It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHARGES DISMISSED: State trooper- 100mph; kills one woman; injures another; child through windshield

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

The families should have an actual jury trial of their peers and equals.

The court should have a real judge in a white wig.

Murder is murder.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
I already read the link. I dont know the policy regarding the emergency lights or if that would have changed anything.

It looks like you are reading your off site quote wrong. It states he reached speeds of 102 mph, not that he was taking the turn at 102 mph. We already know he lost control of his vehicle. My point is that as long as emergency vehicles respond to emergencies there will be accidents.

I was bringing out some common sense points in my other post, which you ignored.

You don't need to be in an emergency vehicle to be in an accident. He should have been using his lights if he was traveling at a 102 MPH, turn involved or not.

His commander was fired and a Sergeant recommended for demotion in the case. Sounds like somebody must have done something wrong, don't you think?

FHP found the trooper, Detrick McClellan, at fault in the horrific crash, fired him, and cited him with three traffic violations.

From the OP link.
edit on 18-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by defcon5
It might still work out that justice is served

For most folks, justice will not be served until the day comes that there is no cover-up. Plain and simple, honest, forthcoming, voluntary testimony would go a long way towards healing the disconnect between what LEO claims to be and what the general public perceives them to be.

but it shows that you cannot trust these departments to conduct investigations on themselves.

It makes you wonder....why does LEO have exclusive rights on internal investigations? Heck, why do they have any rights to internal investigations at all? Should that not be the responsibility of an independent citizen council; void of any LEO influence? We should demand such.

edit on 17-2-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

STAR!!! Serving on a police review board should be like jury duty. Let the citizens decide. You cannot have the fox guarding the hen house. It never works out like it should.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I already read the link. I dont know the policy regarding the emergency lights or if that would have changed anything.

It looks like you are reading your off site quote wrong. It states he reached speeds of 102 mph, not that he was taking the turn at 102 mph. We already know he lost control of his vehicle. My point is that as long as emergency vehicles respond to emergencies there will be accidents.

I was bringing out some common sense points in my other post, which you ignored.

You don't need to be in an emergency vehicle to be in an accident. He should have been using his lights if he was traveling at a 102 MPH, turn involved or not.

His commander was fired and a Sergeant recommended for demotion in the case. Sounds like somebody must have done something wrong, don't you think?

FHP found the trooper, Detrick McClellan, at fault in the horrific crash, fired him, and cited him with three traffic violations.

From the OP link.
edit on 18-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

I already stated i dont know what the policy is regarding emergency lights, in some cases police can respond without using emergency lights. Asking me about someone being fired and demoted is pretty much useless since i dont know all the details.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Don't really know what to say. If it went down in the courtroom as the report says, (the video seems not to be working now) surely this is a conspracy, and possibly perjury. Hopefully the judge is going to have a rethink, if not already.
edit on 18-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

This is a travesty of justice. The judge should be hung for condoning the farce. We have two legal systems, one for the poor where there will never be justice EVER! and the other one where who you know or who you can buy will pervert justice!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Asking me about someone being fired and demoted is pretty much useless since i dont know all the details.

Well, it is covered in the link.
Do you think they fired and demoted them because everything that happened here went really well?

As far as the lights go, it is extremely hazardous to drive 102 mph on a highway, that is why police vehicles are equipped with emergency lights.... To warn other drivers that they are driving at unsafe speeds and disregarding traffic signals.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A friend of mine just got 10 years for vehicular homicide. He was traveling in excess of 100 mph on the interstate late at night and caused an accident which killed the driver of the other car.
But my friend was not a cop and didn't 't have any friends in law enforcement or in the judiciary, so he was found guilty and will have to spend the the next ten years behind bars, leaving his wife and 5 year old daughter.
I am not saying that he doesn't deserve the punishment. He killed someone and should have to pay the price.

IMO this cop should face the same punishment. The fact that he gets to walk free is an incredible injustice. My respect for the police diminishes every day.
edit on 2/18/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/18/2013 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Why tf was he going 100mph *without* lights or a siren?? I see this all too often - cops barreling down the road without any warning and I just don't understand it. That's what those things are there for, no - to alert people and prevent an accident. Makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
vigilante justice is the way to deal with cops that abuse their power.
fight fire with fire.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Malcher

Right.

Lets ignore that an investiagtion found him responsible and they fired him for it.

And people wonder why justice is so hard to come by...

I understand what you are saying but it is still an accident. If someone is getting murdered then it is ok to drive 100mph? He was responding to a serious call.

Adding: i have no connection with any law enforcement at all.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

If he as responding to someone getting murdered his negligence caused him to crash which resulted in one dead in the accident and one murdered.. you are not really presenting a good case here
edit on 18-2-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So, what poor person down the line, in vehicle maintenance is going to lose his/her job, obviously someone's going to have to sacrifice something, since the trooper doesn't have the balls to do so.
Someone should follow this closely, then offer to write for the person fired, just to see where it goes.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Divine Strake because: 2 Too many to,s in my sentence.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

You couldn't be more right about the "brotherhood" aspect of it. They make up the majority of many police forces, and it doesn't stop there, they also can be found in positions of high power in almost every powerful corporation/organization right up through the government and above where they sit holding the damn strings to the whole thing. They protect their own and their interests at almost any cost. There can never truly be justice and reform in society and the grand scheme of things as long as the "brotherhood" controls the outcome of our future...and their own.

edit on 18-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The state is going to come down on these guys because of the obvious and embarrassing court display that they put on.

Besides firing the officer involved in the crash, they have also fired the Troops commanding officer, and demoted the Sargent, who should have covered the court hearing, to a trooper. Six other officers are under investigation relating the what happened in the courtroom.

It might still work out that justice is served, but it shows that you cannot trust these departments to conduct investigations on themselves.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I'm always neutral in voicing any opinion given by any Moderator, but I will say that the 'Voice of Reason' has prevailed here with the Mod's comment.

This display of injustice has not gone unnoticed. We can all hope justice will be served.
One thing is certain, unless the officer was taken away unconscious, he will forever remember the carnage caused on his watch, his error in judgment and the outright unnecessary death that HE alone caused. PTSD comes to mind, or replaying the scene in his mind from time to time. I believe he has his curse. Even evading prosecution, he can never empty his mind of this tragedy.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
We'll see who is laughing when he finds himself in civil court defending himself from a lawsuit seeking compensatory and punitive damages due to his negligence. He will be an indentured servant to these families for the rest of his miserable life!

And more importantly, this will very likely be the outcome. Additionally, the court scene will very likely be the nail in his coffin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join