It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a felon, I've served my time...can I have my rights back please?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

You are a violent felon who has yet to accept personal responsibility and accountibility for your actions. You lost some of your rights the night you decided to harm someone. I am glad you won't be owning a gun as you aren't mature enough for the responsibility.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I've already been convicted just incase your wondering.

Also the nature of my character is not defined by one act alone.

I am not on trial in this thread ive already gone through that.
edit on 20-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

How have I not accept personal responsibility? Are you really that clueless? Not only have I accept personal responsibility I've put myself out there to initiate a political conversation because I feel like I'm under persecution by the system.

Yea I did do something stupid and yeah I have paid and continue to pay the price for it and will continue to do so. I will also continue to stand up for myself. I don't deserve to lose my life over what happened. No one does.

I bet you you have been give. Second chances many times in your life.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Are you clueless? You blamed it on alcohol in an earlier post, you downplayed your victims situation...Many people have tried to help you here so 29 pages of "I'm a felon!!! I deserve my rights back!!!" is enough for me. Try to understand this though, its very valuable. You do not have the right to own a firearm and it isn't likely you ever will, so for once, I thank the system for punishing someone who has no self control.

You wanted attention when you made the thread, you got 29 pages of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I didn't blame anything on alchohol I simply state a fact, alchohol was involved. You ask for details then say I am using te details as an excuse. If you don't think alchohol impairs judgement then your in denial.

I wanted attention? What are you talking about, why are you on this forum? Don't read the thread. I personally think there has been a lot of constructive debate in this thread from a lot of members go aren't interested in attacking me personally and riding a high horse of judgement claiming their innocence.

I know you e had lapse in judgement or made poorly thought out snap descions in your life. You know how I know this? Because everyone does.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
OP - I do not judge you, I have been in hundreds of fights and I've been arrested several times. I usually got disorderly conduct or public intox. A few were battery charges, but I beat conviction on those. I am not a felon. I simply have a personality that is suited to violence. Suited not prone. I have lived my life as an anti-bully as a result of being an under-sized child.

You said that you hit someone and said two others were already in an altercation. Did you "jump in" a fight due to alcohol? Were more than just three people fighting? Were more than two people charged (I would assume the person you helped was charged as well)?

As to punishment: Did you receive the full punishment for the crime you were charged with? Did you serve all of the time you were sentenced to?

Again, I do not judge. It just seems (based on the first few pages), that you grouped up on a victim, overpowered him, and kicked him while he was down. That is 100% speculation and I apologize if I am way off. This would be the reason you were charged with a felony and now have a "no contact" order against you. If that is the case then I say you should not own a firearm as you took a bully role and that is usually ingrained into a person.

I never fought an out numbered foe, I never continued to fight when a man was down, and I never fought if I could help it. Perhaps that is why I have most often drank a beer with my opponent after the fight, or faced a much lesser charge. Battery only became an issue when property was damaged and/or a person got hurt while standing up.

Did you post here because you think you should be treated differently or that all felons should be able to own a firearm? Where in your mind is the line that a violent crime is a life long brand?

Sorry if all this has been said already. 29 pages is a lot to sift through.
edit on 20-2-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Yes the other person was charged but his family got him a lawyer. I hit the guy once is wear to god. Ill say it again there are a few reasons why I got charged the way I did, one was because of the injury, the other was because of y training. I served 2/3 time. So four on six. I ende doing a little more. Because I refused to go to the worker barracks. I start the thread as a rant kind of. My stance is that people should be punished according to the crime.

How about this... I can continue training and fighting but I can't own a gun or participate in politics even though I pay taxes. My record follows me everywhere and continues to cause me unnecessary problems during traffick stops and makes it hard for me to remain gainfully employeed.

My buddy was losing the fight but I probably used excessive force. I could have do e some jiu jitsu and caused way less damage.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Ask around and see if you can get into a child rehab program in your area. I am not sure about the laws.

This will serve several functions:

1 - it will allow you to keep this from happening to someone else (maybe)
2 - It will allow you to network with LEO in the area (maybe judges)
3 - increase humility (always a good thing)
4 - give you something substantial to add to your request for expungement

Do not go into this process thinking you are the victim. If you do you will not help yourself or anyone else. I do believe in second chances, but I believe they should be earned.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Oh I agree they need to be earned. Good suggestion. I have learned some hard lessons in personal responsibility over the years. I don't really think I'm a victim in this situation what I'm saying is when do I get to stop payi g for this crime if ever? When am I reasonably punished?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Again clearly you've been convicted, I'm saying you still FEEL guilty and still clearly pussy foot around about the subject. Yes one act doesn't define one's character, but when that one act is against another human being it out ways much of the other ones. In my eyes your avoidance of the questions, lack of attention to detail, and overall lack of empathy for the situation would lead me to keep you on the same list as the other criminals. IF I was a judge you'd have lost your chance. So time to switch your tactics I suppose, since what your currently doing is a load of bull #.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

What are you talking about?

My lack of attention to detail? I know exactly what happened and its none of your damn business to be honest. This thread isn't about me and you damn well better believe I'm not on trial here and I'm not goi g to answer your out f line comments and questions like your some kind of judge. I've already served my time and I've already been on trial you have no business telling me what I'm guilty of.

You know nothing about my "empathy". Like I owe you some kind of apology. Get out of her with your attitude it's crap.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Your attitude comes across in print exactly like the attitudes of the MMA guys I know. Short tempered and quick to act with out thinking. Are you really like this? Dont know, all we can see is the print. And the print doesnt make you look like someone who needs to own a gun.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Excuse me, have you read thread? I've revealed myself in an attempt to engage in political discourse and I've been interrogate and talked down to like a dog, judge and told how muh of a piece of crap I am.

I will stand up for myself and you better believe it.

Your damn right I won't be bullied.

My attitude has been very forthcoming and polite for the entirety of the thread up until now where I will make my point loud and clear.

I did not start this tread asking this community or any to judge the details of my case. Get that right. I start this thread to engage a conversation about the topic at hand, which if you red past the first sentence in y op you would have conceptualized more clearly.

Why is it that so many other members, including moderators and othe well respected members like true American among others understood the point of this topic but other such as yourself and above poster are only interested in demeaning and attacking me?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Sorry that you made a decision to commit a violent act, but, no, you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.
On the first page, you put the word 'victim' in quotes indicating that you aren't sorry that you hurt this person. You stated that they were beating someone else when you started beating on them, but the smart and mature thing to do would've been to restrain them. Not beat the living crap out them.

Then, I look under your name and see "Bully SMASH".
No, you are still not in control of yourself and don't need to be armed. Get a slingshot or a potato launcher if you feel the need to own something that will hurt someone while you're defending your family.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I in no way attacked you. I was pointing out how your responses look in print.

As to if felons should be allowed to earn back their rights, no, I dont believe they should. The legal system is overloaded as it is. And as I stated in a post back on page 26 (I think). What if you did get your rights back, and a few years later punched somebody again, or shot them? What then? Would you do 5-10 and then want your rights back again?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt on how I quote the word victim that was poorly thought out.

Aside from that you can't sit at your desk claiming I should feel bad or I should he more empathy over what happened because you don't know what happened.

Your answer to that is going to be because I'm hiding something or because I'm not telling the truth or whatever type of misdirection "you" meaning whoever is asking me for details so they can personally asses weather or not I deserve this or that or I've payed my dues or whatever. What you do t realize is that my case was already judge and that's not up for discussion. I'm already guilty. Don't you realize that? You can deduce hat by reading the title of the thread.

Your still not addressing anything else that was presented by me or anyone else in this thread logically, your attacking me as a person with under the guise of my lack of empathy or the fact that I'm not willing to take responsibility for something I already took responsibility for a long time ago.

So forgive me if some of my responses seem somewhat jaded or insensitive to my victim.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I was not the member who mentioned the way you put victim in quotes. In fact looking at the rest of your above post I dont think any of it applies to me.

But, please answer my question above.

edit on 20-2-2013 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

There are no gaurentees. You already know this though. In fact there are no gaurentees that someone won't do this in the first place.

I get what your saying with your question and I'm sorry for the strong response that was somewhat generally directed at anyone who wishes to engage me personally. I apologize for that.

Now I ask you.. What could I do to prove myself, what would be enough?

Also

Have you ever made bad choices and how did you recover from them?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Have you read your own thread? Just wondering because anyone who disagrees with you obviously hasn't "read your thread". The minute you decided to post this thread to a website for any and everyone to read, you knew you would be judged. Especially when you admitted you deceive your employer, as well as fail to post exactly what happened to lay you in jail for a couple of years. Connect the dots...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with anyone disagreeing with me that's not te point. The point your are ONLY interested I'm the details of my case to judge me personally.

Do this... Participate in the other conversation and comment on everything else and then ill continue a mor civilized discussion with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join