It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a felon, I've served my time...can I have my rights back please?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by LoverBoy

I didn't blame anything on alchohol I simply state a fact, alchohol was involved. You ask for details then say I am using te details as an excuse. If you don't think alchohol impairs judgement then your in denial.

I wanted attention? What are you talking about, why are you on this forum? Don't read the thread. I personally think there has been a lot of constructive debate in this thread from a lot of members go aren't interested in attacking me personally and riding a high horse of judgement claiming their innocence.

I know you e had lapse in judgement or made poorly thought out snap descions in your life. You know how I know this? Because everyone does.
edit on 20-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Committing a felony is much more than a "lapse in judgment". "Snap decisions" usually don't result in sucker punching someone and breaking their jaw. Other peoples lapses in judgment and snap decisions usually result in very minor things, yours resulted in a felony. As a result, you lose some of the rights that non-felons have as well as the right to own a gun due to your poor judgment and poor decisions.

I've gone four decades without ever sucker punching anyone, without ever attacking someone physically out of anger, without committing a crime, without ever going to jail. It's not a complicated or difficult thing to do. In fact, it takes effort to do something that would end up with a felony conviction.

The only problem I see on the part of the "system" in this instance is that you only spent 6 months in jail. It should have been much, much longer with a system set up to help you learn what proper responses would be, how to conduct yourself in society, training for a job that would allow you to be hired and how to control your temper.

....either that or do what someone said earlier and go ahead and execute felons and get it over with. I hate to see the loss of life, but I prefer it to be the loss of a felon's life as opposed to the life of an innocent person. (not saying I want to see you dead, don't take it that way, but if they were to execute fairly convicted felons, I wouldn't oppose it)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by NoJoker13

This thread isn't about me and you damn well better believe I'm not on trial here and I'm not goi g to answer your out f line comments and questions like your some kind of judge. I've already served my time and I've already been on trial you have no business telling me what I'm guilty of.

I did not start this tread asking this community or any to judge the details of my case. Get that right. I start this thread to engage a conversation about the topic at hand, which if you red past the first sentence in y op you would have conceptualized more clearly.

Actually....
The title of the thread is "I'm a felon, I've served my time...can I have my rights back please?"

That pretty well means it IS about you, you ARE asking for "judgment".

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I'm at work posting on an iPhone so it may be hard to read at times.

You have a job and own an IPhone, you seem to be doing much better than other people I know who have never been arrested in their lives.

No sympathy for this, no way.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

Look I've put up with indiscriminate attacks repeatedly. So call it what you want but I'm just Calling it like it is. If all you can do is resort to personal attacks and baseless claims that are made on a few sentences made then t is what it is. Stupidity is a choice. It's a choice to remain ignorant and a choice I not open your mind and in this case judge someone and something you really truly don't know or understand.

PERIOD.

Untill you are willing to do what you Are asking of me ten how dare you judge me.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

Wow. I can't believe the ATS community. Obviously I'm drawing information from my personal experience.

Why is it that I can't talk about my personal experience, however vague and use it as a catalyst for conversation without you making this somehow about me and not discussing the topics at hand like so many other members?

Get a clue. I'm not changing my stance either address the issues present by me in my op and other members or go to a different thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by kthxbai

Look I've put up with indiscriminate attacks repeatedly. So call it what you want but I'm just Calling it like it is. If all you can do is resort to personal attacks and baseless claims that are made on a few sentences made then t is what it is. Stupidity is a choice. It's a choice to remain ignorant and a choice I not open your mind and in this case judge someone and something you really truly don't know or understand.

PERIOD.

Untill you are willing to do what you Are asking of me ten how dare you judge me.

Anything and everything I have said has come directly from the thread YOU created about what YOU did and what YOU are asking a question about. Refer to the title "I'm a felon, I've served my time.... can I have my rights back please?". The answer is NO, you can't. I have clearly stated why.

If you didn't want people to respond, you shouldn't have created a thread about it. Yes, stupidity is a choice, I chose against it, you chose for it. You clearly asked for "judgment" in your title and opening post. Now you don't want it because it isn't the answer you had hoped for.

These aren't personal attacks, they are comments on the discussion being held. It is not my fault that you are unable to discern that. I'm not asking anything of you, I'm commenting on the statements made. YOU are the one asking, you made the thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

You don't know I sucker punched anyone. You also don't know I was angry. Your so ignorant of what happened your clueless and making false accusations and baseless claims.

But go ahead, keep attacking me because I admit that I'm a felon and I won't disclose evey detail of what happened. I have a right to be vague and to maintain some semblance of privacy while still using the most basic details of my case a a catalyst.

Think of it like this...

This one time my friend this and that. I bet if I present the thread under a different context without your knowledge of it being me you wouldn't be attacking me right now for defending myself.

Yeah I do have an iPhone and it took me years of hard work and a relentless approach to findog a good job to he it. I earned it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Don't post on a public forum if you don't like people calling you out. It's the name of the game man. How were you in the military when you lose your cool online? I did two tours in Iraq and of course get judged for it on a constant basis. Who cares though if you put it out there prepare for it. Only difference is I don't deceive people and withhold information about it when confronted.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

Your so clueless. I've had perfectly civil conversations with people in this very thread who apple my position without resorting to nonsensical and baseless claims that are derived as an attack on me because I put myself out there bs made myself vulnerable. So why do t you, instead read the entire thread and take part in te discussions that have been extremely constructive and informing rather then coming here reading a few post , the title of my thread a d making me the subject of your attack because I'm an easy target now,

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

It's cool all three of you can gang up on me like a bunch I bullies without addressing any real issues or any other members in this thread. I will continue to hold y position of privacy, because honestly the case want open and # like you think but that's not the point.

If you don't like me, the don't read my thread. If you can't address the content of the thread rather then addressing the author, then I'm sorry you lack those basic reasoning skills.

This is as far is ill take the conversation with the three o you unless...

Oh yea unless...

You take the time to tea the entire thread and respond to all of the content of the thread with the same vigor as you attack me.

Then I will debate with you all night.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

I'm not looking for sympathy and if your as simple minded as to not understand that this is a major political issue for millions of Americans, yes there are many millions of us then I don't know what to tell you.

I want equal Rights and opportunity after I complete everything the judge orders me to period and I'm not alone

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I stood before many judges, and da 27 times over the course of a year after firing multiple pd with a co defendant. We went over every damn detail of this case with a fine tooth comb at my request and I PLEAD guilty and admit the gbi. I was facing 5 years in prison and did six months because of the effort I put in. I did this after losing my fighting career while homeless with no support.

You dare come in here and challenge the nature of my character?

I DIDN'T include details so that I could have a measure of anonymity and so that this thread wasn't about me. If I wanted this to be about me I would have include more details period.

Now get with it or get on.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by kthxbai

You don't know I sucker punched anyone. You also don't know I was angry. Your so ignorant of what happened your clueless and making false accusations and baseless claims.

Yes, I do know that because I have read what you have written.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hit someone once while i was drinking, there was already an ongoing battle between two other people. Lets just say that it was an oddball case. There was alchohol involved and it had an overall influence over the entire situation on all sides.

There was alcohol involved and you broke into a fight that didn't concern you and punched him. That is a sucker punch.

The reason i was charged with a felony is because the victim had his cheek bone break. I hit him once. The other factor was i was registered with the athletic commission as a professional fighter and that got out during the case.

You broke his cheek bone and you were a registered professional fighter.

Nah i would never hurt someone unless it was either fight or flight or during an extremely explosive and high stress situation.

You did hurt him, so it was an extremely explosive and high stress situation. Anger was involved.

I have assault with a deadly weapon (fist) ad great bodily injury due to a break of his cheekbone.

I hit someone. Their face broke. I got charged with assault ad great bodily injury. I plead guilty.

These are your own words, saying you were angry and you sucker punched him. It's pretty clear cut.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

reply to post by kthxbai

Your so clueless. I've had perfectly civil conversations with people in this very thread who apple my position without resorting to nonsensical and baseless claims that are derived as an attack on me because I put myself out there bs made myself vulnerable. So why do t you, instead read the entire thread and take part in te discussions that have been extremely constructive and informing rather then coming here reading a few post , the title of my thread a d making me the subject of your attack because I'm an easy target now,

I HAVE read the entire thread, as you can clearly see since I quoted many of your posts from various pages of it....

"apple my position" ???

I have been taking part in the discussion and am doing so right this moment. This is what a discussion is. It seems you don't want a discussion, you want people to feel sorry for you and find a way to get you out of the mess you got yourself into. I'd go even further to say I have seen the same type of behaviors from bullies who get the tables turned on them. When they are doing something it's fine, but when they are no longer the one in charge, they whine and cry and play the victim.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

reply to post by kthxbai

I'm not looking for sympathy and if your as simple minded as to not understand that this is a major political issue for millions of Americans, yes there are many millions of us then I don't know what to tell you.

I want equal Rights and opportunity after I complete everything the judge orders me to period and I'm not alone

I have directly addressed only what you have said on here and have done so without "insulting you". You come back and throw insults like "simple minded" and claim I don't understand when clearly I do understand and it's very obvious that my intellect is superior to yours from grammatical structure alone.

It's a shame that it's a "political issue" since you are not permitted to participate in politics due to your felony status. If anything of the nature ever did come up on the ballot, you wouldn't be able to vote for or against it, now would you?

Again, typical bully behavior. When you are clearly losing an argument you resort to personal attacks, call the other side stupid without any evidence, try to change the subject and play the victim.

Those rights were taken away for a reason and they will remain out of your reach due to your felony.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I stood before many judges, and da 27 times over the course of a year after firing multiple pd with a co defendant. We went over every damn detail of this case with a fine tooth comb at my request and I PLEAD guilty and admit the gbi. I was facing 5 years in prison and did six months because of the effort I put in. I did this after losing my fighting career while homeless with no support.

You dare come in here and challenge the nature of my character?

I DIDN'T include details so that I could have a measure of anonymity and so that this thread wasn't about me. If I wanted this to be about me I would have include more details period.

Now get with it or get on.

Any decision on your character is a direct result of your participation in this thread. Your own actions, your own words, your own comments as this is the first time I have seen you on the site. So yes, from this thread that YOU created, the nature of your character is quite clear.

If you didn't want it to be about you, why did you use the terms "I" and "my" 5 times in the title alone?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Their face broke

I missed reading this part on whatever page it was on. This isn't grandma's vase you accidently knocked over.
You can't even say that you caused this. In your mind, it's as if you looked at the guy and his face cracked in two. Add this to the fact that you put the word 'victim' in quotation marks on the first page.
Admit it. You're just sorry you got busted. The way you're discussing the incident, it seems as though you don't even remember pummeling the guy. Was this because you were drunk or in a blind rage? Maybe both?
Then, you mentioned that your actions ruined your fighting career? Have your hands been determined to be lethal weapons like most boxers? Why do you need a gun if you are such a good fighter? Why can't you be happy with the fact that you are way ahead of the game of self defense than others are? I and others aren't capable of defending ourselves with just our hands, so stop crying!

I do have just onequestion for you: Do you still drink?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Get ready to be labeled troll number 4 lol
You do bring up good points though, the victim in quotations is what told the story for me.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I missed reading this part on whatever page it was on. This isn't grandma's vase you accidently knocked over.

How did you miss it?

You can't even say that you caused this. In your mind, it's as if you looked at the guy and his face cracked in two. Add this to the fact that you put the word 'victim' in quotation marks on the first page. Admit it. You're just sorry you got busted. The way you're discussing the incident, it seems as though you don't even remember pummeling the guy. Was this because you were drunk or in a blind rage? Maybe both?

I guess you should read the thread where i already addressed that issue.

Then, you mentioned that your actions ruined your fighting career? Have your hands been determined to be lethal weapons like most boxers?

Yes.

Why do you need a gun if you are such a good fighter?

I dont need a gun. I dont even want one i just want to use my brothers when we go hunting.

I do have just onequestion for you: Do you still drink?

No, i will admit it took awhile to get a handle on that but i did.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

It's a shame that it's a "political issue" since you are not permitted to participate in politics due to your felony status. If anything of the nature ever did come up on the ballot, you wouldn't be able to vote for or against it, now would you?

Thanks.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join