It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fever Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
When I was a young child, I would get sick occasionaly. Most of the time, it would just be a cold, but sometimes I would catch more serious illnesses, like the flu, strep throat, or other sicknesses that gave me a fever. Whenever I had a sickness that gave me a fever, I would have nightmares that would last all night.

The first time I had these nightmares, I was in preschool, and I thought nothing of it - my parents would just tell me that it was normal to have nightmares. But later, when I would get sick again with fever, the same nightmares would come back. There were three nightmares that would come back to me everytime I had a fever. Here is a summary of each of them.

1) The first nightmare I had was a dream that involved me and some other little boy that was my age at the time. In the nightmare, I was playing with the boy in my driveway, and the boy had a wound in the center of his palm that was bleeding mustard-yellow. Right then, I was in my house, and everything was covered with evil looking scorpion creatures that covered absolutely everything. And, that's where the nightmare stopped.

2) The second nightmare was the scariest nightmare of all. I dreamt I was walking on the sidewalk next to the hospital that my parents would take me for check ups. I remember a little girl my age giving me a pink flower, and saying something, but to this day, I can't remember what she said. I then proceeded down the sidewalk, where I saw my best friends father talking to someone. I don't remember his exact words, but he was talking about fixing a machine. I kept walking and came to the machine he was talking about. I can't remember what the machinel looked like, but all I remember is that it was absolutely enourmous, and that I was incredibly afraid of it. Then, the nightmare ended.

Now that I think about it, I have never been more scared of anything in my life than of what I saw in this nightmare.

3) The third nightmare was the nightmare that I remember the least about. All i remeber was that I was uderwater, near some thing, and that I felt very uncomfortable around it. That's all I remember about the third nightmare.

The second nightmare was the nightmare that reoccured the most when ever I had a fever. All of the three listed occured in that order, but after the third nightmare, the first and second reoccured the most.

So, I ask if anyone here knows anything about dreams or nightmares that are related to sickness or fever. These nightmares stopped reoccuring when I reached seventh grade, and have never happend again. Could I just be delirious with fever, or could I have had a paranormal encounter with something not of this world?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I used to have very strange nightmares when I was sick as a kid, too. I remember a reoccuring one that I had maybe 2 or 3 times where I was floating through this weird tunnel. I remember seeing everyday objects floating by me, like there was no gravity in the area. It was strange. Then there was another one where I was walking down the hall to my room, and I opened my door and there were these two giant white fuzzy dice sitting there. For some reason, I was deathly afraid of them.

I guess maybe it's normal to have freaky-weird dreams when you're sick as a kid. *shrug*

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I shall tell of my most fearful nightmare. I cannot recall ever being this afraid since. Basically I was standing behind two children - one a boy, another a girl. They held balloons and were overlooking what appeared to be A HUGE machine. It covered acres and acres, all one could see was just machine - all the way into the horizon. There was music (yes, music) playing in the background. I was terrified. The dream ended when the children let go of the balloons and they slowly drifted up into the sky, I followed them with my eyes. That's all I could remember.

Oh yes, I remember having nightmares when I had a fever. One dream I dreamt of maths all night, all I remember were graphs and equations, it was terrible!

- Nazgarn

SMR

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
DIO - Fever Dreams

Lately when my demons drag the night across my eyes
I just can't seem to fight it anymore
Yield unto temptation and be ruler of the world
But it seems that I have heard that song before

And the voices begin to sing - Come home

I have seen some evil as I've walked upon the earth
But this is way beyond what eyes can see
Wicked is as wicked does and if I lose control
Is this the way that hell is gonna be

Have I fallen too far to rise
Been burning too long in the fire
Then it all falls down - Tearing the night away

It must be - Fever dreams
Fever dreams
Fever dreams

Now before my demons roll the night across my eyes
I tremble as I wait perhaps to sin
Yield unto temptation and be ruler of the world
And all I do is let the beast come in

Have I fallen too far to rise
I've been standing too long in the fire
Let it all fall down
Tearing the night away

It must be - Fever dreams
From the outside - Fever dreams
Oh, fever dreams
Fever dreams
Ooh-ooh

Fever dreams
Fever dreams
Fever dreams
Fever dreams
Fever dreams
Fever dreams

I have heard that most dreams are from the subconscious and that they come from the last thing you were thinking or what was in your mind from visual.
I try and have happy thoughts

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I kind of wondered about that myself. Ever since I was little if I got sick and had a fever I would always have the exact same dream. I was at the beach and went back to the house to get a drink. When I came back outside I went back in time to the 1800s. I would run back into the house and it turned into a witches house and it was terrible trying to get back out. I had abdominal surgery last june and contracted a staph infection. I was delerious for a few days and don't remember much but I do remeber having that dream. I wonder if there has been studies done on this topic.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think this thread could be interesting. Especially when having a sickness or overcoming a sickness, people get repeatedly the same type of dreams. Maybe different people have the same dreams as others? Let's find out and add yours to the list. I have two dreams to add:

1) I am driving with some family members in a car through a landscape (nature only) to wherever. The car stops at big tree. The tree strucks me in awe and makes me afraid. But something draws me to the tree. I must go close to the tree, but I don't know why. I go to the tree and stay by it for a while. I'm afraid it'll eat me (although it was only a tree, it had no face or so), but I'm still there. The dream ends soon after and I awake. This dream I had repeatedly everytime I had a sickness. When this dream ended I had overcome the worst part of the sickness and the healing phase began - so I realized later.

2) Sometimes I have people physically attacking me in dreams. Dark people just want to attack me physically again and again. However I repeatedly push them back again and again. I can use all methods I want, but they keep on coming back. It can get annoying because they don't die, and keep on attacking me. Sometimes it's only 1 person attacking me, but even then it's like he's obsessed trying to bring me down. If I give in, something bad happens. I know that in my dream, but I don't know why. So I must keep on pushing him back. Recently I had such a dream again. Before I went asleep I felt the body heat up, as if a sickness was to approach. Then I had this dream where I pushed back this person repeatedly, until he vanished at a specifc point in the dream. When I woke up I felt fresh and healthy, but was thirsty a lot. In my interpretation I successfully kept off an approaching sickness off my body by keeping away the attacking person. I wonder if anyone has similar dreams?

Btw. I don't want to die with a sickness, and all these demonlike creatures trying to get into me

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think some dreams have significance, especially fever dreams. I had one where I kept seeing the number 3186. Then I saw the same number not soon after that, in a sacred geometry book. So I feel the Universe was trying to tell me something, which of ten happens. I'm not sure if the universe has a consciousness, but If it does, it does talk to us through dreams sometimes.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Slayer

Those were strange dreams to have on a fever at least from my perspective.

My fever dreams are usually a bunch of kids and a mother, all of them wearing hooded black robes putting their hands on me.

My uncle once caught a deadly disease from rats from contaminated floodwater and at the height of his ailment, he saw vampire-like entities scaling the walls and ceilings of the room he was in.

top topics

join