It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Fireball wont be last surprise attack...and more...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

Yes it was spectacular but the rarity isnt just that there is so much footage, its the magnitude and extent of its physical impact in reference to the amount of damage and injuries it caused in an urban setting.

If it had been at night...WOW is right
edit on 18-2-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
How then is it a far jump to conclude that this was either a test of some global space defence system (maybe tptb saved that region from a larger disaster...i.e. the ufo vid blowing up
asteroid...) or perhaps it was a failed asteroid deterent test.
It is not hard to ponder DA14 being a distraction from the larger undetected mass which they tried to blow
or divert somehow and failed.

If the "ufo" did blow apart the meteor in Russia, it could have been done in the atmosphere so that it would have a smaller debris field than blowing it up in space and have it rain all over the planet, plus leaving smaller debris to impact the earth so it would not wipe out the region.

PLUS tptb can easily use these events to further thier supposed agenda of space defence and
alien/bleubeam invasion....
What say you?

I say this is totally plausible, and could go into a page long story, but in the end, I think it's just a rocky spot in space, or DA12 had more meteors along a close path, or possibly the Myans were correct. Would Earth see all the disasters in one day? It would more likely take years, so maybe this is just what they were warning of. More fireballs in the sky, more seismic activity, and climate change. Because remember, they didn't say it was the end of the world, it was the end of the world as we know it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry for my lack of bring more specific...
I was refering to a number of things not all of which involved meteorites.

reply to post by SixX18

I think there was some info put out a few years ago by NASA about our solar system entering a denser section of space, ill see if i can find when i am done working.

I forget exactly how they defined this region so it may
not be relevant but worth a look in any case.
edit on 18-2-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Found the article i referenced in ny last post, as i first assumed it seems rather
irrelevant, though im not sure how it would effect our solar system so i cant say
voyager makes an interstellar discovery
edit on 19-2-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

Still makes one wonder how/if this would effect the oort cloud...
could it be sending more deep space objects in our general direction or are we seeing higher
rates of reported meteorites (as depicted in the post below) simply due to higher tech/awareness...

Also wanted to add these pic i found from observatories in AU. of the "deep impact" vessel
used in 2005. Yes it does say "wormwood project" but if you read the links you will see it has
NOTHING to do with "niburu" so please dont go there....
They are images of the deep impact collision with Comet 9P/Tempel1
Norcape Observatory
Wormwood Project

edit on 19-2-2013 by RadicalRebel because: trouble with the links

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by RadicalRebel

It seemed to be a rather important point to you.
I was pointing out that your idea that fireballs are rare events or that they have been reported in unusually high numbers recently is not accurate.

edit on 2/18/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

The American Meteor Society reported...

2012 - 2,219 fireballs detected
2011 - 1,628 fireballs detected
2010 - 951 fireballs detected
[link to www.space.com]
2009 - 694 fireballs detected
2008 - 726 fireballs detected
2007 - 588 fireballs detected
2006 - 517 fireballs detected
2005 - 463 fireballs detected

5,492 fireballs reported in the last 4 years.

Of these 5,492 fireballs--

40.4% were reported in 2012
29.6% were reported in 2011
17.3% were reported in 2010
12.6% were reported in 2009

So this is a statistical anomaly? And remember these are reports, regardless of whether they come with a video.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

Here's a clear video of a UFO passing the meteor miliseconds before it blows apart, best views start at 36 seconds in:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

It is a clear view of reflections from a dirty windshield.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It seemed to be a rather important point to you.
I was pointing out that your idea that fireballs are rare events or that they have been reported in unusually high numbers recently is not accurate.

edit on 2/18/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

They have been reported in increasingly high numbers per the link you posted on another thread. Some of that increase can be due to better reporting, but how much of it is can not be prove done way or another. You cannot preclude the possibility that we are have and are entering a more active meteor zone. It is possible that we aren't but the circumstances point to the fact that we are.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Sorry for my lack of bring more specific...
I was refering to a number of things not all of which involved meteorites.

Please dont get distracted from the intended topic to debate the rarity (or lack of) meteorite reportings.
While it may have some bearing on a portion of my intent it was in no way intended to be the focus.

The intent of the thread is to discuss possible links to hidden gov. knowlege/agendas/intent
which is why i placed it in a conspiracies forum and not a science forum.
Again ... please dont get distracted.
Please refer to THIS POST

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

They have been reported in increasingly high numbers per the link you posted on another thread.
Look at those the reports and think about it for a minute. According to the reported fireballs statistics there was a 429% increase in fireball activity between 2006 and 2012. Does it really make sense that there was such an increase in the number of fireballs, or that it was an increase in the number of people reporting their sightings?

You cannot preclude the possibility that we are have and are entering a more active meteor zone.
That's true. But we would tend to enter such a "meteor zone" at the same time each year, as we do meteor showers. And, while there is some anecdotal evidence for "February fireballs" the statistcial evidence isn't strong.

It is possible that we aren't but the circumstances point to the fact that we are.
What circumstances? That there have been several in the news recently? Don't you think the spectacular meteor in Russia and the passing of DA14 would contribute to interest (and thus, media coverage)? Let's go back 6 months (when we were on the opposite side of the Solar System. On the week of August 12 there were 55 reported fireballs in the US. Any media coverage of any of them? I found this:
www.wenatcheeworld.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It is also likely that the increase is due to both factors, more people reporting and more meteorites.

It is also possible that unaccounted for factors could be causing disturbances, such as my suggestion earlier that this "interstellar cloud" of highly charged and hot gasses, which is effecting our heliosphere, could be causing disturbances in the oort cloud and sending some that material in our direction.

There is also the obvious, and unstated that the search continues for objects in our solar system and not every object has been accounted for...perhaps this could be debris from one of those?

Then there is also the notion that governments in general know something and are not letting the cat out of the bag.
As for a lack of US media coverage...well if it didnt effect celebrity gossip or partisan politics its no wonder it didnt make the cut. The US media doesnt report a lot of things so thats not really a good argument...
edit on 19-2-2013 by RadicalRebel because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It is also likely that the increase is due to both factors, more people reporting and more meteorites.
No, not likely. You know that the AMS is not the only database, right?

which is effecting our heliosphere, could be causing disturbances in the oort cloud and sending some that material in our direction.
These are not comets. They are not moving at cometary speeds and they (at least the Russian meteorite(s) are not composed of cometary materials.

There is also the obvious, and unstated that the search continues for objects in our solar system and not every object has been accounted for...perhaps this could be debris from one of those?
Why need it be debris from anything but the formation of the Solar System?

As for a lsck of US media coverage...well if it didnt effect celebrity gossip or partisan politics its no wonder it didnt mame the cut.
And yet, when a spectacular and unusual event (Russia) occurs, the press is on it and is quick to pounce on any others...until interest moves elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

No, not likely. You know that the AMS is not the only database, right?

Yes, far more likely than either suggestion alone. I suppose these other sources contain concise records of every object in the solar system, no they dont. That is why all these agencies keep sending satalites out to continue searching.

These are not comets. They are not moving at cometary speeds and they (at least the Russian meteorite(s) are not composed of cometary materials.

I am sure you have proof of these claims that you could post which would add something "constructive" to the thread...

Why need it be debris from anything but the formation of the Solar System?

Why nit-pick arbitrary information. The idea that it is there and that some government(s) have capable systems to defend against/deter it AND have used it (probably more than once) and will most likely use it again is the point.

What point, in regaurds to the topic of this thread are you trying to make. I am asking because your points are completely irrelavent to the topic. As a "seasoned" member of the site you know that is frowned upon.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Why nit-pick arbitrary information.
You brought it up. Your claim was that there has been an increase in fireball activity. You say that you think it is evidence of intentional action. If the first premise is incorrect, it doesn't add support for the second.

The idea that it is there and that some government(s) have capable systems to defend against/deter it AND have used it (probably more than once) and will most likely use it again is the point.
I thought the idea presented in the OP was that such systems were being used not as defense but to attack. I also know you have not presented any evidence that is the case. I understand that conspiracy theories can only survive on a lack of evidence but again, your premise that there has been an increase in fireball activity does not hold water and weakens your already weak theory.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually i never made that claim at all, i suggested the possibity was there only after it had been brought up...by you...to which i apologized for my lack of clarity in subsequent post.

I also never claimed that anyone did this as an attack.
My claim was that someone took a shot at one of these things and nearly failed.
Later i raised the idea that a government agency would/could use these events or others like them to further some assumed nefarious agenda.
But hey...if you want to go back and actually read the thread ill wait right here....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Actually i never made that claim at all, i suggested the possibity was there only after it had been brought up...by you...to which i apologized for my lack of clarity in subsequent post.

No. For clarity, my first post in this tread was in reply to this one:

Russia AND florida, among other places around the world from just the past day or two
While it may just be coincidence there have WAY too many of them recently for me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My claim was that someone took a shot at one of these things and nearly failed.
Later i raised the idea that a government agency would/could use these events or others like them to further some assumed nefarious agenda.

If I misunderstood the idea of a nefarious agenda I apologize. The purposeful direction of a meteor at Earth for a nefarious agenda sounds like an attack to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Your apology is accepted though not neccesary.
I understood your responce and attempted to clarify the situation.

In my years here i have come to respect your knowlegde and input even though at times it may not seem that way, i have no doubt that you are well versed in your field but i am a suspicious person and can be very cynical at times so i will also apologize if at any time i appear terse.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

If I misunderstood the idea of a nefarious agenda I apologize. The purposeful direction of a meteor at Earth for a nefarious agenda sounds like an attack to me.

Well THAT would definitely fall in that catagory...but not exactly what i intended to convey.

My idea was that either
1) at some point prior to da14's close pass, someone took a shot at it and it broke up un expectedly leaving a trail of debris to rain upon us. Mostly harmlessly but the one in russia...which, if it had not been blown up at the last secong would have been truly disasterous.

2) a government told us about da14 to take eyes off the larger, more dangerous possible impact that again "seemingly" destroyed at the last second.
But that is dependant on wether or not you beleive it was intentionally destroyed( similarly to some ideas regaurding tunguska).

I just think, the idea of this tech shows the misdirection given to us by government and supports some claims that there is a nefarious plot/agenda to do us all in and take control globally as a singular entity.

What are your thoughts on those ideas?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You might be onto something.
The same news source - Space.com - reports now that United Nations Is Reviewing Asteroid Impact Threat.
By coincidence the talks were scheduled for the same time as the russian meteor impact has happened.
Coincidence?

edit on 19-2-2013 by jazzgul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

1) at some point prior to da14's close pass, someone took a shot at it and it broke up un expectedly leaving a trail of debris to rain upon us.
Which ignores the fact that the Russian meteor was on an entire different orbit than DA14. And also ignores the fact that there was nothing unusual about the other fireball activity reported.

2) a government told us about da14 to take eyes off the larger, more dangerous possible impact that again "seemingly" destroyed at the last second.
The Russian object was significantly smaller than DA14.

I just think, the idea of this tech shows the misdirection given to us by government
What tech? All you have shown is proposals for methods of dealing with an asteroid impact on Earth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join