It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHARGES DISMISSED: State trooper- 100mph; kills one woman; injures another; child through windshield

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Dismissed: State trooper beats citations in fatal crash

The car barreled down a county road at more than 100 mph before it slammed into a Mitsubishi Galant, killing one woman, seriously injuring another and hurtling a child through the windshield.

At the wheel of the speeding vehicle: an on-duty Florida Highway Patrol trooper.

FHP found the trooper, Detrick McClellan, at fault in the horrific crash, fired him, and cited him with three traffic violations.

But when his case came up in court, the trooper who issued the citations wasn't there. Another trooper in attendance said that though he couldn't represent the agency, he would not object to dismissing the tickets, and the judge did just that.

McClellan walked out with no consequences, and even got handshakes from his fellow law enforcement officers.

Newest outrage of the day...

Pathetic system we call justice.

Be sure to check out the video at the link.... They think it's all funny.

edit on 17-2-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just one more instance of the many when Police are treated as above the law. I can't even get angry anymore, just sad and a little depressed at it all.

People keep denying the Police State but when stuff like this can happen where the Police control the outcome of their own crime and punishment, what else is it but a Police State?

A Police State isn't just about control of the sheep, it's also about being able to kill those sheep without consequences even tho it is clearly against the law to kill sheep.

I'm not going to shout "Stand & Deliver!" or "We must march!" etc. Those are war cries that serve for the moment. I'll just say that I know in my gut what's coming and the sheep handlers should lock their doors at night because I don't believe that an announcement will be made.

Just a gut feeling.

Peace

edit on 17-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

More evidence of the Banana Republic we apparently have always been.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The whole system was flawed from the get go...it relies on self investigation and self accountability from organizations that openly express themselves as a "brotherhood" no different than a "gang"...This gang wears colors and uses extortion, kidnapping and ransom to generate revenue to get bigger and bigger...

IT IS A GANG...it looks like one, acts like one, and functions like one...Its all an illusion people, the justifications and premise for these "systems" fell on its ass a long long time ago.

organized crime wasn't stomped out...it was accepted as the new platform for which government would function. They could NOT beat organized crime...so they joined them.

the abuse of this flawed system is just getting more and more rampant. I believe the abuse is more and more rampant because they no longer fear the people. They don't fear being held accountable. They know they have the trump card...and its the "brotherhood" protecting itself.

When the process of fighting crime does more damage/harm than the crimes said process is trying to prevent...then the justification for the process is lost.

wewillblowyourmind.blogspot.com...

edit on 17-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If police take too long to respond people complain then too, it was an accident and he was on duty. . I dont see how it shows them to be above the law since they are allowed to go above the speed limit when responding to a call.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
If police take too long to respond people complain then too, it was an accident and he was on duty. . I dont see how it shows them to be above the law since they are allowed to go above the speed limit when responding to a call.

that is not an excuse...

I'm pretty sure going 100mph on the road killing one person injuring others did far more damage than the crime that officer was on his way to address...

regardless the officer still didn't make it to the original call that inspired him to be Dale Earnhardt...so not only did the danger from that call STILL not get addressed...he killed and injured others on top of it...

and these people are supposed to be the societal epitome of "good decision makers"...tiz why we give them such a ridiculous amount of power and authority...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We'll see who is laughing when he finds himself in civil court defending himself from a lawsuit seeking compensatory and punitive damages due to his negligence. He will be an indentured servant to these families for the rest of his miserable life!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Right.

Lets ignore that an investiagtion found him responsible and they fired him for it.

And people wonder why justice is so hard to come by...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

that is not an excuse...

I'm pretty sure the damage done by going 100mph on the road killing one person injuring others did far more damage than the crime that officer was on his way to address...

regardless the officer still didn't make it to the original call that inspired him to be Dale Earnhardt...so not only did the danger from that call STILL no get addressed...he killed and injured others on top of it...

and these people are supposed to be the societal epitome of "good decision makers"...tiz why we give them such a ridiculous amount of power and authority...

Let's not forget:

Accelerating with no emergency lights

But more importantly is the fact that he just couldn't make it to a court appearance that may have had dire consequences on his life, freedom, career etc. Why wasn't a warrant issued for his arrest when he didn't appear? Many other cops were there but he couldn't be?

It was planned to end this way I believe.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

No he wont.

The truth is he becomes nothing more than an uncollectable debt. Hardly justice, imo.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Malcher

Right.

Lets ignore that an investiagtion found him responsible and they fired him for it.

And people wonder why justice is so hard to come by...

I understand what you are saying but it is still an accident. If someone is getting murdered then it is ok to drive 100mph? He was responding to a serious call.

Adding: i have no connection with any law enforcement at all.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Now that's what I call horse puckey! Years ago State Troopers came to my house in the middle of the night and arrested me for an unpaid insurance ticket, and yet a police officer is let off the hook without even a fine after killing someone? How on Earth is THAT justice?

link   
reply to post by loam

It's not that simple Loam... He will have garnishments and the like. I know someone personally who is going through something similar - caused an accident and was sued in civil court. Lost and owed $250,000 that he didn't have. For the past 8 years his tax refunds have been garnished and his wages are garnished. These is some company that oversees the disbursements to the victim.

Not that it makes this any more palatable - but in the end, some form of justice will prevail.

link   
reply to post by Malcher

So a physician has no responsibility to perform his duties in a non-negligent manner as long as he is trying to do something important?
edit on 17-2-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Like I said, at best he becomes an uncollectable debt.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Some details from the article:

he responded to a call about someone throwing rocks from an overpass.

Accelerating with no emergency lights, the trooper reached 102 mph in his Crown Victoria, heading toward a curve with a recommended speed limit of 35 mph, according to FHP records. Coming the other way was the Mitsubishi with two women and a 12-year-old girl, on their way home to Quincy after picking the child up from school

He had NO EMERGENCY LIGHTS on rounding a curve posted for 35MPH.

At Fault??

That's a freakin' understatement.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Very little to add to the excellent comments already posted but would like to thank the OP for posting the story as it is always important to highlight corruption or miscarriages of justice wherever and whenever they occur.

I will also be sharing this story with family and friends as I feel this is the least we in the ATS community can do for those that have suffered travesty's of justice such as this.

Finally,my thoughts are with the families left devastated by the reckless driving of the state trooper in this particularly distressing and equally disturbing case.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well here we have another cop that killed someone illegally, but legally beat the charge.

What if it happened to him, by just your average civilian. Ya know in a rush....100 mph in a 35mph zone.

Anndddd just happened to run over one of his loved ones.

No no lets say its another cop that runs over his loved one and kills him/her.

I wonder what his actions would be if the defendant got off the hook.

Lol hypocrites and murderers the whole lot of them.

edit on 17-2-2013 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If that had been my family, none of the authorities involved in, or overseeing that trial, would live to see another year. There would be a lot of "accidents", for sure.

Oh no, I'm such a cop hater, I'm so irrational, blah blah.

To be honest, the fellow cop who failed to testify should be brought up on serious charges. Failing to testify as a bystander witness, in my opinion.
edit on 17-2-2013 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Sly1one

that is not an excuse...

I'm pretty sure the damage done by going 100mph on the road killing one person injuring others did far more damage than the crime that officer was on his way to address...

regardless the officer still didn't make it to the original call that inspired him to be Dale Earnhardt...so not only did the danger from that call STILL no get addressed...he killed and injured others on top of it...

Let's not forget:

Accelerating with no emergency lights

But more importantly is the fact that he just couldn't make it to a court appearance that may have had dire consequences on his life, freedom, career etc. Why wasn't a warrant issued for his arrest when he didn't appear? Many other cops were there but he couldn't be?

It was planned to end this way I believe.

Peace

I couldn't agree more...it was indeed planned to end this way...and THAT is what I was referring to when I was saying the "brotherhood" protects itself...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join