. I believe 100% of all UFOs are natural phenomenon, aircraft / secret technology, and hoaxes / mistaken identity.

Only thing that throws me off is the video from the fast objects / lights that flew offer the White House in 1955 I believe. They have videos of it, pretty weird.
edit on 19-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Perhaps they just watch.

One thing for certain though, is those age old questions likely haunt all species regardless of origin.

It'd be a spectacularly eerie experience if we ever made 'First Contact' and discovered that they also had unexplained UFO phenomena 'back home.'

That would be incredible, wouldn't it? And considering the age of galaxies that Hubble continues to unveil, totally within the realm of reasonable consideration in my opinion.

What a wonderful, mind numbing thought!

extra DIV

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
...and I was only saying this myself 2 days ago to a good friend

I think, if there was ANY truth to UFO's aliens and the like, we would know more. Its pretty obvious really.

I've gone full circle on this now. I started a site, populated it, investigated the stories. My stance was a believer, but with each story I found myself unconvincing myself each time. I hoped and believed something would happen, anything, in 2012. Nothing did. I quietly closed the site and backed away slowly.

There will always be eager believers. They will churn through the mountains of evidence on the internet, forever reposting their "finds" on ATS. forever arguing and fighting over things they know nothing about, regurgitating a line of text that they read under a youtube video, or quoting some charlatan like Greer or Wilcock as if following a cult religion. 10 years later, they'll fall off the rollercoaster, battered and bruised mentally with nothing to show for it.

I know people will hate this post. But i've been through the whole UFO machine and i've come out of the other side with nothing that convinces me to their existence. I have however learned a stupid amount of things. none of which are alien related:

1. Humans can convince themselves that something is real. This is a very easy thing to do, especially if things in your life are not what you'd ideally want them to be. A human can throw common sense out of the window and over-look plain straight fact in order to perpetuate their own mind-nirvana

2. Humans like to lie. If someone feels a bit low, they will use a youtube channel to spread sensationalist information and fakery just to increase their worth. The more likes, the more comments, good or bad and they feel better

3. Even when presented with flat out 100% fact evidence, humans will ignore this and carry on with their theory, presumably for the reasons mentioned above. See case in point, Ancient Aliens, Von Danniken and Sitchin. All liars who bend truth and ignore evidence to make their story more compelling

4. There is no hidden alien agenda. There will be no disclosure. It's just not going to happen, is it?

5. In the universe, a human is not even in the slightest bit important. Any importance we have assumed is purely self generated and perpetuated by humans

I could go on, but it's pointless. All I can say is, UFO theory is compelling, it's a fun ride. At the end of it though, you are left with nothing but heart wrenching disappointment. I don't think that'll change in the next 20 years. Infact, i'm willing to bet money on it.

Note: There are still some events that I hold out hope for, The rendlesham incident and the phoenix lights. The rendlesham case becomes less convincing as time goes on... this is all i'm left with, along with despair for a large portion of the human race, specifically due to their inability to apply common sense. I don't want to enter into a debate about it. I've posted other replies on ATS over the years which provide a good account of my frustration and despair. There is nothing else anyone can say that can sway me back now.

One particular thing i noticed recently: The Russian Meteorite.. look how many videos surfaced from multiple sources. There was no warning, yet we have many many good quality videos. Now, lets look at EVERY ufo video, why are they never seen by the masses? there is simply no evidence. In any other walk of life, the UFO theory would be cast aside as baseless. So there must be something else driving it.... depression and despair for the regime we live our daily lives in. We CAN do something about that, yet people sit there doing nothing and waiting for a spaceship to arrive and save the day. NO. just NO

I turn 40 in less than a week. I plan on enjoying things on face value rather than spending the rest of my days looking for something that isn't there. What's the point in that?

edit on 19-2-2013 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Maybe it's the UFO fraud i'm tired of....the crappy videos of Chinese lanterns, Greer, Thirdphaseofmoon etc..who knows..

It's soul destroying trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.....and as far as i can see it's 99.9% chaff..so sad

Now THIS, I can agree with. Just keep in mind my above post. In the end, what matters is your relation to what you experience. Sometimes, coming to bear with the reality you may never know for certain. As someone else stated, it takes a certain amount of faith, as well.

If you can logic it out that it is a possibility, and/or have had an experience, what is proof really going to do for you? It is something you already know.

Are you really just angry that you can't have the answers you want? Something akin to a tantrum? I think that could be part if it too. Afterall, you admit to looking for a long time.

Instead, try looking within, I think you know more answers than you want to admit to.

By the same token, hoaxers and fakers give a bad name, and just accept it comes with the territory. Getting angry about it is wasted energy, and not going to accomplish anything more than a venting. Of course a venting is ok, too.

Whatever you decide, like I said, it will be what you need to move on. Either way, good luck in finding some peace of mind and soul. It's hard feeling weary.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
You aren't paying attention.

Do some real soul work and look up. But you have to do the work, that is why everyone is here after all.

THIS IS WORTH A THOUSAND STARS.!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Like "The Krell", defeated by their own intelligence and fears. Beware the ID.

All we have left, are their machines and music.

www.youtube.com...

Is this mans fate? Shall the UFOs save us, from US.??

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Some wise words here.....thank you all for you thoughts and feelings in this thread....I haven't given up hope on the UFO question, just stopped searching for the Answers....it's taking up to much of my time and as you know, our time is waaaaay to short on this planet..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

seeing is believing, i have seen military ufos, real weird ones, have seen interdimensional beings, those are weird too,, if someone spoke to me about them before i saw them,, i would consider that person insane,,
but alas, here i am, making my claims,, we all experience reality differently,,
thumbs up, for getting your personal evidence someday

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Seriously though, having looked for evidence of UFO's for some considerable time, and i'm not just talking about me, i'm talking millions of people from around the globe....what do we really have as evidence????
.....WORDS!!...
That's it...Words...testimony from the lips of Human beings, pilots, ship captains police officers, military pesonnel and the general public...all very capable of being fooled, all very capable of lying, all very capable of being coerced into saying whatever their masters tell them...are more importantly, all very capable of being pig headed and scared to look stupid be retracting a statement made in error.

Not one picture of any quality has to my mind ever been published..... all can be faked very easily.

Not one Video of any decent quality has ever been published. considering the technology we have nowadays...... all can be faked very easily.

So i can honestly say, my opinion is...i think we are alone now, and always have been and probably always will be...
So like 80's pop Goddess Tiffany....I've had my 15 minutes of fame, i've reached for the stars and failed miserably...so my interest in Ufology is finished...

As you won't take for evidence words, pictures or video then exactly what was it you were looking for ?

And, assuming you did find some of the above, what words, pictures and videos persuaded you that what you found was fake ?

Ultimately of course and as in any theoretical area where absolute proof is not available you would have made a subjective judgement call to reach your conclusion.

I and perhaps others would disagree in that conclusion but if your interest is finished I can say with certainty that it wasn't that great to start with.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos

However, I do agree with you that UFO's are most certainly not aliens. It is most likely some natural, atmospheric, or even psychological phenomena. If not that, it is probably something we will never have the capacity to comprehend, sadly. But I can say with almost absolute certainty that aliens aren't coming here, because the laws of physics, which are set in stone, tells us that it is practically impossible for any alien civilization, no matter how advanced they are, to escape from their solar system let alone casually venturing out to spy on the more primitive species.

When mankind has already sent a physical machine outside of it's own solar system then I would say that with almost absolute certainty if sentient life exists elsewhere in the universe it has probably passed the point where it is capable of doing that, and given a few million years more development perhaps even of manning it.

Please remember the distinction between personal opinion and fact.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

You said, " What would make Earth
stand out from the other potential millions of similar planets in
the galaxy that would make an ET want to visit?"

Very simple. The very same thing that drives us to leave Earth and peer into the vastness of space. The hopes of discovering our origins, where life began, how we got here, the why of it all. Where are we going from here? What is our purpose? ...

...To assert that life 100,000 years ahead if us would have no interest in us would be niave on so many levels, but most assuredly, if for nothing more than a window to peer into to watch our evolution, our self discoveries, and to which means we use them...

My point is that they would need to notice us first.

If they detect us via our radio transmissions, they would need to be within 100 light years of us, which is a very, very tiny portion of the galaxy. I'll post this picture again of how far our radio transmissions have reached into space in the 100 years humans have been transmitting meaningful radio waves, because it is profound:

The tiny blue dot represents the extent our radio transmissions have traveled relative to our galaxy:

Image Source

They would need to already live on our doorstep to notice us via our radio.

As ATS member and moderator 'Kandinsky' pointed out in this thread, an alien race living a few thousand light years away may be able to detect that intelligent life exists on Earth by spectral analysis of our atmosphere showing carbon emissions from industry (and even our fires and crude industry from a few thousand years ago).

However, your argument is that an ET would visit us because ET may think our sense of discovery and sense of wonder are something special. Even if we stipulate for a moment that ETs would feel humans were special, they would not be able to know of our special sense of wonder just by spectral analysis of our atmosphere from light years away.....

.....Therefore, again, we are back to them taking notice of us only by our radio transmissions -- and those transmissions have barely went anywhere in 100 years. Aliens may have not even had the opportunity to get to know to think we are special.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

And, this is of course assuming that radio signals are the only way they should notice us.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma

And, this is of course assuming that radio signals are the only way they should notice us.

Or light.

I mentioned spectral analysis of our atmosphere in my post, not just radio.

However, in the specific case that "Libertygal" mentioned -- i.e., that ETs may take notice of the Earth among the other 100s of billions of planets in the galaxy because she thinks our "specialness" may make them take notice. However, I'm not sure how they would know we were special (assuming that we are special. I don't think we are, personally) just from analyzing the spectrogram of our atmosphere.

We are getting far afield of what my original point was -- and that is that intelligent ETs may exist out there, but we may still virtually be "alone" due to the vastness of space, and the very fact that Human civilization is not that easy to notice.

My original analogy was a person on a deserted island. There may be other people out beyond the shores of that tiny island, but little chance that those people would happen upon that island, or know that someone lived there.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder

Seriously though, having looked for evidence of UFO's for some considerable time, and i'm not just talking about me, i'm talking millions of people from around the globe....what do we really have as evidence????
.....WORDS!!...
That's it...Words...testimony from the lips of Human beings, pilots, ship captains police officers, military pesonnel and the general public...all very capable of being fooled, all very capable of lying, all very capable of being coerced into saying whatever their masters tell them...are more importantly, all very capable of being pig headed and scared to look stupid be retracting a statement made in error.

Not one picture of any quality has to my mind ever been published..... all can be faked very easily.

Not one Video of any decent quality has ever been published. considering the technology we have nowadays...... all can be faked very easily.

So i can honestly say, my opinion is...i think we are alone now, and always have been and probably always will be...
So like 80's pop Goddess Tiffany....I've had my 15 minutes of fame, i've reached for the stars and failed miserably...so my interest in Ufology is finished...

As you won't take for evidence words, pictures or video then exactly what was it you were looking for ?

And, assuming you did find some of the above, what words, pictures and videos persuaded you that what you found was fake ?

Ultimately of course and as in any theoretical area where absolute proof is not available you would have made a subjective judgement call to reach your conclusion.

I and perhaps others would disagree in that conclusion but if your interest is finished I can say with certainty that it wasn't that great to start with.

I';m not attacking anyones beliefs here, i'm just saying my search is over because i'm tired of the fakes and the lack of evidence...I'm worn out man.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

you must pursue your goals personally, i mean if you want to,, look more in the skies, instead of your feet,, who knows, you may catch a glimpse of a drone, or maybe even a real alien?
you are the one, on this expedition, we call life....
cheers, man..
ps, my avatar is probably the pest "pic" of a "real alien",,,

edit on 19-2-2013 by solve because: oopsie daisy

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join