It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Choice...The Reality by Mr. Carlin and a little ZAPPA.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by HumansEh
Ah Op, Zappa and Carlin,
You are really spoiling us!
"Ram it, ram it, ram it, ram it ...............................!"

What does a chute have to do with poop anyway?

And please don't forget the magical color of snow, the wonderment of Catholic Girls...all taking place in a little garage owned by some guy named "Joe".

Peace

Had to star this post simply for the Joe reference!!

SnF for the OP, jude. I too grew up listneing to these two magnificent minds and miss them dearly. Just wish we could get more of the current generations to listen and understand....

Just remember "...the white zone is for loading and unloading...
if you gatta load, or unload..."

Priceless stuff....

Anyway, back to my semicatatonic state dreaming of guitar notes that go ri-tu-ti-tu-ti-nu-nee-nu-neee....
thanks for the blast from the past!!

Tom

edit on 17-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2013 by PaTommyJ because: wrong place for quote...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
While Carlin was great, you can obliviously tell he borrowed from Bill Hicks when he became an "old #".

Carlin is still great, and I listen to him daily, but no one, no one comes within 2000 light years of the brilliance of Bill Hicks.

Grab your favorite drink, unplug, sit down, shut up and listen.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
While Carlin was great, you can obliviously tell he borrowed from Bill Hicks when he became an "old #".

Carlin is still great, and I listen to him daily, but no one, no one comes within 2000 light years of the brilliance of Bill Hicks.

Grab your favorite drink, unplug, sit down, shut up and listen.

Agreed,

Hicks is definitely worthy of "Genius" and funny as hell.

But who borrowed from who can be up for debate since George was already a star while Hicks was coming up.

Doesn't matter tho. Both great.

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Carlin was a very wise Man, and in my opinion the best stand up comedian to ever walk out onto a stage. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Zappa absolutely smoked that Walton guy.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

Yes he did. Without a doubt my friend.

Zappa was an interesting cat to say the very least. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Wow, I really love this guy. Media focuses on a "fear" issue + social hysteria = new laws limiting civil liberties. That is essentially what it comes down to, and it is more obvious now than ever. But people do not think about all of these major corporate entities and players as being interconnected, when many of them are in various ways...because the truth is that there is a lot of money to be made in screwing American consumers out of their hard-earned money.

The major point I wanted to comment on regards politics in America. I often make the mistake of thinking politicians are the cause of much of the problems, because I forget just how far lobbying really goes. At the top level it is not lobbying, and like Carlin said, it is pure ownership. The uber-wealthy own the government, and have done so for at least the entire 20th century and up until now. I have not watched a lot of Carlin's videos, but I know basically what he stands for. The main question I have regarding him is this: does he always come off as so passive? What I mean is this: is he actually telling Americans to accept their fate, instead of attempting to change it?

I realize that had he taken the latter route and played it up all these years, he probably wouldn't be around anymore...So I get the sense that it is sort of tongue in cheek, or a wink, like "accept it." Either way, he has done a great job pointing out the flaws in the entire system, and it is true that things will never change until enough people have had enough. I am sort of an idealist myself, and recently I was thinking of a moral crusade to take up, something that could actually make a difference. After looking at what could be done in America, I finally decided I would have to go abroad, to someplace where the people are actually fighting for change. I was thinking maybe Syria or something at the moment, as being an American I honestly would not mind laying my life down to achieve democracy for so many people...Even if they weren't the same race or religion as myself. I'm not saying I am going to do that, to anyone who may be listening, but it is on my idea board, lol. If I would even be allowed to fly out from America. Have any posters who really slam the government all over the interwebs ever had any problems boarding international flights?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
George Carlin was indeed a great comic, and had a great mind.

He tells like it is, even if its isn't pretty.

He's truly influenced me, and helps me remind myself to look at things logically.

R.I.P. George, I'll always remember you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join