It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is with an open mind that I have come to accept that the only way

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Gun confiscation in the United States would take a military effort on the scale of a Korea or Vietnam. Even then it would lead only to a civil war. And it wouldn't be a civil war with blue and gray uniforms. It would be a dirty civil war where the populace would be preyed upon by all armed parties to the conflict.

So while gun confiscation is a fun paranoid fantasy for bored gun lovers; it's not something any government will try to do.

Like you muse7 I don't quake at the notion of an armed populace. I've known several law abiding gun owners and have never felt threatened by them. Also, like you, I feel the presence of 300 million firearms in the country does serve to give potential tyrants pause.

But guns all too often kill the innocent. They kill when they are stored improperly and become available to those who shouldn't have them. Guns kill when they are used improperly; "He thought it was unloaded, put it to his head and pulled the trigger as a joke" his last. Firearms could use emerging biometric technology to be made safer e.g. gun would not fire unless the thumbprint matched the owner.

Last but not least Government should tax the hell out of gun owners. Guns like cigarettes are bad for us and we need to learn to LIVE without them. But we also need to take things one day at a time...and remain calm.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
S&F for realizing this. If every good citizen had a gun the criminals would know not to break into houses. There would still need to be laws but dead criminals don't need jails. Police on a local basis will always be needed in this country, strangely they support gun ownership by the public. I do support background checks of people trying to buy a pistol. That is not anything different than we have today here in Michigan.

I do not trust doctors being able to control the lives of the people either, it just gives them more power over us. The medical industry has too much power already. If you do not agree with a doctor's diagnosis because it is wrong, they can tag you so you can't get a gun, Even if another doctor finds what is wrong with you and fixes it properly. Tagging people that stir things up by giving them a prescription for certain meds like antidepressants is often used by doctors if you question their actions. This control tactic alerts others in the field that you ask too many questions. Because I am aware of this policy I do not think a physicians input is appropriate a lot of times. I know some pretty bad people and they act nice at the doctors office, they would get good reports.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join