It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Curiosity getting the best of you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Let's face it.

There is precisely one member on ATS who does post these ridiculous threads once a week in regular intervals.

To be honest, he is one of three members on here whos posts I skip each and every time because they are beyond ridiculous.

Having said that, I'm 100% with the OP.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well.. I don't think we have a choice here. Society is full of people. All people are different, with different perceptions, even if many others think those perceptions are wrong. Though, there opinion will still be put out there because they think they are, or may be correct (well, unless they are just seeking attention).

Opinion put out there = new mars rock thread. Then people make counter arguments/opinions.

That's how it works, I think. Inevitable, even if thought silly by mass numbers.

But good rant- as my cousin would say, "I feel you, bro".

-AA

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

true

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yay! naked chick on horse!

thanks

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
There is precisely one member on ATS who does post these ridiculous threads once a week in regular intervals.

Hey H1ght3chHippie! You're not - by any chance - talking about me, are you?! Whereas I've just become a member last week ...

Look, the U.S. has sent 4 rovers to the red planet up to now,

> When Pathfinder went there, millions of people were hoping to see something unusual.
> When Spirit roamed the martian sands, those same people were full of hope as well.
> When Opportunity started rollin', there were the same expectations.

Yet, nothing was ever found (except for the proof that water once flowed on Mars, which of course is 'sensational' by itself), but I'm talking about visual evidence here!

On Sol 64, Curiosity came across 'something', that is very clear, very visible and displayed in pretty good resolution (gosh, I don't even need the rover to go back again, it's there!). So here we finally got something REAL and what do you guys do?! You rant and ignore!!

Really, I don't intend to offend anyone and you shall - of course - have your own opinion. But as far as I'm concerned: I gotta fight for what I found and get people to realize what MSL has 'already' discovered.

By the way, did you check this post of mine? (wait until the page is loaded and your browser automatically scrolls to the post, it's in the middle of the page)

Or check the whole thread about the MSL Sol 64 findings. This is really important!

Or take this GigaPan Panorama as a starting point (wait until the page has fully loaded, it'll take you to the snapshot). Go fullscreen, zoom in and out, several times, scroll through that area. And then start asking yourself some serious questions (and I don't mean those related to my sanity!).

We are looking at some sort of petrified wrecks or wreckages buried in the sands. I'm not kidding and I'm 100% (!) sure about it.

Apart from that, I've applied Occam's razor and considered Pareidolia to explain all of this. But there's just no other explanation, believe me. In any case, I need people like you and the others here on ATS to look into this and perhaps support my admittedly incredible claim!!

edit on 18-2-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Seriously ladies and gents... Quit posting these threads... Its nothing more then your imagination getting the best of you...

Well I will never quit tingling the minds of the people, if I think I found something worthwhile on the Martian or moon or any other solar body's surface . I think the people who are coming forward with serious point outs, are pioneers that someday will be right!

SO NO WE DON'T STOP.....

Minus S+F for you my friend...
edit on 18-2-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Fair enough..

But can you try to post something other then rocks...

Theres just so many of them, and its getting older then the rocks themselves

*sigh*

Little tip: You have to flag to unflag... and you can't take away stars

edit on 18-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I identify with you 100%, the quality overall
is very poor, unless it is posted by one of the elites,
they seem to get starred for turning up, whether they are making sense or
making it up....
edit on 18-2-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well you know what they say about a diamond in the rough, it is free to look and if you don't like what you see just hit another thread.

I am not saying these pictures are what they seem to be, or seem not to be.

Curiosity is good in my opinion, ignoring things that just might/maybe be true is a crime in my opinion.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sorry I do appreciate these postings. there is usually a great deal going on in these photos (e.g. distribution of small vs large rocks indicating possible liquid movement, smooth soil vs wind enhanced soil - indicating micro climates) - so the postings are a good reminder.

Compared to the religious verbal battles that go on the site, the misery of many of the conspiracies controlling the mass media and hence hoi polloi , these rock conspiracies are actually uplifting (for me) - a reminder of how similar our nearest neighbour really is. And the replies - taken at face value - we can have some experts replying on these.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Factually, the latest post have triggered over 140 flags and 11 pages of discussion - so I am not alone in finding these interesting. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Any pictures of a dead cat yet?

You can never have too many threads about interestingly shaped pieces of stone.....They Rock!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I dont happen to support your "rock" theory, at all.

Mars is an incredible planet, with mysteries that they don't want us to be privy to because they are beyond asshat category of criminals.

its a planet that can bring back soul memories. It used to be like earth.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

I recommend that everyone meditate, and then spend time listening to theta and watching videos on mars, trees, water, etc. And reaching within.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thats quite alright...

Pareidolia explains 99.9% of the anomilies on mars though

Mars may have supported like milliions of years ago... Perhaps when earth was a ball of molten rock... When the sun was much hotter then it is today... But its highy unlikely we would find evidence of it today...

Especially things like buildings and battleships.... Let alone crocodiles and flowers like in the OP

Just my opinion though

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Holy cow, Ak! In your attempt to debunk this stuff I think you actually discovered more evidence FOR life on Mars.

In the pic below, number 1 sure looks like a running Martian squirrel that even has its own shadow. No wait! Sorry. What was I thinking. It's a Martian chipmunk. Yeah.

Number 2 is definitely the shell of a prehistoric dino-turtle. Why can't you see it?!!!

Come on! Are you telling me you can't see that fossilized lizard in number 3???

Number 4 can't be mistaken for anything but the segments of a spine (possibly humanoid, possibly shark).

Great find, AK!!! S&F
edit on 7/31/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join