It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Encounter with a "Shadow Person"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

Forgive if this is posted in the wrong forum. Just wanted to share a particularly odd and chilling experience I had on Friday the 15'th this past week. Just a little background on the events that took place before this all transpired that day. I work at a concrete re-bar production yard in Oldcastle, Ontario Canada producing pieces for highways and bridges ect. I start my shifts daily Monday to Friday at 6:30 am.

So nothing too exciting on what seemed to be a normal cold Friday morning, Excited for the weekend and just looking to get the shift over with. So i'm up at 5 am and out the door by 5:30 am to catch my bus to go to work and it usually takes me a 20 minute walk to hit the bus stop. I leave my house and about halfway through my walk i hit a roundabout for traffic. Nothing new just continued on my way. However at one point I simply gazed to my right almost like I was controlling my action and looked across the lot of an abandoned car dealership to a wooden privacy fence illuminated by the glow of a normal orange/yellow streetlight.

Just at a glance I caught the image of a mans silhouette cascading across the fence. It was at this point I slowed my walk to a slower pace and continued to watch whatever it was I had been peering at. Once I had come to a complete halt to get a better glimpse, the damn thing began to move slowly to the left across the fence to the brick wall of the abandoned dealership office.

Just as quick as you read this, is as fast as this whole event transpired. I examined the position of the streetlight and if any trees might have cause the illusion I had beheld. But nothing at all in my right mind anyways could have produced such a perfect cut of the shape of a tall man. Scared the crap out of me none the less, I felt like I was being watched the rest of that 10 minute walk to my stop.

This seems to be the only place I can speak about these things and be taken somewhat seriously with all of the fabrication that occurs on the net. Just wanted to post and read your opinions and maybe similar experiences.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Protickall

Could you have been observing the shadow of someone walking, cast onto the fence you looked at? That would be my first thing to think. Did you look around to see if there was a person in your area, with another light source between them, and the fence. Interesting story....

Des

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

And during the morning, outside no less!

... The apartment my lady and I have lived in for the passed 2 years, has definitely shown us profound evidence for the paranormal. I have seen some wild things out of the corner of my eye, as well as once I watched a little yellow ball of light "wisp" by my head and into the ceiling.

What she has seen though is where it gets interesting. Once she was painting on the floor in the living room. To her right is our couch, under the window. While she was painting, a shadow in the shape of a cat bounced right by her and as it jumped upon our couch, it disappeared. This was before we owned a cat.

Then not a few months after that, she's laying in bed (I'm in the bathroom, brushing my teeth) --- I hear her yell for me. So I turn around and poke my head out. She proceeds to tell me she had JUST seen a shadow, in the shape of a big lizard on our west wall. She had her eyes closed, and as they opened, she saw it as plain as day. In her mind, she said "Oooh, I see you!" --- then this shadow-lizard makes a full 180 turn and vanishes.

Just saying, welcome to the club.
Untrained clumsy humans are basically the equivalent of blind mice, bumping around a reality we can perceive less than a fraction of.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well I have no idea what really exists out there so you may very well have seen one of these shadow figures, maybe a ghost or something along that line.

I've yet to experience anything similar but I certainly don't doubt they could exist. Since you've seen it once maybe you will again so try and keep a camera with you just in case. I'd love to see a picture of it one day.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
an invisible boy/ girlfriend sneeking out after ???

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Check out Heidi Hollis on YouTube or do a search for her on any search engine.

These things are VERY common.

She has done a massive amount of research on people who have had encounters with shadow people.

Below is a two part interview with her on Coast to Coast AM (Skip to 40 min.):

edit on 17-2-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience Protickall. I was just curious about whether any of the physical characteristics of your shadow man seemed "off". Was he tall / short / average size? My shadow man story is here if you are interested. I can never have enough shadow man encounter stories, they're interesting to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That's pretty eerie...
I've read a lot on Shadow People and all of the witness accounts are pretty bone-chilling. I've read too, that people who have acknowledged their presence have a harder time shaking them off, as in they know that you know. Maybe explains the feeling of being followed/watched for the remainder of your commute to the bus.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I'm just marking this for me to read later. Thank you for posting this event.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

This thing whatever it was, was the exact silhouette of a man anywhere between 30-40 years of age. it was the most baffling thing, aside from things in the sky, I have ever seen.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As I had posted, this was the most bizarre experience in the paranormal area I have ever experienced. I mean, I have seen my share of things in the sky but this was something that, when i stopped walking forward, simply moved to the left and vanished against a painted cinder block wall. It hadn't moved an inch until I had stopped my feet shuffling. Almost as if "it" was aware of my observation.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protickall

This thing whatever it was, was the exact silhouette of a man anywhere between 30-40 years of age. it was the most baffling thing, aside from things in the sky, I have ever seen.

Thanks for answering. I've been baffled since I saw mine over twenty years ago. Have never seen another one. Just before the dawning of the internet so I don't remember them being talked about before I found my way to the net in late 90's. In old books and things that I've read the term apparition is used a lot so I've always been curious about how many "apparitions" might have been shadow people. hhhhhhmmmmmm...... mine was above average height and very long legs and arms, very thin. Many report a hat, you can google "hat man" for more. Mine had no hat.
edit on 2/17/2013 by shockedonlooker because: Agree ww/Murgatroid on Heidi Hollis, she's done a great job compiling experiences.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

A couple of question if you don't mind:

(1) Were you scared because of the Shadow Person, or because of the unusual nature of the event?
(2) When you felt like you were being watched, did you have any other feelings with it?

Not trying to push anything here, but I have a thread about Shadow People. I have also been trying to piece together their culture.

ATS: Shadow People: What so they do?

The thread has a lot of different stories about Shadow People encounters (not all of them are bad)

Thank you again for posting this event.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Creepy! Thanks for sharing this!

I've had a similar experience. I too was on my way to work and it was about 6am. I was standing on the platform at Mile End Station on the London Underground and on the opposite platform standing just across from me was a rather attractive woman. She seemed perfectly normal - i.e solid, full colour and I presumed alive...

Anyway, I glanced away very briefly - literally a blink of an eye - and when I looked back, she'd gone! There was absolutely nowhere she could have gone that quickly. This was 25 years ago and I still remember it very, very clearly as I'm sure you will with your shadow man.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

I think the nature of the event had been the more chilling aspect then actually witnessing it. and as for the feeling of being watched, there were no other feelings accompanied with it. Just felt as if someone was watching my every move.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

Thanks for the reply mate,

That's pretty bizarre alright. I have had a few of my closest friends tell me of the same experiences you just described. It's quite a subtle chill that runs up your spine when you take all rationale out of the situation/event no?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The thing I saw was definitely now wearing a hat. As well as no bounce in its step as a normal human would. I refer to just the simple motion of one taking steps. This thing simply "floated", seemingly. out of existence.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hi all, avid reader but first time posting as I feel compelled to add to the discussion.

I have had numerous experiences in regards to Shadow People (or person in my case) and one being quite recently 08/02/13 or 02/08/13 if your from the US

Although reading through the comments and looking online for any type of explanation my experience has never really looked like the more common described figure with either a cloak or hat. When I was younger (I'm 32 years young) it would always appear as a cat shape of which my brother also used to see, then as I got older it is now a small figure roughly 4ft but still moves like a cat as it leaps and disappears (if that makes sense!) It must follow me as my current gf has seen it but my brother no longer does (and yes it did freak her out a little)

It is weird as obviously unexplained and most people think your going loco, but I've never been threatened by it or felt dread and whilst I was suffering from sleep paralysis or sleep attacks as I'd rather call it (due to the feelings and experiences of something evil sitting on my chest and suffocating my mouth would be the only way of describing it) It used to aid me in awakening (that's when my partner saw it)

Anyhow it's for sure a subject that reveals more questions than answers and thanks for allowing me to share that with you all.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protickall
reply to post by Guyfriday

I think the nature of the event had been the more chilling aspect then actually witnessing it. and as for the feeling of being watched, there were no other feelings accompanied with it. Just felt as if someone was watching my every move.
Thank you for answering that.

Not to marginalize your encounter, but it seems that you caught a Shadow Person doing something. This would explain that "Chill" feeling. It's interesting note that you gave about just feeling "watched".

While you may not be able to shake the event off, you should feel proud that you may have stumbled upon a Shadow Persons activity. It would also seem that you can take some comfort that you were a witness to this activity, and not a target. (unless you have any other events like this that have happend)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cjamesk

Neat story. I have had a animal encounter as well. (I talked about it in the thread I posted about earlier in this thread) Thank you for posting this information.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join