It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something flew into and hit the meteorite?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Here, take a look at this video,

Maybe it's a bit far fetched, but it looks like there's something mysteriously appearing out of nowhere from behind and flies into the meteorite on the exact same moment it explodes. Can somebody shed some light on this?
edit on 17-2-2013 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Could that be a little piece of it flying off?

Like you said - hard to say.

peace

CX

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Fragment coming off maybe? It happens.

CX.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Maybe they took several shots at the thing?

DA14 Was Shot? (Video) Not here....out there!

Obviously the last time was a charm.

edit on 17-2-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Maybe the Russians automated missile defense system shot at the meteor.
If it did, they got a pretty good system. Looks like it comes at it from the back. It could be a smaller piece of meteor that isn't slowed down from the friction of the air that comes from behind and runs into it also, causing it to explode.

Good video, someone is observant.
edit on 17-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Maybe it was just a mark on the car window that caught up with the image of the meteorite being filmed through the window, then appeared to vanish as the car turned and reflected the sun's light differently.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Has the speed of that meteor been determined? And if so, what would the speed of that smaller object gaining on it have to be? Could a interceptor man-made reach the speed needed to hit the meteor?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A fragment coming off of it would not fly right back into it. A fragment coming off would lose more off its momentum and just fly off behind it. Funny how little understanding of physics people have when that same concept applies to allot of things in everyday life. If you throw a piece of gum out of your car window its does not fly fly back at your car does it?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Looks like they got it right before it hit. Coast2Coast had a show on it and they said it was shot down, sure looks like it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Yes, but not a missile...

A railgun would do the trick, aided by computer tracking.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

What speeds do a rail-gun projectile travel at?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's a new cold war, The asteroid race. we have gone from nukes to throwing stones at each other again

On a serious note, it looks to me as the the asteroid possibly starts to hit the breaks because of air pressure or something and the back of it starts to fly forward infront of the front of it. like a person going over the handle bars of a bike, but as you can tell Im no physasist.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I can explain this one easily enough. What happened was a piece of it broke away and because it was a small piece it flew backwards due to the main body moving at such velocity. It spun away and then continued to fall in a similar direction gaining speed as it did so. It might have even hit the main body causung more damage hence the explosion effect.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

I think that the gum out of the car window is a bad example to prove that it wasn't a fragment breaking off and then hitting the meterorite.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
Has the speed of that meteor been determined? And if so, what would the speed of that smaller object gaining on it have to be? Could a interceptor man-made reach the speed needed to hit the meteor?

According to an article I read this morning on Yahoo News, NASA upped their first estimates of what the stats on the thing were.

They said that it was traveling at over 40000 MPH when it hit the atmosphere.

Also, the day of the incident a lot of sources from the Russian military were claiming that they shot it down with their batteries.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

OK so my next question would be how much speed was lost on entry, 40,000mph to what? And is there any validity to the Russian claim of hitting something traveling at that speed from behind like it appears in the video? What do they have that could accomplish this?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Dont know,about reflections,windshields of the car,or any other source,looks legit to me ,and i dare to think,that the meteorite,was gonna have a devastated effect on the region,if the speed of impact wasnt altered by that object.Maybe part of Russia will face destruction,that rock was no childs play.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Honestly it looks CG it looks hoaxed to me. I think the video has been doctored. I would have to find the original video online.

add

We do not have anything that could catch up to that thing not even a rail gun.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
if they shot it down they must have knew it was coming......So why wait for it to enter our atmosphere before shooting it down....oh wait...it didn't happen...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

how is that possible when it comes from behind, unless it fell off before the entering of the atmosphere and stayed with it the whole time

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join