It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody Deserves to be Treated Equally???????????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I came across this advertisement poster on the web today.

I can't believe the wording used, I am still amazed that this was given the go ahead....

Black or yellow or brown or normal, what does that mean???

Normal????

Is this a real equality poster??

Has anybody come across this as part of an advertising campaign where you live?

I am totally gobsmacked for such a poster to be on show in this day and age...

I would like to hear your thoughts regarding this poster, please.........

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

You came across this "on the web"? I really, really hope it's just a spoof then (still in poor taste though, as racism always is.) I don't think anybody could get away with something like this outside of the web...

No, not in the year 2013...

Please, no..
edit on 18-2-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

You came across this "on the web"? I really, really hope it's just a spoof then (still in poor taste though, as racism always is.) I don't think anybody could get away with something like this outside of the web.

Hi NarcolepticBuddha,

Yeah, I am a little confused by it also.......

I am just wondering whether it is meant to be taken tongue in cheek....

But even if it is meant to be tongue in cheek, the initial feelings that you get when you first read it is mixed with confusion and a horrible grating feeling of disgust....

I am still not sure whether I am missing something......

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
But even if it is meant to be tongue in cheek, the initial feelings that you get when you first read it is mixed with confusion and a horrible grating feeling of disgust....

I am still not sure whether I am missing something......

Nope, you're not missing anything! You should be feeling confusion and disgust at overtly racist jokes.

Some may claim they're harmless and in good fun. But there is nothing funny about perpetuating the myths that fester into racism.

I seriously don't understand what people are defending when they try to uphold racism...oh wait, yes I do. They're trying to uphold an archaic ideology that humiliates, dehumanizes, and exploits others.

p.s.--it's probably meant to be an ironic joke; wherein it states everybody should be treated equally, but then singles out one group/ethnicity as normal, suggesting that the others are inferior.

I don't find it funny..

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

By the way...the only reason I opened this thread was because I thought it was a rant to uphold more racist ideologies. I was prepared to do some armchair warring against your thread title

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I think it's a little too cerebral of a joke for most people to understand. I was a little upset at first at being considered not "normal" until I realized it's a joke. Unfortunately, a lot of "normal" people won't think it's a joke. Yeah, this should probably come down.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Oh, I was not lost to the irony of the joke--and that's my issue. That very excuse can be made to rationalize these bigoted stances. "You just don't understand the humor. Lighten up!"

I just don't think people should look at racist attitudes and say, "Gosh that's hilarious! There's nothing wrong with that at all!"

..but that's just me and my own little, futile hope for the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I agree with you. I just don't think enough people will get the point of the poster. This poster will probably do more harm than good.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yeah, because you know for sure a white man would actively drum up hatred for his race with such a message...
You have been duped. Probably again

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Irony poster or what

Notice how the black, brown and "yellow" kids are all there, its abvious they clearly mean the last white kid is the normal one because they didnt say white, they said normal. . . . Cant help but laugh really

Pefrect execution of Irony.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Such a laugh to try and picture normal in the first place, I mean really, what is that? To intimate that white is normal is beyond funny.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This was apparently part of a photoshop contest or something on Cracked.com.

Source

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This was apparently part of a photoshop contest or something on Cracked.com.

Source

Hi Benevolent Heretic,

Thank you for posting the link.....

When I was searching the web earlier and came across the poster concerned none of the other information was shown along with the poster......

So glad that it turned out to be a spoof poster and not the real thing....

Thanks again, much obliged to you........

new topics

top topics

join