It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Spirit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hello, I don't post here much and I'm frankly not very good at writing english. I guess this thread could be put in other subforums.
On to it>> Has the holy spirit been proven by science?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Seriously?

Or did you happen to have some "holy spirit" in a bottle last night? Because, there is no possible scientific proof for that "phenomenon", as I would call it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
Seriously?

Or did you happen to have some "holy spirit" in a bottle last night? Because, there is no possible scientific proof for that "phenomenon", as I would call it.

Point made, the spirits in the bottle are unclean.
To answer your question, why not? Alcohol can split the personality, but so can anything. Go drink dozens of gallons of pure spring water and see if you can last forever. Not hostile, I mean, too much of anything is deadly, right?
edit on 18-2-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The answer to the question: No.

The issue can be considered closed.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
religion and science are polar opposites, both contadict each other - if one prooves another it shows one is lesser

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

An excellent question, one which 'Science' is incapable of proving or disproving. Science is like that. But I am curious, what do you think? Have you ever experienced it yourself? I will say for myself, yes, it does exist. And 'Science' can go pack sand !

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

The Holy Spirit hasn't been proven by science yet. We proved telepathy and I've actually done it with a friend before. It's something you have to search for. People think it's some "nonsense" but that's because they never cared for who God is and never searched for him. Jeremiah 29 11-14

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

That statement is just rediculus on so many levels.
I don't know if a god exists and I don't care. It's irrelevant

But if there was a "holy spirit" do you think it would want us to just continue on in ignorance? Burning witches at the stake? Or don't you think it makes sense to actually learn how things work, so we can make informed decisions?

Pound sand indeed

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
The answer to the question: No.

The issue can be considered closed.

Agree the issue is close 100% sealed
Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Where did you hear that the holy spirit wants you to burn witches? Murder is a sin. The holy spirit is holy. It would want you to love the witches, but of course being human sometimes its hard to love everything. The holy spirit is a teacher and it is very possible to have the holy spirit and see how things work.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
religion and science are polar opposites, both contadict each other - if one prooves another it shows one is lesser

Ah the old duality arguement..
Well, I suggest you check out what einstein is "quoted" as saying about light vs dark. He was truly a unique man that reached all spectrums of life

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

My wife is a Witch. She was born that way. She is a high priestess, she is a nurse, she's totalyy fab! and she CAN do majic! So, what you suggest I burn her? That's kind of violent don't you think?
Why do you hate so much? If you ask a scientist if he can prove the existence of ANYTHING, then he'll tell you that's science. If they can't, then they'll tell you 'they are working on it'. Any other answer is just sheer arrogance, presumably, something you have a HUGE abundance of! Thank you for your piercing comments

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
reply to post by Leuan

An excellent question, one which 'Science' is incapable of proving or disproving. Science is like that. But I am curious, what do you think? Have you ever experienced it yourself? I will say for myself, yes, it does exist. And 'Science' can go pack sand !

I don't know if I have experienced the holy spirit or not because ultimately, we cannot prove what comes after life on earth.
Looking at the baptism ritual specifically, one could say it is trying to induce the coming of the holy spirit. It may or may not be a similar sensation.
For me, when I do something that stretches the limits of my abilities, i am moving in the right direction.
I originally wanted to put this in the philosophy form but it ended up here.
Take it easy

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

I went to Catholic school for 8 years, I was recruited to join the priesthood. I am a Pagan now, I think faith is good. I think aethism is good. I just don't like it when people talk about 'burning witches', like, truly enlightened people, faithful or atheist would even do that! Anyway, your the one that brought it up, so, I just wanted to know how you felt about the 'holy spirit', and I guess I just don't understand what your question was in the end. Have a blessed day!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

But if there was a "holy spirit" do you think it would want us to just continue on in ignorance? Burning witches at the stake? Or don't you think it makes sense to actually learn how things work, so we can make informed decisions?

Pound sand indeed

Funny that you and your follower use the witch burnings as collateral when it's clearly stated otherwise in the book of life, that true men of The Father do NOT murder or judge or condemn. This presents a loophole for the sons of perdition, and with his will, you fall upon the sword and end the prospects of eternal life.. You have fell for a deception, just like the romans who cheered in the colloseum. Read the chapters of the bible to pertaining to the romans, front to back and you will see why america is crumbling. You are american right?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
reply to post by Leuan

I went to Catholic school for 8 years, I was recruited to join the priesthood. I am a Pagan now, I think faith is good. I think aethism is good. I just don't like it when people talk about 'burning witches', like, truly enlightened people, faithful or atheist would even do that! Anyway, your the one that brought it up, so, I just wanted to know how you felt about the 'holy spirit', and I guess I just don't understand what your question was in the end. Have a blessed day!

Just more deflection from one without, that's what we ultimately read from your post. The sons of God don't burn people at the stake. You are talking about political strife, not religious strife.
I think you and your fellows are bringing more people into the arms of the Father than not, by passing off blatent lies as truth. In that regard, I thank you

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Pound sand indeed

The religious people always punishes the people who know the holy spirit. If you do not listen to bullying priests and is small minded like the group then you are the bad side. Typical dualistic behaviour.

The majority have thru the ages been the small minded ones who believe what they want and always punishes people who tell them truths they do not wanna hear or are capable of handling yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Pound sand indeed

The religious people always punishes the people who know the holy spirit. If you do not listen to bullying priests and is small minded like the group then you are the bad side. Typical dualistic behaviour.

The majority have thru the ages been the small minded ones who believe what they want and always punishes people who tell them truths they do not wanna hear or are capable of handling yet.

The core of the new testament has systematically dismantled many religions and many walls put up by false religions, all through 1 mans' life and brutal murder, the Christ.

Lets face it, Christ was the first hero of the people, that we know of with certainty, by his word, by his fulfillment of the word, and by purity. The first celebrity, I'm sure it will resonate! Even his mortal enermies came back to fight his legacy with obvious lies

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Science is manmade.. God too, why not the Holy spirit

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

If the holy spirit is considered to be consciousness and in particular infinite intelligent God-consciousness, while it may be said that the jury (of consensus) is still out, data from modern science is coming in which suggests in no uncertain terms, that consciousness, and not matter, is primary whereby matter is an epiphenomenon of consciousness and not the other way around.

The holy spirit would then be considered the first/last cause in the downward causation of a tangled hierarchy, with the human being, situated as it were atop a mountain of cosmic evolution, standing next to the very Godhead and thus made with intent by infinite intelligence (from the moment of creation as a first/last cause) to actually contain the holy spirit in fullness and without measure (bas a non-local phenomenon). I.e.: Everything that was made was made by the father for the son because of love (the reason). "...love them, as you loved me from before the foundation of the world." (Jesus, from the Garden of Gethsemane, while under pressure).

The following video segments from an interview with Quantum Physicist (and activist) Amit Goswami, explains the new paradigm in general terms.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

If so, then the amount of ignorance many if not all of us have fallen under, is utterly astounding.

"God is spirit and truth."
~ Jesus, to the woman at the well.

All ye sceptics put that in your pipe and smoke it!

The question posed in the OP is valid and not off base in the least.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 19-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join