It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Country singer Mindy MCcready commits suicide. RIP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I feel horrible that she has been suffering with a lot of demons lately. I hope she finds peace where she goes.
www.thedenverchannel.com...

"At 3:31 PM, Sunday, February 17th Deputies from the Cleburne County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to a report of gun shots fired in the area of 1132 Fox Chase Drive in Heber Springs. Officers arrived on the scene at 3:58 PM and discovered the body of 37 year old Melinda Gayle McCready on the front porch of the residence at 1132 Fox Chase. Ms. McCready was pronounced dead at the scene from what appears to be a single self-inflicted gunshot wound. At this time family members have been notified of the incident. Ms. Mcready will be transported to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for an autopsy and the matter will be fully investigated."

edit on 17-2-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The reason that this one surprises me is that her problems have been public, and she was still unable to get the help she so desperately needed. At least she did not do anything to hurt anyone else as like we hear so much lately.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Tragic ending.

I wonder if that day was "the day" no matter what, or if it just happened to be a bad day and she had access to a gun. Nevertheless, condolences to her family and fans.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It`s true what they say: money can`t buy happiness.
This should be a lesson to all of us, stop chasing the almighty dollar, slow down and smell the roses even if you can`t afford to buy the roses it doesn`t cost anything to smell them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's especially sad that her boyfriend, who she had kids with, also had committed suicide a few weeks ago.
Those poor children just had 2 parents that killed themselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Oh I am so sorry to hear this. What a waste, bless her heart. My prayers are with her family and loved ones, this is really going to be hard for them. R I P Mindy.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Wasn't she a convicted felon with documented mental health issues?

Curious about her gun access as well....

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Wow....

She was an amazing singer and a very beautiful woman.

I bought her CD when it came out and loved every song on it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I saw this last night and it doesn't surprise me. She has been all over the tabloids and media outlets for years due to her problems.

Her bf just committed suicide as well. She had obvious problems and no matter how much money or fame she had it didn't make her feel better. Should be a lesson to those who think money makes you happy, this is a clear case of that not being true as are many other "True Hollywood Stories."

Nobody will ever know how she really felt or what made her take her life and leave her children alone but it was still her choice whether you call it selfish or not.

I feel bad for those kids. I hope they are taken care of properly for life.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It`s true what they say: money can`t buy happiness.

Those folks just don't know where to shop....

Tragic story though, especially with the kids..unbelievable...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
very sad

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
It's especially sad that her boyfriend, who she had kids with, also had committed suicide a few weeks ago.
Those poor children just had 2 parents that killed themselves.

Selfish act if you ask me.
Poor children.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I'm going to be the minority here but I did not feel bad for her..I was more upset that she would selfishly leave her kids behind..and shoot the dog? Again probably not the popular view but how disgusting that she would bail on her kids like that...another reason why people who have kids should pass a test....

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Well you just have been fortunate to not have had to deal with the mental issues she had. Believe it or not, mental illness is just as bad a disease as anything else. It is dangerous, and it is something I would never wish on my worst enemy.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

It must also be noted that she had threatened to kill herself a few weeks ago after she LOST custody of her sons. She did not bail on them, they were taken from her.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I read statistics that say that someone attempts suicide every 17 minutes. If that is accurate, it means that over 80 people try it every day.

I'm at a loss as to why this woman's death is more noteworthy than those of the other 80+.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

Its not at all. We just dont hear about the other 79 people in the news. We do not know their stories.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Oh I am so sorry to hear this. What a waste, bless her heart. My prayers are with her family and loved ones, this is really going to be hard for them. R I P Mindy.

Ack...I mean, I don't know how people can bring themselves to pour their hearts out for people who sissy-icide themselves, leaving young children behind (and apparently also shooting their dog to death.) You're a better person than me for it, but I would rather curse her soul than bless her heart, and wish eternal torment, rather than rest in peace, upon her black soul.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Anyone else think of a hit instead of suicide? Men usually shoot themselves, women overdose. Did she even know how to shoot a gun? Was this a revenge shooting from her boyfriends family? Shoot her in the head, shoot the dog which is causing trouble.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Who? Some celebrity? Why is she more important than all the other non celebrities who kill themselves?

edit on 19-2-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join