It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a felon, I've served my time...can I have my rights back please?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

YOU wont stop forcing me to talk about myself, why?

YOU wont address anyone else about what they have present, why?

YOU only want to badger ME. Thats it. If you have such a negetive view of me, then why cant you address the the rest of the issue without addressing me?

Its really simple, you didnt come here to address the issue you came hear to judge me. Im not talking about myself unless im answering your questions.

he government is no longer limited in its authority over my life. A simple background check or name ran puts my life at risk every time. This is disturbing on many levels. I could essentially be put in jail for anything and because of my record my testimony will not be upheld in court. I know I know... This is my fault. But I'm an American citizen!

I can't own a gun. Well, apparently the constitution only protects those in favor of the courts. If you can't see how this is flawed then I don't know what to tell you. Think in today's judicial prejudice how easy it is to fall out of favor with the courts.

This is pretty much my biggest gripe. How is it that the constitution was written to limit the authority of the government but it doesn't limit the authority of the government for those who commit crimes? The same government who defines the crime.... How is this possible?

If we change any law to create a crime that shouldn't be a crime can we effectively eliminate all gun owners by removing their rights for commiting a crime deemed worthy of the elimination of constitutional rights? Was this document created to apply to everyone within the republic or only those deemed worthy?

Here is the rest of my OP. Can you have a conversation about any of it with the determination of proving to everyone that im a bad guy?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Congratulations on quitting drinking.

If you like hunting, you should consider bow hunting. Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Thanks.

I have been. Im actually going to give it a shot and it looks fun as a matter of fact, I pretty much wrote this thread in the heat of the moment from my phone. I didnt realize it was such a hot topic.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yes, it's a very hot topic. Now you know.
People make choices and have to deal with the consequences. This doesn't always relate to crimes either. There are lots of people out there, myself included, that have to learn to deal with the results of their choices and the restrictions it places on their lives. That's just life.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Oh, i will admit i did react strongly to your first post. The only thing i can really disagree with you on there is killing felons.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yes, it's a very hot topic. Now you know. People make choices and have to deal with the consequences. This doesn't always relate to crimes either. There are lots of people out there, myself included, that have to learn to deal with the results of their choices and the restrictions it places on their lives. That's just life.

Words of wisdom.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think what ill do next time is present the idea through another story, ill google it and see if anyone else has an article about it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You seem as though you probably succumb to the "heat of the moment" more times than not.
Please, learn to meditate, get a handle on your emotions, and practice counting to 10. It will do you a world of good and save you, and probably those around you, much heartache. Best of luck with everything!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Actually i do meditate.

In person im much more withdrawn and a lot less vocal. Most people tend to call me timid or shy. I cant remember the last time i got angry.

Dont misstake me as being angry im just engaging. I think theres a difference but maybe im wrong?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm not just talking about the emotion of anger. I'm talking about whenever you get excited about something.
You stated above that you posted this thread in the "heat of the moment" and this cued me into the possibility that you probably live life according to your emotions and let them control your actions. Good to hear that you meditate. Stick with it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Your right. I do tend to be emotionally charged. I guess this is something i need to work on.

Anger used to be my demon. Trust me i worked through that. Although i wont say it doesnt try to come back once in a while.

Im sure that i have another demon to fight but its still hidden and subtle and i havent had to face it yet.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It's good that you can admit this and remember that you're not alone. I'm also a victim of my emotions many times and it's not a fun way to handle things. Especially when your logic kicks in after your emotions have taken a back seat and your logical mind takes the reigns, then there's the "oops!" Yeah, not fun. Much of my anxiety is caused by my acting before allowing my excitement to fade first. It's like a roller coaster that only you create and control. I'm sure you truly want to be a good person, but facing obstacles that you create is never fun. I often feel like my own worst enemy and just need to remember to slow down and breathe. It's always a challenge and I'm glad you see it in yourself and learn to get a handle on it. It's a constant battle inside myself, but it's never going to go away. It's just the way I am. Especially when something looks so good and positive, I have to force myself to step back and take a second look before I let me get away from myself. It's all good and I always mean well, but I always have to remind myself that my logical mind is stunted by my emotions and just have to hang back until I cool down and think rationally. Life is not a race and things don't have to be dealt with right away.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by kthxbai

YOU wont stop forcing me to talk about myself, why?

YOU wont address anyone else about what they have present, why?

YOU only want to badger ME. Thats it. If you have such a negetive view of me, then why cant you address the the rest of the issue without addressing me?

Its really simple, you didnt come here to address the issue you came hear to judge me. Im not talking about myself unless im answering your questions.
Here is the rest of my OP. Can you have a conversation about any of it with the determination of proving to everyone that im a bad guy?

You started the thread about you and that's what I'm addressing. That's what people do on threads. The thread is about the issue you had and the result that you want so that's what I'm discussing.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Oh, i will admit i did react strongly to your first post. The only thing i can really disagree with you on there is killing felons.

That was actually in response to someone else (see, I was addressing what others said as well). He/She sarcastically said something about executing the felons and I pointed out the money and time that would be saved by doing so and said that although I wouldn't campaign for it, I wouldn't oppose it due to those reasons.

I am glad you are seeing that it's the issue presented that I am discussing and not you in particular. It's just that the issue centers around your experience with it and that's the topic of the thread so that's what's being discussed.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

First off let me start by apologizing for the way i respond to your first post.

I may have been lacking some oxygen in my brain from an intense training session. (if youll allow me to make an excuse here).

And, ok i can deal with that. Im exhausted and falling asleep so thats pretty much all i have to offer right now.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

THAT post makes me like you more.

In fact, your last few posts...

It makes you appear MUCH more healthy than was the case at the start of your thread.

Look, one thing I've been wanting to say to you is STOP making your PAST problems part of your CURRENT ones. You say you made a mistake. Fine. Move on and let the resentment about the consequences (whatever they might be) melt away. You seem dangerously close to using it as an excuse for your future actions or inaction...

THAT would be another mistake.

Growth is often simply about just moving forward, in addition to overcoming the past. It seems like you just might be able to do that. Take the long view.

Good luck.

My best to you.

edit on 21-2-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sometimes, things happen. When I was but a young idiot abroad, or bored, I found myself in serious trouble with the law. I sold some stolen military grade assault weapons to an informant(NARC) and my life was over. I was convicted of a felony. I might as well have ripped my birth certificate up and forgot about it, but I didn't. You see, after I paid for my crime, and believe you me, I paid dearly for it in many ways, including almost 800 hours of community service, I got to thinking to. If I got caught hunting, I was going to prison. If I got caught carrying a gun in any way, a convicted felon with a gun is going to prison. I wanted my rights back. I paid for my crime in full so why not??

I went and talked to a scumbag, smart a%%ed lawyer who wouldn't help me. I kinda gave up. All this just because I wouldn't rat out the idiot who gave me the guns to sell. I took the fall for somebody else, but it doesn't matter, I should've known better. What I want is my right back to carry concealed, but again, In order to do that, I have to reach thousands that I don't have to some scumbag attorney to try and help, and there's no guarantee that I will win, but you can guarantee that scumbag will keep my money.

As long as it isn't rape, murder, or a violent attack against someone, I think people who paid for their crime in full should be able to apply for their rights back, like nothing ever happened, and should be able to file without having to hire some money-grubbin', demon lawyer(did I mention I hate these scumbags?).

I'm all for reinstation of convicted felons' rights. Someone's life shouldn't be ruined forever for a mistake. We all make mistakes, some dumber than others. I want my integrity back. I know some here will say that I shouldn't have commited the crime, but to you I say: I paid for it in full. Could you please let me have my rights back so that I don't get caught when I'm hunting and go to prison and my kids end up being fatherless? I promise, I have not been in trouble before, nor since this incident 20 years ago.

If not, then oh well! I'll still keep on living life doing what I'm doing. No biggy, no biggy.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Originally posted by Fylgje
As long as it isn't rape, murder, or a violent attack against someone...

Your case sounds different then from the OPs situation. I assume you think his act qualified as a violent attack?

But I am confused about something. You were selling arms abroad?

edit on 21-2-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You didn't? I suppose you need to re-read some of your recent posts since I've read them and if I was someone looking into this would state that as a reason to never give you a firearm.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

Thanks for the drilling but I don't think any of this has sunk into his head. I've yet to see a detailed outline of what happened or pretty much any information about what this whole thread was started about. A lot of round about answers that give no definitive proof as to why he should get his rights back but I've done enough digging to realize he shouldn't. Again your being reasonable but sadly the person we're discussing here doesn't seem to have much reason or much balls of any kind. He hides behind his 'claims' and doesn't present ANY concrete information whatsoever. Like most felons he places the blames on others or other situations, bad attorney, wrong place wrong time, one punch, etc. etc. etc. Take care my friend and try not to expend too much more energy on this it's not worth it.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join