It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the METEORS ARE REAL!! i just saw 2 miami fl

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreefer703
Think its time to watch Deep Impact again. Strang times are afoot but just remember life goes on in this world and the next, everything will work out hows its supposed to.

Grim
edit on 19-2-2013 by grimreefer703 because: cuz im awesome

I think I might just watch that, now you mention it. Its in my DVR recordings.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This year will definitely be interesting when it comes to cosmic occurrences in our general proximity, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The OP reported seeing two objects. The video linked on page 3 or 4 showed radar at the time indicating something was "launched" from Key West, as well as the meteor. The NBC news video said some people reported folks were "shooting flares" in the sky.

Something is up with this one...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It wasn't real time, that I guess will possibly remain classified foresee-ably.

They did say data release was to be resumed and streamlined

blogs.nature.com...

though as yet, it hasn't. This recent event could be the tipping point, maybe.

www.space.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I read somewhere a while back that there is an increased time of meteorites every 150 years approximately, do to some pattern. There is also another pattern that is over a thousand years apart. It explained it but I don't have that much interest in remembering particulars about things like that.

There are reports from various studies on this.

Is there a genocidal countdown built into the motion of our solar system? Recent work at Cardiff University suggests that our system's orbit through the Milky Way encounters regular speedbumps - and by "speedbumps" we mean "potentially extinction-causing asteroids".

Almost exactly two cycles ago, in fact. The figures show that we're very close to another danger zone, when the odds of asteroid impact on Earth go up by a factor of ten. Ten times a tiny chance might not seem like much, but when "Risk of Extinction" is on the table that single order of magnitude can look much more imposing.

You have to remember that ten times a very small number is still a very small number - and Earth has been struck by thousands of asteroids without any exciting extinction events. A rock doesn't just have to hit us, it has to be large enough to survive the truly fearsome forces that cause most to burn up on re-entry.

Professors Medvedev and Melott of the University of Kansas have a different theory based on the same regular motion. As the Sun ventures out "above" the galactic plane, it becomes increasingly exposed to the cosmic ray generating shock front that the Milky Way creates as it ploughs through space. As we get closer to this point of maximum exposure, leaving the shielding of the thick galactic disk behind, the Kansas researchers hold that the increasing radiation destroys many higher species, forcing another evolutionary epoch. This theory also matches in time with the dinosaur extinction.

www.universetoday.com...

There are just so many ways the Universe is out to get us. Astronomers have already considered the threat from our Sun’s orbit around the center of the Milky Way. When our Sun rises up out of flat plane of the Milky Way, it appears we might be less protected from intergalactic radiation and cosmic rays. Well, it looks like passing through the middle of the galactic plane might have its own share of risks: an increased number of comets might be hurled towards the Earth because of gravitational interaction with the densest parts of our galaxy.

Researchers at the Cardiff Centre of Astrobiology have built a computer model of the Solar System’s journey around the Milky Way. Instead of making a perfectly flat orbit around the galaxy’s centre, it actually bounces up and down. At times it can rise right up out of the galactic plane – getting 100 light years above – and then dip down below it. They calculated that we pass through the plane every 35 to 40 million years.

And this time period seems to match dangerous periods of impacts on Earth. According to the number and age of craters on Earth, we seem to suffer increased impacts every 36 million years. Uh oh, that’s a match.
In fact, one of these high points of comet activity would have been 65 million years – the same time that an asteroid strike wiped out the dinosaurs.
And here’s the bad news. According to their calculations, the Solar System will be passing through the galactic plane in the near future, and should see an increased risk of impact. Our risk of impact could increase 10-fold.

edit on 19-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

He is retiring not bunkering down. Reports say he is blind in his left eye and his hearing is failing and he is so thin that they are having a time of it keeping his robes from slipping off. Sounds more like he is old and wants to live out the rest of his days less in the public service in quiet servitude to his God.

Think whatever you want.
I find it very strange that he's the first Pope in 600 years to resign. Also, if you know about elite symbols in the media, models are often pictured covering their left eyes. This is rumored to represent the anit-Christ, but what if the apocalypse is marked by the Pope going blind in his left eye?
Like I said, you believe whatever you want. So will eye, er, I.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonex
The OP reported seeing two objects. The video linked on page 3 or 4 showed radar at the time indicating something was "launched" from Key West, as well as the meteor. The NBC news video said some people reported folks were "shooting flares" in the sky.

Something is up with this one...

I work for a small police dept, and all night we kept getting calls of people shooting flares, the very same night of my sighting

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hello ATSers,

Sorry to move a little bit away from the topic but today there was the following piece of news released in Brazil: Weird colored spot moving in the Sky of Rio de Janeiro

It's in Portuguese but it basically states that on Sunday afternoon a few people noticed a weird spot in the sky of Rio de Janeiro. They first thought it was a shooting star but as you can see in the video, it's too slow for that. The most reasonable explanation is that it was an airplane, with the color being explained by the time of the day.

Although I believe in this explanation, I thought it would be nice to share it here and hear some opinions.

Cheers,
Michel

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I don't worry about things that I can do nothing about. I do try to prepare for things that I can do something about though, like natural disasters on a small scale. I think everyone should prepare for these events and our country should look after helping people for larger events. Calling a snowstorm a state of disaster and applying for government funding is rediculus. People don't need to go out in a snowstorm unless it is an emergency. Same with other weather disasters. Sure the people need some help but why should the Government rebuild the areas. Let the peoples personal insurance take care of that or the government can issue an insurance policy that covers that like in the case of flood insurance. I would pay for flood insurance if I lived in a place that was prone to floods. We can do these things on our own. Don't build in a highly risky place, build in a place that has less chance of disasters.

In the case of meteors, there is probably no safe area. The thing to remember is that getting hit by an asteroid is very rare. I read about a cow getting hit by a meteor and dying
I also read of a kids hand getting hit by a meteor the size of a bb and it went right through embedding into the road. That would suck.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MichelT

That looks like an airliner during sunset

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

Let me tell you a story, I was right here during the 1999 bombing.
More times, 2 or more, more, I would say so, there was something similar to passing of meteor, it was very, very, bright, big, colored toward red, it was flying very, very, long, sometimes looking as staying at one place.
Once, I saw it deviding into 3 pieces, and each piece fell down seperatly, somewhere.
When that happened, I was walking with my girlfriend, and, when I saw its deviding, and its falling down, I took her hand, dragged her into first house yard, than in basement I knew there was there, and set us laying down with heads directed at the other side of where window was. That happened in few moments. Nothing happened there, it fell on the other place, but, it looked as it could fall anywhere, and at us, too. Than the owners of that house came, saw us, and asked what happened. I told them, rockets (missiles). We knew each other, and went to drink coffey, after that. There was on TV that it fell on Bukulja Mountain, rather far from here.
Well, it could be some NATO weapon, not meteor. It is very similar to.

edit on 2/19/2013 by dragnik because: spelling misstake

edit on 2/19/2013 by dragnik because: additional text

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

That's what I thought as well. But due to all this meteors hype, this managed to the first page of one of the most famous news website down here, that's why it called my attention.

edit on 19/2/13 by MichelT because: typos

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ujustneverknow

So, I remember seeing an article last year about the solar system passing through an area of space junk that will last a couple of years. Could this be the reason we are seeing an increase in stuff hitting the planet? Could there be more coming?

solarstormwarning.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

it is always best to be prepared, sensibly.

Thankfully nothing major has happened here though that we couldn't cope with though in 2007 a lot of people in the area were flooded out of their homes, some people died getting washed away or stuck in drains, lots of those whose houses flooded waited about 5 years before they were allowed back to their homes.

The big freeze here in 2009 that lasted a few weeks made life uneasy, we couldn't travel anywhere, on a hill, rural area, shops weren't stocking much as deliveries couldn't reach, schools closed, employers got angry at people not turning up for work, people got warnings. It wasn't a major disaster but it had a big impact on everyday life and some lost their jobs or holiday entitlement. Small things that had a domino effect and that was just a few weeks of snow and ice or flooding.

It is surprising how the delicate infrastructure we have created and take for granted is so easily affected, it is our everyday living solution, few rely on anything other than the standard work / supermarket / car / piped water and heating etc that even one of those malfunctioning has an effect on other things, the supply / demand chain is delicate.
edit on 19-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think we need to get his by several at once. Shake up the whole planet. Get us on a path to re building humanity. Start over. New, local governments, new states, new countries. People would start dying for something (helping, rebuilding) not just dying from old age, not having any money to buy stuff we don't need. It would add new purpose to life.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

We have become completely reliant on the system as have parts of the system become totally reliant on other parts of the system. Computers will be a major downfall in this country. I get a receipt on all payments I make. If the system gets compromised I have evidence to show my payments. I also keep all receipts for years and question discrepancies on bills I receive. I used business accounting and estimating software in the past in my business and always roughly add up totals to make sure the total represents the itemized amounts. Experience allows a person to see things others don't.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Late last night i was researching meteorites and the various meanings placed on them throughout history and came across an article about the Urantia papers in a dusty corner of the web.
I felt it was ripe for ATS treatment.

There are few nonbreather types of inhabited worlds in our system because this more recently organized section of the local universe is full of debris and meteors. Worlds without a protective atmosphere are constantly bombarded by these objects and the nonbreathing worlds must protect themselves by making electrical installations which shunt the meteors -- much like our electronic bug traps.

If you know the story of the Urantia papers please dont spoil it for the others. Allow them to feel the full impact of the conclusion. Its an educational process.

edit on 19-2-2013 by w3thepatient because: fix link

edit on 19-2-2013 by w3thepatient because: no spoilers

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

I'm in Hialeah and I've notice quite a few of these. Not as intense as you described it but some that have last some time and with multiple colors (From Green to Red).

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Bone75

Fireballs...not as uncommon as you may think.
www.amsmeteors.org...

I'm well aware of how common they are, but I'm not buying this line that the increase in sightings is related to increased awareness.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join