It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One man band program? Virtual instruments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I am a musician, I play guitar. I am looking for a program that has a large verity of instruments so that I can make a song. I am using windows, I have played with fruity loops (confusing) and programs like garageband (I hate loops
). It needs to be as simple as garageband but work for windows.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I recommend Cakewalk/Sonar. It is a very good program, fairly easy to use and has additional patches, instruments, ect that you can download (some are free). I use it, and enjoy using it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

edit on 17-2-2013 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Band in a box by pg music. I recently upgraded mine. Required a Hard drive be sent to me by mail due to 44 gigs of audio and midi. Choose any instrument from midi to very real audio tracks. Pick your rhythm out of thousands edit the instruments and add real instruments as desired in audio. Enter the song in chord structure, edit the notation, and even record audio and burn directly to cd.
If you are not upgrading the cost will be around 300+ if upgrading the cost around 170
I have written hundreds of songs on guitar over the years, and no longer have a band. I no longer need one making back up CDs with real instruments. for preview just go to pg music and have a look.

when you are done save the audio in separate tracks, open your audio program [I use several different ones including Cakewalk] the end result is a real band with real audio, in real time with excellent reproduction.
edit on 17-2-2013 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

edit on 2/17/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I use Presonus Studio One v2.5 for music production.

They have lots of tutorial videos on youtube too which are very helpful, if ever needed.

Here is a link to the site, they also have a demo you can download.

studioone.presonus.com...

Or their is Tracktion, i haven't used this software but the reviews are pretty good.

They also have a demo for download.

I'm guessing this might be more what youre after?.

Here is link www.tracktion.com...

'___'

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Check out your search function...ive tried a few that have come up.....theres a chord machine with a two week trial that you can alter and it has dozens of styles.....free try what the hey?
Also there tons of freeish backing tracks, and Fender fuse comes with the new mustang amps now....
so they are internet friendly community of jam tarts.....
I play too and know how you feel....still looking for that machine that i can play to....
I have even bought small pianos that have song lists to play with its crappy but its practice....
u2u me if you latch onto the ultimATE HEY?
THANX S

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
well the leaders are cakewalk/sonar/cubase/reaper/ you can pick any one of them they are all pretty good as for band in the box EWQL has some good stuff so does native instruments

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Try 'Guitar Pro' by Arobas Music. Its not for professional recording or anything, but for the price it can provide bass and drum accompaniment with a decent set of computer speakers. It also, has instruments for horns, guitar, piano, etc.
edit on 17-2-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I am a musician, I play guitar. I am looking for a program that has a large verity of instruments so that I can make a song. I am using windows, I have played with fruity loops (confusing) and programs like garageband (I hate loops

Mixcraft 6. Free to try and fully functioning. Buy it. It's a great program and will have you going in no time.

Mixcraft 6

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Mixcraft 6. Free to try and fully functioning. Buy it. It's a great program and will have you going in no time.

Mixcraft 6

I have played with it, its a good program but its instrument are not quality they sound like a 200 dollar keyboard. This is basically garage band for windows. I should have said I want the quality to be better. I think in going to try reason it seems to have good support.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Ableton Live 8 is a very good digital audio workstation. It's pretty straight forward to begin using & seems to have more functions than FL Studio which I previously used. For creating & editing drum tracks, Ableton has so far proved far easier to use with much smoother performance when loading multiple plug-ins and sequences - without seizing & crashing! It has also given me more control over note placement & rhythm subdivisions.

However, you will need to download additional instrument plug-ins if there are certain sounds that you wish to create as the ones that come free with Ableton packages are pretty limited. For drum tracks I would recommend Addictive Drums

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Don't bother with Reason/Record. While an excellent program with many great features it is needlessly complicated and has a long learning curve. Band in a box sounds like the ticket for you.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Cubase. It is very easy to use but has all the things you need if not more. There are a ton of instruments to choose from, along with a variety of effects you can apply. All the effects have presets in case you don't like tinkering the effect settings. One of my favorite is vibrato, which I'm sure many other DAWs have, but adding just a little bit makes long notes sound much better.

Here's my new song in case you're wondering about it's capabilities:
soundcloud.com...

Don't bother listening to my other stuff if you want an idea of how Cubase sounds because I used the LittleBigPlanet 2 music sequencer in those. Still, if you like this song you may want to check out the others.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Don't bother with Reason/Record. While an excellent program with many great features it is needlessly complicated and has a long learning curve. Band in a box sounds like the ticket for you.

I love it. I am catching on pretty quick. Like i said I have some experience with fruity loops. Its easier to manage then fruity loops. Their are tons of tutorials on youtube. I am hoping this program alone will provide me with enough knowledge to get into a real studio. All I need now is a good MIDI controller and I can start making some sweet tunes.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

i use a program called Cubbasis that has virtual instruments for laying down midi tracks. I use audacity for creating wave tracks. The version of Cubbasis i have is ten years old, and im sure the latest version would be very good. This is a song i created made up using Cubbasis.

soundcloud.com.../shadowdancer

new topics

top topics

join