It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Fireball wont be last surprise attack...and more...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul
reply to post by RadicalRebel

You might be onto something.
The same news source - Space.com - reports now that United Nations Is Reviewing Asteroid Impact Threat.
By coincidence the talks were scheduled for the same time as the russian meteor impact has happened.
Coincidence?

edit on 19-2-2013 by jazzgul because: (no reason given)

"Coincidence"...

Just like sooo many times in the past a drill or a seminar mysteriously takes place on the very day such an incident occurs...
Like the link provided privided earlier ...

Originally posted by violet
The Lifeboat foundation with Existential Risk Programs for protecting Earth

Wouldnt it be interesting if we had another "event" during the timeframe for that seminar.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I dont think the orbital information for the object in russia is know, and at tbe very least hasnt been released, so how can you say that for certain... are you keeping secrets too?

Im not familiar with the specs for da14, does it still hold true with the revised data recently released increasing its mass (yes i know mass and size are different), im just asking.

No that is not true. The few links in this thread show tech for dealing with threats still in space as well as the links i posted in THIS THREAD
From which you claimed didnt exist, however i have shown evidence to the contrary by providing those likes and all you have provided is hearsay so if you have evidence to contradict mine, now would be a good time to play your hand.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I dont think the orbital information for the object in russia is know, and at tbe very least hasnt been released,
Then you haven't been paying attention.

Im not familiar with the specs for da14, does it still hold true with the revised data recently released increasing its mass
You know nothing about it yet you feel free to speculate? Yes. Much larger and more massive than the Russian meteor.

No that is not true. The few links in this thread show tech for dealing with threats still in space as well as the links i posted in THIS THREAD
What is not true? As I said in that thread, the only example of existant technology you provided is the Deep Impact probe. If you read and understood those articles you would see that. You would also see that the Deep Impact probe would be pretty useless in trying to do something to an asteroid. Neither the solar sail concepts or the t-GT spacecraft exist. There have been a couple of proof of concept (and very small) solar sails launched and NASA will be launching the largest one yet next year (38 meters) but even that one is far too small to do much to an asteroid, even one as small as DA14. All of the concepts require long periods of time (years) to be effective. The existence of DA14 has been known for one year.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I dont think the orbital information for the object in russia is know, and at tbe very least hasnt been released,
Then you haven't been paying attention.

Im not familiar with the specs for da14, does it still hold true with the revised data recently released increasing its mass
You know nothing about it yet you feel free to speculate? Yes. Much larger and more massive than the Russian meteor.

What is not true? As I said in that thread, the only example of existant technology you provided is the Deep Impact probe. If you read and understood those articles you would see that. You would also see that the Deep Impact probe would be pretty useless in trying to do something to an asteroid. Neither the solar sail concepts or the t-GT spacecraft exist. There have been a couple of proof of concept (and very small) solar sails launched and NASA will be launching the largest one yet next year (38 meters) but even that one is far too small to do much to an asteroid, even one as small as DA14. All of the concepts require long periods of time (years) to be effective. The existence of DA14 has been known for one year.

Thank you for the pic and the source! it is good info.
even lends support to my "theory" that it was know about and judging from the pic it was obviously a direct hit (or at least close enough in astronomical terms)
I definitely think now that DA14 was a distraction to keeps eyes off the object that hit us.

Yes, of course i feel free to speculate! Without speculation there is no education, sorry that i require proof to be "absolutely" sure, without proof, there is only speculation, good to know that while DA14's size was much larger, the impact object had only approx. 30% less mass, very interesting, i can see now why they would want to try and destroy it.

As for the tech...you have agreed that 2 of three examples i linked to exist and still only provide heresay in denial of the t-GT spacecraft.
the solar sail would be much more suitable for diversion so i doubt it was that.
the t-GT "concept" would probably be more effextive in capturing such an abject for mining purposes
that just leaves the deep impact probe type vehicle. (providing of course there is no "top secret" tech the govenment has that NO ONE has ever heard of[including you]).
Quite plausable to attach an explosive device to the deep impact probe to attempt to blow it up, could also account for the additional debris we are witnessing world wide
Thank you for your input
it is appreciated

edit on 19-2-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

even lends support to my "theory" that it was know about and judging from the pic it was obviously a direct hit (or at least close enough in astronomical terms)
A direct hit. You mean as opposed to missing? It sort of has to be one or the other. As pointed out, there are many "direct hits" every day. The fact that it came from the direction of the Sun indicates that it was not known to exist before impact. Think about the difficulty of seeing a tiny object coming from the direction of the Sun.

I definitely think now that DA14 was a distraction to keeps eyes off the object that hit us.
Oh. So DA14 didn't exist? Or the astronomers in Spain who discovered it last year and the other independent observers were all in on the nefarious plot?

Yes, of course i feel free to speculate! Without speculation there is no education
Speculation from a point of ignorance is pointless.

As for the tech...you have agreed that 2 of three examples i linked to exist and still only provide heresay in denial of the t-GT spacecraft.
And you only demonstrate your ignorance about those two examples and no evidence that the t-GT spacecraft is anything but a concept.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

A direct hit. You mean as opposed to missing? It sort of has to be one or the other. As pointed out, there are many "direct hits" every day. The fact that it came from the direction of the Sun indicates that it was not known to exist before impact. Think about the difficulty of seeing a tiny object coming from the direction of the Sun.

no i meant as opposed to skimming by us like DA14 did
Many...yes, many with this type of impact, who is being ignorant now?

Oh. So DA14 didn't exist? Or the astronomers in Spain who discovered it last year and the other independent observers were all in on the nefarious plot?

Where did say it didnt exist?
In order for it to be used as a diversion it would have to exist, obviously or the diversion wouldnt work.

Speculation from a point of ignorance is pointless.

BIG difference between ignorance, and simply not knowing all the facts....

And you only demonstrate your ignorance about those two examples and no evidence that the t-GT spacecraft is anything but a concept.

Dont most things start out as a concept? concidering this was in the concept phase 12 years ago i would be willing to bet it has evolved.
How long were stealth fighters and bombers hidden from the public eye before they were common knowledge, and that is only one example!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think the title being quoted is s bit sensational.

Wont be Last surprise attack: come on.

What a joke.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocklobster1
I think the title being quoted is s bit sensational.

Wont be Last surprise attack: come on.

What a joke.

i agree with you, it certainly is. When i first clicked the link to the article on yahoo i thought maybe it was a "real" warning, but no, just a warning in disguise, probably why yahoo killed the article on thier site.
made me ask why they would give that article such a title at such a time which is why i was asking for more info on this B612 foundation. Very interesting stuff i think,
but i was really hoping more people would have more input than to criticize the title

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Many...yes, many with this type of impact, who is being ignorant now?
Someone who thinks there is something unusual about recent fireball activity?

Where did say it didnt exist?
I was trying to understand your point. I still don't. How could DA14 have been a "diversion"? If no one knew the Russian meteor being sent to hit Russia, what's the point of a diversion?

BIG difference between ignorance, and simply not knowing all the facts....
By definition ignorance is not knowing the facts.

Dont most things start out as a concept? concidering this was in the concept phase 12 years ago i would be willing to bet it has evolved.
Not according to the article you linked.

How long were stealth fighters and bombers hidden from the public eye before they were common knowledge, and that is only one example!
There was evidence that they were under development and being built. Not much in the way of details though. Don't you remember the "F-19" in the 1980s?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply.
I think most mature grown adults will take it for what it is.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocklobster1

Thank you for the reply.
I think most mature grown adults will take it for what it is.

Well thats just it, the article isnt at all what i thought it would be.
For anyone who would have passed it by based on the title alone, they would have missed and interesting article on a topic i rather enjoy...dont judge a book by its cover

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Someone who thinks there is something unusual about recent fireball activity?

typo...Many...yes, many with this type of impact,
was intended to read like this...
Many...yes, many with this type of impact?
and i have already stated several times that i never said there was anything unusual about the recent fireball activity...please try to keep up if your gonna debate this im tired of running circles, my idea here is NOT based on any peculiarity reguarding the amount or type meteorites and asteroids.

I was trying to understand your point. I still don't. How could DA14 have been a "diversion"? If no one knew the Russian meteor being sent to hit Russia, what's the point of a diversion?

I know you dont, the point of a diversion is to prevent people from seeing anything but. someone knew about it...you mean to tell me all those satellites around the sun and we missed this one? not to mention the nice tidy little picture you provided, not sure about that but ok ill play along...

By definition ignorance is not knowing the facts.

Oh so you are really reading, why then do we keep going in circles?

Not according to the article you linked.

which article? i linked several please show me, perhaps i missed that

There was evidence that they were under development and being built. Not much in the way of details though. Don't you remember the "F-19" in the 1980s?

the lack of information does not preclude its lack existance. Im sure our military and governments have learned from the mistakes of thier past and thier information is more secure than it ever was in the 70's or 80's or even the 90's....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join