It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Animated Avatar is Annoying!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

OK I found it...Slayer69's original post...It took a while...he has 10's of thousands of threads on ATS!

An Outstanding member!

Here it is:
WE ARE ATS BY- SLAYER69

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And A second ATS avatar vid by Slayer69

Wow!
Slayer made another one!
And it is IMHO better than the first!!
This was the first time I have seen it.
This was made in july, 2012 and is linked HERE
Awesome! Epic Indeed!
The next skate ....will be an all skate

edit on 19-2-2013 by Zeptepi because: To Add another Awesome Slayer69 vid
edit on 19-2-2013 by Zeptepi because: Dance music
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.
Friedrich Nietzsche

I like them. Make me laugh and I will stay, make me sad and i will wander off in search of someone i can laugh with.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Izak4K

What you should do is hold down the "ctrl" key on your key board while scrolling until you cant see their avatar anymore and its no longer distracting

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Izak4K

I want to see avatars, they tell a bit about the person, but animated are killing me.

I agree!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The little bugger inside me wants to animate my avatar. This guy must ADHD or something

Some of the avatars are cool. I can watch Captain Picard punch out Darth Vader all day.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Izak4K

Banned huh? Maybe you should be banned!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Animated avatars dont bother me. That could be due to me having raised children to adulthood, having 2 teens at once, and one 7 yr old. I have perfected the art of ignoring things I dont want to see.
Seriously though, there re only a few avatar animations that are annoying beyond belief and I think they are that way by design.

I part own and sometimes mod a board ( NOT the same subject matter as ATS) and there is this guy.... when I see his avatar it just makes me back out of the thread. He made it from THIS guy.. and his 666 stamp. Im not posting the avatar here in the event some ATS joker wants to use it... then I have to see it here too. Im not making it overly easy...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I couldn't care one way or the other. If ATS allows them then it should be okay. If they bother you that bad then just ignore them...

Personally I find them funny. Everyone's sense of humor is different I guess.

Cheers!

-SAP-

edit on 19-2-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

edit on 19-2-2013 by Snaffers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

2nd

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think OP should be banned because I dislike his username.

Seriously, I feel totally justified in this illogical complaint.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Must say, they don't bother me either way. I don't have an avatar because I simply never thought that much about it, I wouldn't know how to make one or what it would depict. I also think it's yet another clue to who I am, given some of the things I've posted, coupled with say, the cover of my favourite book or whatever...I think it in some way may detract from my anonymity, which iI kind of enjoy..

Animated ones never bothered me in the slightest.

I only responded to this thread because the OP said you don't deserve an animated avatar, which I thought was quite funny.

Whether or not you like them, that's a strange statement to make...why doesn't anyone deserve an animated avatar?

ETA - just thought I'd compliment intelligenthoodlum33 on his/her avatar, actually made me laugh out loud - I love it.
edit on 19-2-2013 by samerulesapply because: Additional

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You have been here for 4 months and are telling everyone to give up their avatars? Well, sir, there have been avatars here on ATS long before you ever became a member! Don’t like it? Please feel free to go else ware…!

Edit: If mordecai or rigby were here to give you any advice, I think they would tell you to take your thread and put it............ iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
yyyyyoooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

edit on 19-2-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I like animated avatars just be happy we can't embed sound,yet!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

Must say, they don't bother me either way. I don't have an avatar because I simply never thought that much about it, I wouldn't know how to make one or what it would depict. I also think it's yet another clue to who I am, given some of the things I've posted, coupled with say, the cover of my favourite book or whatever...I think it in some way may detract from my anonymity, which iI kind of enjoy..

Just in case you might be interested later on down the road, always feel free to check out
the BTS : Avatar Creations thread. If there is something that you have in mind, just ask one of them & they'll be glad to help you......
They might can even fix you up with an animated one if you so desire!!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Yours is nice - did you draw the pic with pen and make the gift yourself?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hey at least you know how to get a dang avatar!

I still haven't decided what mine is going to be.

Gosh, I am having so much fun posting here on ATS. It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be after all these years.

I also need to get my post count up so I can post my "Zelda Conspiracy" thread. But, I'm not doing it on purpose! Holy geez I love posting! Hah. Been too long on silent mode.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
My fav animated someone has here is the three cats 'walking like an egyptian' in front of pyramids. So I can't be a hater. Ahaha!

I'm still waiting for someone to animate Tsokolos's hair from 'Ancient Aliens'.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
i think mine is neat if it bothers you well log out and you wont see them

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join