It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane circling my city

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yeah its probably one of those new super-drones they have been testing that only target ATS members.

Either that or it could be that it’s just a new regular flight out of the local airport and is in no way spectacular.

Yup think that’s going to be my guess, it’s just a plane you have never noticed before that uses that flight path at about the same time most (or every) nights.

Good luck to you and your girlfriend on your UFO and Drone spotting adventures.

edit on 22-2-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

Typical response by a person who does not think very deeply into what they are saying.

Please give me an example of ONE commercial airplane that has about 10 strobing lights on its underside AND circles a major downtown city multiple times every night for a week.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
OP, How have you verified that what you are seeing each night is in fact the same aircraft?

For all your years living in the city you say you have not witnessed this, did you observe the same are of the sky every night to be able say this with any authority?

I'm not saying anything with authority. I'm just saying what I saw, if you don't believe me then that's totally fine. I'm not here to convince anyone.

I'm here because I'm hoping that other people recognize the plane that I'm describing.

We take our dog out for a walk every night, we live downtown in the 4th largest city in the US, we see planes flying overhead every single night. If a plane stands out as bizarre from the others, then perhaps it actually does look bizarre.

The fact that it looks bizarre, with rows of irregular rapidly strobing lights, is the whole reason that I started watching it in the first place, otherwise I would've never noticed that it circles the city multiple times every night.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

I'm not saying anything with authority. I'm just saying what I saw, if you don't believe me then that's totally fine. I'm not here to convince anyone.

Your whole OP was insinuating that it was the same plane, who cares what I believe or not, the question still stands,

How were you able to determine it was the same plane if you haven't identified it?

seriously think about it

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
Your whole OP was insinuating that it was the same plane, who cares what I believe or not, the question still stands,

How were you able to determine it was the same plane if you haven't identified it?

seriously think about it

Deductive reasoning.

If you saw a car drive by at a certain time of day, in a certain area of town, with flames painted on the side - and then the next day at the same time you saw a car of the same make/model with flames driving by in the same area of town, then by deductive reasoning these characteristics are unique enough that these 2 vehicles are most likely the same car.

The plane had very unique lights. Unique enough that myself and my gf, who see planes every single day, took notice. It also circles the city at a particular time of night. Unique behavior.

Same unique behavior, same unique appearance. Deductive reasoning, same plane.

Even if it's a bunch of different planes, that's really just as bizarre. A bunch of planes with odd lighting that are circling the city every night?

BTW - UPDATE - I have seen a drone plane UP CLOSE in my city. It was about 100 feet up and quite large. It had straight wings. I was by myself in my car, but I was so shocked that I shouted out "a f*cking drone!"

It literally flew above my car.
edit on 8-5-2013 by BrandonD because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2013 by BrandonD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If you live near the Atlantic seaboard, it is most likely a tanker or AWACS. Since 9/11 east coast bases have been flying CAP (combat air patrol) missions as an air defense posture. The AWACS and tankers that fly in support of those missions involve those very large aircraft to circle an area for hours. Tanker tracts is the technical term for the odd flying that you have seen. My best guess, but I do know a bit of what I am talking about.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
OH NOEZ! the drones are coming ! Sorry ignore my reply ... Although OP if you have a smartphone or access to a PC/laptop you can find plane tracker sites/apps. These apps will tell you what aircraft it is, who it flys for, the heading and height of the air craft and what route it has been on.

If you can't find it on the tracker then it narrows it down to a private aircraft or military.. Or a dreaded drone that seems to be turning everyone into paranoid loons

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by drockEst1983
reply to post by drockEst1983

en.zimagez.com...

here is the correct link to the picture that i was hoping to get some input on; three aircraft in some sort of maneuvers or formation. i don't think any commercial airliners would be flying like this...maybe someone can identify military aircraft?

From what I can tell from your pic it's 3 C-17s globemasters. Short and dumpy with a t shape tail plane.
One of my favourite aircraft

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Not near atlantic, but near gulf of mexico

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I know this is an old thread but I think it needs to be re published, I live rural eastern oklahoma and last night about this time I noticed what I thought was a ufo, it was a little brighter than the stars and moving in circles at very high altitude. I laid back to immobilize my head to make sure it wasn't me moving, and then I noticed that there were several of them doing the same thing in different parts of the sky, and they are back tonight over new areas. They stand out anyone with 20/20 can see this.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Please take a look at my footage and tell me if it's similar to what you saw.
trutube.tv...
edit on 24-11-2013 by 555999888 because: footage spelled wrong

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BrandonD

It's been over a year since you posted this thread, however I searched for this topic because I myself have seen the exact same thing of which you've described. It happens between the hours of 8pm and 11pm.. a silent plane in the shape of a (triangle?) with lights.. circling around, and around, and around the vicinity of the entire city where I live. I've seen it several times now, and wonder if anyone else has observed this going on. On casual glance it just looks like a plane flying through the sky. But as I was driving home that first night I noticed it about a month ago, for some reason I was watching it carefully, and that's when I noticed the pattern. Would love to know if this is a standard thing, or something else entirely.

edit on 22-10-2014 by timelooped because: I have more to add on the topic!

edit on 22-10-2014 by timelooped because: Making a correction. Sorry I'm a perfectionist.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hey Brandon,

Someone I know in Pennsylvania mentioned this same thing to me. We read your post for confirmation. Now the Huff Post has produced an article on this. Yep, you were right! It is a mass surveillance program. Pretty crazy. It used to be that if you thought someone was watching you then you were probably crazy. Now you're just right

Don't worry, it's for your own protection

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The FBI is operating a small air force with scores of low-flying planes across the U.S. carrying video and, at times, cellphone surveillance technology -- all hidden behind fictitious companies that are fronts for the government, The Associated Press has learned.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sfast1

There's an active, more recent thread about this too.

Creepy Mysterious Aircraft Are Flying Over American Cities. FYI.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join