It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DA14 Was Shot? (Video) Not here....out there!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

However it maybe a danger on a future orbit. Is it possible that they tried to take it out this time around because of that?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
You could be on to something. There was some speculation that there may be an attempt to direct this asteroid into hitting Earth. I wouldn't be surprised if it leaks out later on to have happened.

Why would they do that? Even the most Draconian depopulation plans would not warrant deliberately getting an asteroid to hit the earth.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Great vid, thanks.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This may have been mentioned, I jumped a couple pages..... Shooting an object in space is nothing like shooting something on earth, in the sky or underwater. When we send something to Mars for example, we don't aim directly at it. We send our "projectile" on an increasing orbit around the sun so that it eventually follows a similar orbit to mars and then catches up to it. Similarly, if...and I use the word if loosely because the motives behind shooting at an asteroid (instead of a rendezvous to study it for example) are in my opinion extreme fringe logic... But, lets say we were to shoot at it. The path of this object is well known and quite accurate with plenty of lead time. The weapon used to shoot down this asteroid would spend days, weeks...in earth orbit nudged into a trajectory that would bring it very close to a rendezvous path. If the projectile is big enough that an amateur astronomer can see it, it stands to reason that the weapon... which must be quite a bit larger could be seen as well. So, where is the weapon? Why is the projectile coming from an unlikely angle for an object whose path is well known? He'll, if we've got such capabilities we could have parked our weapon right behind it, to the side, or out in front of it... What would the motive be vs. a logical motive such as study? Maybe it was aliens? Sure, capable of interstellar travel but can't shoot down a rock that even we can map a path for. Not likely? Planned de-population? Never. When and if depopulation begins it'll be from a group of people who are very deliberate and extremely intelligent (unfortunately for us). The unpredictable outcome of nudging an asteroid into colliding with earth is a plan even an idiot would see is absurd. Add to this we have no idea if this video is even real, and on the off chance that it is we have no idea of telling how close above or below this thing is.... That's just my take on it anyway.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I don't see anything suspicious here. Looks like something passing by in the background just as there was something passing by at the bottom of the screen in the first part of the video.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by onebullet

They deliberately fired at it and deliberately missed it, just to have an ATSer or two creating a thread about it !

More seriously, I tend to agree with your way of thinking, but people like to see conspiracies everywhere and think the government controls everything on earth and beyond, because it's kinda less worrying than if it's something no one has control on or know what it is. It's in human nature. They kinda feel more protected that way, even if they pretend feeling manipulated instead. So rule number one, when there is a simple and reasonnable explaintion, just drop it and think again ! It has to be either ufo related or some secret government stuff

NB: I don't say there is nothing up there and that government has absolutely no control on no one... But we have to keep feets on earth, if we always see weird stuff within almost normal stuff, we lose more and more credit and kinda ridiculize the topic, and at some point, if for example we keep seeing alien ships when there is only a lens flare or a chinese lantern, we may miss it if something really happens. So, open-minding ? Yes. Blind-believing and ignoring common sense when analyzing something ? No way. Just sayin'.

EDIT: Fun that I coincidentally posted just after someone with a nickname that sounds like my avatar's name

edit on 18/2/2013 by Ghostfreak1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I like this topic! We can land on them and run into them so it wouldn't be hard for us to blast one if assets were in place.......which they prol are. My thought is that it was another meteorite/shooting star. Point is........if we wanted to hit hit we could have but I'm more worried about this debris field we seem to entering.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

I recall hearing about this last year and was wondering if maybe they were trying to bring the rocks to us to get richer on ?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Have a look here at this video on this thread below it's an object in the same field of view that's all, if you look at this link you will see 2 or 3 objects crossing the 2012 DA14 path it's satellites .

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-2-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

How can HARRP shoot at anything

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Maybe the shot was not a miss, an energy shot could have altered the orbit a tad bit. An advanced civilization watching after us
Am I admitting the possibility that there are aliens or a supreme race of beings out in space
Naw, I'm just having a moment of creativity.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by CX

How can HARRP shoot at anything

It can create very bad music that hurt the asteroids ears and it decided not to stop here. I guess the Russian asteroid was tone deaf.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Human Alien wrote:
"Why is it so difficult for some to believe that NASA ( or some form of said agency) are years ahead of what they admit to us?...[snip]...But we do believe they possess technology that would make Star Trek look like a day in the Flintstones life!...[snip]...NASA is part of the government therefore they are a covert, clandestine and secretive agency."

Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha!

I just laughed and laughed when read your post. It was obviously written by someone who has not the slightest knowledge of the inner workings of NASA. Seriously, if you knew what NASA is really like you would wonder how we ever put a satellite in orbit in the first place, much less how we achieved the Apollo and Space shuttle programs.

Thanks for brightening my day. Snrrrk! Hee, hee!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Reminds me of this.

Truth is we do not know if these things were even remotly close. On a 2d screen they are but it is a 3d world.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Probably some rocket who killed old military satellite.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join