It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Washington...Anyone Hear The Trumpets Last Night??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm down near Vancouver Washington, but in resent past they are suggesting it is a mating call of fish.

Fishy Sounds

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's an alarm clock. It is time to wake up my brothers.

Ears to hear and all that junk.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by madmanj

Not saying this is what it was, just a possibility: Maybe they were testing the alarm systems on one of the vessels at the port, or even one of the port alarm systems got set off on accident. Once I was traveling through Baton Rouge, LA and they started testing their alarm system as I was driving through. It sounded like what you describe and scared the crap out of me! (As far as the trumpet sounds).

edit on 17-2-2013 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

It's possible - there are a lot of possibilities. It was just so loud that I don't see how it could've been from the ports. Port of Tacoma and of course Seattle being the two large ones around here. But you never know

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by madmanj

oh! last night.

that was me ... after two bean burritos and a couple of fosters.

sorry to disturb you.

you should have seen the look on the neighbors face this morning!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hi there Madman and welcome,

I am Washingtonian from the lower Puget Sound area. What you are describing reminds me of Rumble Strips.

We have them on the highway on both ends of town and I hear them quite frequently. I am able to hear them from a fair distance away. From inside the vehicle they will definitely get your attention. From a distance they just like what you are describing. A blast from a lower bass trumpet, fog horn, or Cruise ship horn. The larger the vehicle (tire) the deeper it is. Duration depends on just how long you ride that blasted thing. I know after they put them in, I started hearing this fog horn sound I was perplexed for a while... until I drifted over and hit a rumble strip.

I am not sure about the 5+ minute rumble you may have heard. I have been hearing an extremely distant and faint rumble off and on for the past few days. I would describe it as perhaps an empty semi on the road or a train coupling up to cars... that sort of sound. As I said it is extremely faint. faint enough to make out in the silence, get up open the door and not hear anything outside.

I am not sure what you heard or if it is related, in a way it reminds me of the Vashon Island Hum
edit on 17-2-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
check out my thread,odd sound 3:14 Texas,i didn't hear trumpets sound but this was a sound i never heard before and sent me into a terror i haven't ever felt before,heard it at 3:14 pm yesterday

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Welcome madmanj To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Courtesy Is Mandatory.
What are these P F K W S ?
Visit here - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r
Hi there Madman and welcome,

I am Washingtonian from the lower Puget Sound area. What you are describing reminds me of Rumble Strips.

We have them on the highway on both ends of town and I hear them quite frequently. I am able to hear them from a fair distance away. From inside the vehicle they will definitely get your attention. From a distance they just like what you are describing. A blast from a lower bass trumpet, fog horn, or Cruise ship horn. The larger the vehicle (tire) the deeper it is. Duration depends on just how long you ride that blasted thing. I know after they put them in, I started hearing this fog horn sound I was perplexed for a while... until I drifted over and hit a rumble strip.

I am not sure about the 5+ minute rumble you may have heard. I have been hearing an extremely distant and faint rumble off and on for the past few days. I would describe it as perhaps an empty semi on the road or a train coupling up to cars... that sort of sound. As I said it is extremely faint. faint enough to make out in the silence, get up open the door and not hear anything outside.

I am not sure what you heard or if it is related, in a way it reminds me of the Vashon Island Hum
edit on 17-2-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

It could be something similar...the highway is nearby. It was just very alarming and a bizarre. Still haven't had the time to go to check with the neighbors yet, hoping to get some local input as well

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

Welcome madmanj To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Courtesy Is Mandatory.
What are these P F K W S ?
Visit here - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanj
I do not live in a city near the water or port where a ship's horn could have been heard and nobody in the area has such a boat....... Anyone else around Puget Sound hear this??

C'mon man!!!!!!!!

www.strengthinperspective.com...
edit on 17-2-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by madmanj

I am in northern Indiana and at night, every night, I can hear a constant low droning sound. At least that is what I thought for the last year+.

However, now I am wondering if I am hearing the sound, or if I am feeling the sensation of my body resonating to a very low frequency vibration.I do not think I am actually hearing the sound as much as feeling it.

I know that a year ago the sound was so strong it did sound like trumpets.

Why is there nothing in the main stream media about this? It must be wide spread.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by straddlebug
Why is there nothing in the main stream media about this? It must be wide spread.

Typically anything that relates or points to the truth is either covered-up or ignored by MSM.

This is why they will always belittle anything with a possible divine origin.

They have a stealth agenda that is very diabolical and easy to spot once you see it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I considered the source being a plane in a low altitude holding pattern. It would have to be a holding pattern, because the length of the strange sound events. It does seem to happen here when the sky is overcast, but I can think of a time when there was no overcast sky. Even when the sky wasn't overcast, there were still some spotty clouds.

I have ruled out a plane performing a holding pattern, at least in my area, because I am not near an airport... unless you consider the 'Seymour AirPark' as a real airport - it is a small place, the runway is short and is made of grass.

I've never seen anything much larger than a Cesna, Cherokee, or Piper Cub use the airport. The airport is only used once every few days, if even that often. I believe they have the aerofoil(sp?) personal aircraft at the airfield, but even those are only flown randomly.

Another fact that led me to rule out an airplane source is the problem explaining why the sound seems to eminate from all directions... An airplane would surely give a directional perception, where the origin of the strange noise is very difficult to pinpoint. I have never been able to say, with any certainty, where the noise is broadcast.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Welcome.

I live in a smaller town closer to the mountains, and military choppers have been running non-stop practice missions in the hills out in the woods for about a month now. I have family that lived in Lacey and thy could hear shells going off like crazy anytime there were signs of a coming battle/war.

I'll tell everyone to keep their eyes and ears open, the activity by my place only happens if something is going to happen some time soon...small or big. They never come out here unless they're gearing up for real action.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Glad you joined us Madman!!!

I can say as far as the sounds go...it is really creepy to actually hear it. Its hard for someone to wrap their brain around it until they hear it for themselves. Don't know what they are, but maybe one day we'll find out!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If it happens again, record it.

Just about everyone has a smart phone, IPod something - lots of ways to record things these days.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thank you all for the replies - and to see that there are some Washingtonians that have heard similar things. If it happens again, I will definitely record it. Just got a new phone that does exceptionally well with video/audio. The only thing with this last time was that the horn sound only happened once and only lasted a few seconds. After that, the rumble noise was the only thing going. But I will be sure and capture any odd findings if it happens again.

It really is hard to fathom when just watching the videos and hearing the noise. It is much different when you experience it...definitely a bit on the frightening side.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Welcome.

I live in a smaller town closer to the mountains, and military choppers have been running non-stop practice missions in the hills out in the woods for about a month now. I have family that lived in Lacey and thy could hear shells going off like crazy anytime there were signs of a coming battle/war.

I'll tell everyone to keep their eyes and ears open, the activity by my place only happens if something is going to happen some time soon...small or big. They never come out here unless they're gearing up for real action.

I agree MmmPie. Let's keep our eyes and ears open. I live down near Rochester nothing too notable here for the time being. Perhaps an occasional pair of Chinooks or Blackhawks.

I remember I used to live in the Nisqually Valley and that was the norm. Right before deployments there would be endless practice out on the artillery range. Kiss sleep goodbye.

I am ready to hear/see something, Ever since the "Dirty Rain" over Oakville near here, there has really been nothing. Most of this area is pretty quiet and sleepy for the most part.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanj
Thank you all for the replies - and to see that there are some Washingtonians that have heard similar things. If it happens again, I will definitely record it. Just got a new phone that does exceptionally well with video/audio. The only thing with this last time was that the horn sound only happened once and only lasted a few seconds. After that, the rumble noise was the only thing going. But I will be sure and capture any odd findings if it happens again.

It really is hard to fathom when just watching the videos and hearing the noise. It is much different when you experience it...definitely a bit on the frightening side.

Madman, next time your out on the highway give those rumble strips a tickle. While it's going to shake your whole vehicle, you may get an idea of the sound.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I heard a similar sound about two weeks ago and posted a thread about it here. I came out too late to see what it was, but it sounded like one of those WWII flying wings (except with jet engines) flew about 100 feet over my house.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join