It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Animated Avatar is Annoying!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

But an animated spider would be so cuuuuute!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i like most of them especially the elephant one there is only one avatar that gets me with the flashing around people with no avatars bug me boring take 10 minutes to learn

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Spacespider

But an animated spider would be so cuuuuute!

Betcha a dime on a dollar...he's already snitched it off your post.....

Good One Little....

Des

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

How'd you do that

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Use the quote option and see.

ETA... I suck at recognizing sarcasm.

edit on 2/18/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Moan whinge whine Moan

Pow! Check out my string of people holding hands!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
annoyance comes from within. annoyance at an object is just you failing to deal with it properly

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Wow, what an amazing thread you've started. Complaining about animated avatars!!! I think I'll start a thread entitled " Maybe we should ban members that want to ban other members for ridiculous reasons".

Just because something doesn't appeal to you it should be banned or banished? Get over yourself. What a joke!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Wait.... you're not Darryl Dixon? Well, that's disappointing, Heff.

Seriously though, all this thread made me want to do is get an animated avatar, and I just changed to this one...

Anybody wanna help me out?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

This is one of those things that once someone elaborates on why it is painful or annoying to visually see animated avatars i have to slap myself on the hand for joking around about someone making a big deal about it.

For you see, i am colorblind to a degree where i have trouble distinguishing between certain shades of color. Most people that I tell about this don't understand and will spend a great deal of time "testing" me to see and try to comprehend what i mean by colorblind. Quite a few people actually think I can only see in black and white, and my whole existence is void of beauty. We all know that is not the case, or should.

I am now sympathetic to the OP's disposition, and am formally apologizing for my rude attempts at humor at his behest.

Still, just turn them off and be done with it. They are rather catchy! I certainly don't get caught up in an angry outlashing everytime I realize I will never know the difference between royal blue, and regular old blue.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

For a very long time people were angry at me because I stopped using avatars that all included this guy:

I also got heat for dropping this one:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
im going to try and get an animated avatar just to piss this guy off.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Sure, let's BAN everything! I mean EVERYTHING. BAN, BAN...BAN!

Let's go on a BANNING spree! I think we should BAN fun altogether (I'm sure we can find something Politically Incorrect about it).

I think everyone should have to spend their entire life inside a neutral toned, hermetically sealed, politically correct (and government furnished) 72 degree room with absolutely zero outside stimulus. Each day they should be given their government alloted and provided ration of genetically engineered salt free tofu, and just have to sit there, no music, no computer, no laughter...just silence.

Anthing outside of the above...should be BANNED!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by Izak4K

Easier solution: Just hit escape on your keyboard before you start reading the page. It stalls all the moving avatars but leaves the image on the page.

Works for me every time.

And we have a '***WINNER***

Thank you Friend, this is the best of all possible solutions.
I'll also have to agree with the OP, there are some particular moving Avitars that are quite distracting while reading. Glad to have learned this new (to me) trick..........bravo..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Actually escape is the equivalent of page stop, so if your page is half loaded, it will also cancel anything not already complete. With faster internet though, it's not usually a problem.

There was a post a few pages back about how to actually disable animations full stop in internet explorer and the like. Never knew that one, have filed it away for future reference.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This is a classic! Made by Slayer.
If you think animated avatars are annoying....
This awesome vid animates the animated!
Just check this out....it is Cool
WE ARE ATS

edit on 19-2-2013 by Zeptepi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

THAT is EPIC!! Please do provide a link back to the thread where that was posted! I had not seen that one before and it is fantastic! Who did that?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

A Member Slayer69696969 made it a few years ago.
I tried to find the post where he put it. Could not find it.
The ATS search engine is clunky. So Ijust did a search on You tube under
"We Are ATS" bam...there it was.
I hope someone else has better luck finding the thread here.
Epic is a fact! I hope he makes an updated one soon.
P.S. I am not sure how many 69' Slayer has in his name

But all the credit goes to him!!
edit on 19-2-2013 by Zeptepi because: pellin'

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Is there any member here who can make me an animated avatar plus signature, would be really grateful..thanks in advance...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Check out the avatar creations thread in my sig line.

I'm personally no good at animations, but there are a few in there that are masters at them.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join