It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If FOX Said This About Jews, Muslims, Or Christians, They'd Go Bankrupt.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
So, start a thread, and mix in a few attacks against Christianity with some posters on the first page and that makes it all better?

Fox is right, you people are barbarians.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Here let me explain it to you this way. Aslong as you are ranting and raving about what they say. As long as you know what they are saying. THEY will NEVER go away!

Remember Aleister Crowley's heinous claims in some of his books that made him the "Wickedest Man in the World"?

Remember Eminem's lyrics gay bashing and drug use?

Same principle it gains attention and attention good or bad in business is money. And or Immortality.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Ignorant Christians putting down another religion because it seems "silly" to them, meanwhile they are worshiping a 2000 year old rabbi as God incarnate and as his own son while symbolically drinking his blood (wine) and eating his flesh (bread). Now that, just sounds outright creepy to those not familiar with the religion. More crazy than appreciating nature which actually sounds NATURAL compared to this...

Appreciating nature is so "weird" and "silly", worshiping an ancient man as an almighty authority (God) is not in their eyes...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by XsweetNspiceyX
reply to post by Cuervo

Here let me explain it to you this way. Aslong as you are ranting and raving about what they say. As long as you know what they are saying. THEY will NEVER go away!

Remember Aleister Crowley's heinous claims in some of his books that made him the "Wickedest Man in the World"?

Remember Eminem's lyrics gay bashing and drug use?

Same principle it gains attention and attention good or bad in business is money. And or Immortality.

Those two examples are vastly different from one another. Crowley's case was perpetrated by the media who pulled a "FOX" and started blabbing about things they didn't understand, calling him the antiChrist and what not. That helped Crowley because people investigated and realized the media was wrong and that Thelema was not what mainstream thought claimed it to be.

Eminem's bigotry didn't help his sales at all. In fact, only him trying to make up for it by doing a duet with Sir Elton John actually gained any of his respect back. All it did was marginalize him even more so he lost many fans and gained even more ignorant ones. He is one of the reasons I think that it's somehow acceptable for jocks and kids with their pants around their knees to run around and say "fag" all the time and think it's totally cool.

In those two examples, FOX is Eminem and Wicca is Crowley. FOX will narrow their viewer base even more by this sort of crap and Wicca will benefit from people investigating only to see how misinformed FOX really is.

So no, pointing out how dumb FOX is about social issues and respect for others does not help FOX. It just places them closer to the drain with the other lunatics that are spiraling down into it. Personally, no conservative I talk to watches FOX so their viewership is relying more and more on extremely old and/or racist/bigoted people. For the sake of the conservatives of America, I hope a new media group steps up to represent them because FOX insinuates that all conservatives are as dumb and hateful as they are which I refuse to believe.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Cuervo

Ignorant Christians putting down another religion because it seems "silly" to them, meanwhile they are worshiping a 2000 year old rabbi as God incarnate and as his own son while symbolically drinking his blood (wine) and eating his flesh (bread). Now that, just sounds outright creepy to those not familiar with the religion. More crazy than appreciating nature which actually sounds NATURAL compared to this...

Appreciating nature is so "weird" and "silly", worshiping an ancient man as an almighty authority (God) is not in their eyes...

I feel that virtually all religious paths are valid so I don't normally go around saying what you just said to very many Christians. But when they start saying stuff like that about other religions... man, it's hard to bite my tongue sometimes. It's difficult for people to step back and objectively look at their own beliefs so they don't realize that their religion is every bit as silly as the ones they are mocking.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

No offense meant to Milli Vanilli fans, but even you guys must know how selective of a crowd you reside in.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: EDIT

With many of Milli Vanilli fans, it's "All or Nothing". If you're gonna "Dance With a Devil", you better at least "Blame It on the Rain".

"Girl, You Know It's True". Ooh ooh ooh oOOO-oooooh...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
Sigh! What are you going to do with Mundanes? In the context of what they're talking about, I can't see what point they're trying to make. So, they are going to add 'Pagan' holidays to they're school calendar. As Doctor Zoidberg would say 'Hoorwray'! When I walk through Veterans cemeteries, I see headstones with a Pentagram. It makes me feel good, not because these Vets have passed into the Summer Lands, but because, they were people of faith, pre-Christian faiths, who's holiday's are now mostly adopted as 'Christian' holidays. My wife is 'Wiccan', she's a high priestess. If she didn't say so, you'd probably never guess (Unless of course you spied some of here tatts!
. I went to Catholic school, for 8 yrs, and now I'm a Pagan. I know lots of Catholics, and they are friends, Know lots of Christians, same thing. Had a Muslim Son-in-law, no biggy. I am happy that people have faith. I have a hard time understanding Aethism, it's not a religion, but it is a leap of faith. My wife was born in a small farm village in Scotland. She never even went to a church until she ws about 10 yrs old, and that was in the US, were a 'Man of God' asked what she believed, she was told she'd burn in Hell. Her step-father told her that she probably would. Her Mom told her, don't pay attention to the man, he's daft. Leap of faith is probably the best any of us can do. But I think we also believe, that whats between our 'Creator' and ourselves, is all that really matters, and that all we're supposed to really do is be good to each other as best we can.

edit on 20/2/2013 by CarbonBase because: spelling, context

Beautifully said. It's amazing what sort of healthy perspective a person can have on spirituality when they are allowed to develop their own.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness123
So, start a thread, and mix in a few attacks against Christianity with some posters on the first page and that makes it all better?

Fox is right, you people are barbarians.

I went back to read the first page and don't see what you are talking about. I think people on this thread are being pretty generous towards Christianity. Perhaps that's because this thread isn't about Christianity. It's about FOX and their stupidity.

Barbarians? Would you really want to speak about persecution and barbaric behaviors between the Christian church and witchcraft? Really?! I think we've been pretty good not even bringing that up but if you want to talk about it, by all means, let me know.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Your opening post does. "I bet she celebrates the FOX Jesus."

What is your point? That Tammy Bruce an avowed skeptic must be a part of a group that you dislike because you find her opinion obnoxious? What sort of dumb-#ed-up logic is that?

Your first reply from DaTroof "I'm going to rub dirt on my forehead because a man-god was killed and came back from the dead."

Leuan points this out: Ithink you should examine why you fear Christians. It's actually not helping your material wedge to "dig".

Xaphan: "They don't say anything at all about Christianity, but they bash Paganism. The irony being that Christianity was actually derived from Paganism LOL."

You said, "FOX decided to put their bigot hats on once again and spend three minutes and twenty-two seconds berating a religion."

Isn't that what some of your posters are doing in this same thread? Why does that not irritate you? Are you more passionate about your cause or the right to free exercise of everyone's cause?

"This sort of public prejudice is inexcusable."

I agree, on a public forum of people on a site which has a motto of "deny ignorance" supposing they are somehow more enlightened or evolved than everyone else advocating an ignorant view of a religion they know little to nothing about, spreading the same religious hatred that then in this last post you intend to remind me that those in my faith had a habit of doing some 600 years ago?

Now on that subject

How do you feel about the Anabaptists who were killed at the hands of Calvinists or Catholics? Or Calvinists killing others, Catholics killing Protestants, everyone killing Unitarian Christians.

If you condemn the whole faith, you are condemning everyone who was involved in those killing, including the victims. The victims were mostly moral people who lived circumspectly, regarded highly the faith that they had come to adopt. They weren't murderers and they weren't criminals. They were people who were in the wrong time and place and got killed for what they believed. They were Christians. I know it might be politically correct to regard the persecutors as Christians today, and insofar as they were, their victims were even more so. Don't you see that when you slander this faith as a faith historically of murderers you are condemning all the innocent believers they had a hand in killing?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Your opening post does. "I bet she celebrates the FOX Jesus."

What is your point? That Tammy Bruce an avowed skeptic must be a part of a group that you dislike because you find her opinion obnoxious? What sort of dumb-#ed-up logic is that?

Nothing I said was derogatory towards Christians. Nothing. Saying "the FOX Jesus" is bashing FOX, not Christians. In fact, I use that sort of terminology to distance the typical Christian from FOX "news". Believe me, I know Christians are better than that.

Your first reply from DaTroof "I'm going to rub dirt on my forehead because a man-god was killed and came back from the dead."

Leuan points this out: Ithink you should examine why you fear Christians. It's actually not helping your material wedge to "dig".

Xaphan: "They don't say anything at all about Christianity, but they bash Paganism. The irony being that Christianity was actually derived from Paganism LOL."

You said, "FOX decided to put their bigot hats on once again and spend three minutes and twenty-two seconds berating a religion."

Isn't that what some of your posters are doing in this same thread? Why does that not irritate you? Are you more passionate about your cause or the right to free exercise of everyone's cause?

Pointing out intolerance and irony of said intolerance isn't intolerance in and of itself.

I agree, on a public forum of people on a site which has a motto of "deny ignorance" supposing they are somehow more enlightened or evolved than everyone else advocating an ignorant view of a religion they know little to nothing about, spreading the same religious hatred that then in this last post you intend to remind me that those in my faith had a habit of doing some 600 years ago?

Yes. Yes I would bring that up in response to you claiming "persicution from barbarians". Again, it was not even a subject I ever bring up but it's definitely not something a Christian should. Jeeze.

Now on that subject

How do you feel about the Anabaptists who were killed at the hands of Calvinists or Catholics? Or Calvinists killing others, Catholics killing Protestants, everyone killing Unitarian Christians.

I feel terrible about that. It seems you and I are both upset about Christians killing people of other faiths in large numbers. In fact, you should since it's how your Jesus died.

If you condemn the whole faith, you are condemning everyone who was involved in those killing, including the victims. The victims were mostly moral people who lived circumspectly, regarded highly the faith that they had come to adopt. They weren't murderers and they weren't criminals. They were people who were in the wrong time and place and got killed for what they believed. They were Christians. I know it might be politically correct to regard the persecutors as Christians today, and insofar as they were, their victims were even more so. Don't you see that when you slander this faith as a faith historically of murderers you are condemning all the innocent believers they had a hand in killing?

I condemned nobody. I look at Christians like I look at Germans. Germans didn't try to commit genocide, Nazis did. Just as typical Christians didn't go on hunts, killing and burning anybody they didn't agree with. Psychopaths who used Christianity did that. Believe me, I have respect for all paths. I literally have zero hate for any religion and find each and every one fascinating which is why I get a bit upset when a religious person who has beliefs that could be called no less silly than my own decides to bash another religion.

Your bible has a saying about that, actually. Matthew 7:5.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Nothing I said was derogatory towards Christians. Nothing. Saying "the FOX Jesus" is bashing FOX, not Christians. In fact, I use that sort of terminology to distance the typical Christian from FOX "news". Believe me, I know Christians are better than that.

Pointing out intolerance and irony of said intolerance isn't intolerance in and of itself.

Yes. Yes I would bring that up in response to you claiming "persicution from barbarians". Again, it was not even a subject I ever bring up but it's definitely not something a Christian should. Jeeze.

Now on that subject

I feel terrible about that. It seems you and I are both upset about Christians killing people of other faiths in large numbers. In fact, you should since it's how your Jesus died.

I condemned nobody. I look at Christians like I look at Germans. Germans didn't try to commit genocide, Nazis did. Just as typical Christians didn't go on hunts, killing and burning anybody they didn't agree with. Psychopaths who used Christianity did that. Believe me, I have respect for all paths. I literally have zero hate for any religion and find each and every one fascinating which is why I get a bit upset when a religious person who has beliefs that could be called no less silly than my own decides to bash another religion.

Your bible has a saying about that, actually. Matthew 7:5.

"Pointing out intolerance and irony of said intolerance isn't intolerance in and of itself. "

I'm pointing out that in your thread there are intolerant statements being made against Christianity. How is that tolerant, just because you say it's pointing out intolerance?

"It seems you and I are both upset about Christians killing people of other faiths in large numbers."

They weren't people of other faiths, they were Christians being killed by people who used the name Christian. Why do you keep attributing a faith to murderers who did not practice that faith? I think obviously it's a bias on your part.

"which is why I get a bit upset when a religious person who has beliefs that could be called no less silly than my own decides to bash another religion."

Tammy Bruce is non-religious. Why do you assume she must be a Christian in order to be a bigot against Wiccan? Come to think of it, if I were you I would think the same thing too. But it still seems like a bias you inwardly hold that you're not addressing.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness123

"It seems you and I are both upset about Christians killing people of other faiths in large numbers."

They weren't people of other faiths, they were Christians being killed by people who used the name Christian. Why do you keep attributing a faith to murderers who did not practice that faith? I think obviously it's a bias on your part.

If they call themselves Christians then that's what they are. Just because you don't agree with their interpretation doesn't mean that they aren't Christians. Maybe some Christians would say YOUR understanding is flawed and YOU aren't a true Christian. (If that's what you are).

Just because they are actually obey the evil and dark twistedness of the god of the bible, now you want to try to act like that dark aspect isn't REAL Christianity.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Witness123

If they call themselves Christians then that's what they are. Just because you don't agree with their interpretation doesn't mean that they aren't Christians. Maybe some Christians would say YOUR understanding is flawed and YOU aren't a true Christian. (If that's what you are).

Just because they are actually obey the evil and dark twistedness of the god of the bible, now you want to try to act like that dark aspect isn't REAL Christianity.

Despite what the Bible says, Christians choose to follow the will of Christ. He said several times to not murder and not to hate your brother. How is it that you can blame Christians when Christians were the ones being killed most often by these churches? How does that make sense to you?

Why do Anabaptists get a share in the blame when Anabaptists were getting killed left and right? When you say Christians were killing a bunch of people, you are including Anabaptists, Unitarian and Arminian Christians in all of that.

Why do you slander innocent people who were murder victims?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Let's get to a real chicken and egg question. I'm assuming that you here are people of good faith because I think you genuinely feel an allegiance to truth, or that truth which you hold to, and feel obligated to share your insights with others, hence you are here on a forum doing so. So then as people of good faith, I think I, for the sake of better understanding your views, could be helped in this if you would answer a question.

A "Christian" kills a "Christian".

Did a Christian kill someone or did a Christian get killed? One stipulation of this question is that one or neither of them are Christians. But the answer must detail a reason as to why you believe either the first or the second was a Christian. In other words, the answer would be either that the first was or the second was, but not both or neither.

And what does this accredit to faith? That Christianity inspires murder, or that it inspires non-violence?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Fox news doesn't exactly shed a good light on any religion, especially christianity or islam. In fact, they ratchet up tension between those two.
Who cares really? Welcome to the club.

Globalism baby! Alot of people cheer for equal distribution of destruction
edit on 23-2-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Bump, with reference to my question that I am hoping someone of a skeptical persuasion can answer. There are no tricks involved. It's just a simple question.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Bump, with reference to my question that I am hoping someone of a skeptical persuasion can answer. There are no tricks involved. It's just a simple question.

I don't know about anybody else but I didn't answer your question because I didn't think it was about the thread. It was about killing in the name of Christianity.

Your question:

A "Christian" kills a "Christian". Did a Christian kill someone or did a Christian get killed?

The answer is "neither". A person who calls himself a Christian killed somebody else who also calls himself a Christian.

It is as I said earlier in the thread. Not all Germans are Nazis. Not all Muslims are terrorists. Not all Christians are violent bigots. For that matter, like you said, not all "Christians" are even actually Christian. I don't think anybody disagrees with your point there as virtually every religion and social group has the same issue.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I don't know about anybody else but I didn't answer your question because I didn't think it was about the thread. It was about killing in the name of Christianity.

If you remember, you the threadstarter decided to introduce that into the thread.That wasn't me.

Your question:

A "Christian" kills a "Christian". Did a Christian kill someone or did a Christian get killed?

The answer is "neither". A person who calls himself a Christian killed somebody else who also calls himself a Christian.

Your answer does not really answer the question. If you had no other evidence by which to base an assessment off of which one would you suppose if the Christian in this matter? You must be put off by the question which is why you won't answer it. I said I thought you were a person of good faith, but by you refusing to answer this question shows me that you are biased and prejudiced against the Christian faith.

<< 1   >>

join