It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental disorder

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Just some thoughts, quick.

do you often wonder having some of your own, even if there's even no reason for it to be so, like your having problems in life and then just are wondering???

I feel quite alright btw but this is something "they" all are fond of if they could get you that far thinking you do. But being bullied can have quite devestating effects also.

What seems to be the issue here?

What I think of it, no offense here, Joining ATS gives me a reason for believing I have a mental disorder myself.

Can anyone relate to this?

It can sound very absurd. What is all this about? I'm quite confused on the subject ??

What is a mental disorder if one doesn't complain about anything at all and only your surrounding says you do have one?

Discussion.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

people who truely have mental disorders do not admit to having a mental disorder....think about it....most people are diagnosed as insane....not just told that they are...or they themselves just believe that they are......sheesh...some people just got to much time on their hands.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Jesus had nice names like moonsick and being possessed and such. But 'Mental' disorder?

What the heck

Why can't I just say something is apple when it is just table in reality. Can you see me, shouting apple to a table. Even if it wasn't for fun. WHO CARES?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The human being is a mental disorder!!
Every human has a mind. But what is 'a mind'? Thoughts arising.

The disorder is that we believe it is us that is doing the thinking. If you truly believe you are thinking then you would be able to just stop and not do it again.

Watch the thoughts arise presently and know that you are not doing them. You are the ever present witness of all that arises.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Based on what you wrote, I'd say something is probably not quite right. What you wrote is not very clear. Also, you phrase things oddly. For example, your first sentence is "Just some thoughts, quick" but that should be "just some quick thoughts." Now on it's own, awkward phrasing isn't anything wrong, however, with other symptoms it is indicative of certain mental disorders.
If people are saying you're crazy, and you don't know why, that's a big sign. "Normal" people sometimes do "crazy" things. But when they do something odd, and people point it out, they realize what they are doing is odd and they stop. You seem to not realize the things you are doing are odd, which indicates you might have a mental disorder and aren't just different.

Please see a psychologist and don't listen to people on this site. Many of them have disorders of their own and believe mental disorders don't exist. So they will say nothing is wrong with you.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
The human being is a mental disorder!!
Every human has a mind. But what is 'a mind'? Thoughts arising.

The disorder is that we believe it is us that is doing the thinking. If you truly believe you are thinking then you would be able to just stop and not do it again.

Watch the thoughts arise presently and know that you are not doing them. You are the ever present witness of all that arises.

This is exactly right, you can change your thoughts and how your mind works, the first thing is recognizing a negative thought, only then can you change that thought pattern, I have been doing it for about three years now with dramatic results!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

My best shot would be to meditate and have no self anymore, not?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Mental dis-ease is fleeting. They are temporary moments in which we are assimilating the stimuli around us and we are reacting.

Mental disorder - is the state of the world.

How do you root out disorder when the state is caused by the world we live in?

It's a conundrum.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Before I answer, I need to ask one question, with apologies for any issues it might cause. Is English your first language?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Is it that obvious?? I gave it my best shot.

I guess I'm not 'mainstream english'.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Explanation: S&F!

Just some thoughts, quick.

do you often wonder having some of your own, even if there's even no reason for it to be so, like your having problems in life and then just are wondering???

Yes, I often do and I think the technical term you are looking for is 'to wildly speculate' ok.

I feel quite alright btw but this is something "they" all are fond of if they could get you that far thinking you do. But being bullied can have quite devestating effects also.

No, because at this level of philosophical discussion there is only you and the mirror [me and ATS etc] and what you project and what it reflects and how that reflects upon your lifestyle choices.

What seems to be the issue here?

Your OP's topic says it all ... "Mental disorder" .. so I refer/reflect you back to to yourself for further analysis ok.

What I think of it, no offense here, Joining ATS gives me a reason for believing I have a mental disorder myself.

Welcome to the asylum
... Why arent you in the high dependency unit chatroom? :shk:

Can anyone relate to this?

Yes I can as OL is legally insane and we live in the chatroom along with me and myself!

It can sound very absurd. What is all this about? I'm quite confused on the subject ??

It is not absurd at all if one takes a different standpoint upon the issue.

Once more it is your OP's topic that says it all ... "Mental disorder" .. and so again I refer/reflect you back to to yourself for further analysis ok.

Well that is a shame and so please trust me as I am not confused at all ... since I work very hard at being very professional at being legally insane ok.

What is a mental disorder if one doesn't complain about anything at all and only your surrounding says you do have one?

It is a maddening challenge to remain peacefull at all times but it is still important to strive towards that goal with every action we choose to take.

And everybody is in the dsm-iv and the dsm-v so by default everyone is insane and its only a case of are you legally insane or illegally and therefor criminally insane ok!

Discussion.

Personal Disclosure: Discussed!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Thank you Omegalogos!

I comprehend you and you seem to comprehend me, I mean, you do comprehend me. You made me feel I have the capacity to make myself clear with my knowledge of the english language, and when there is some interpretation of the english readers I can be clear on what I mean. Thank you.

It is good to had this off my chest.

Well, I somehow had this bond with you after reading your reply, thx.

I'd love the chatroom, but where I'm at the computer doesn't allow chats. Nothing I can do about it, it is erm.. prohibited, or do I mean just the opposite. It isn't allowed, let me put it that way. Nothing personal, just the terms and conditions where I'm at.. pitty though. I'd love the chat.

(I have a personal computer but had to cancel my internet) For now I can use the public pc.

It can be fun labeling a table an apple. Take a seat at the apple, please..

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Jesus had nice names like moonsick and being possessed and such. But 'Mental' disorder?

That's like having a virus or trojan on an OS like Windows or Linux but mental disorder just says the entire OS is defective like it's programming and it has to be recompiled altogether. And the trouble is if the OS is active or running you can't just take it offline to reprogram it. Which is also the difference between knowing you are sane by convincing everyone who has authority over the subject and those who are insane but can't comprehend it because their OS is supposedly defective. So people choose to suppress those parts of the psyche with (pharmaceutical) drugs while it should be countered by reprogramming on the fly, in the past or just changing one's perspective on past events.

It's the same as convincing people they are not truly possessed after every cleansing and exorcism ritual out there and not understanding computers and thinking there's a virus in the OS trying to find it with every scanner out there but not finding anything and having to deal with that system message popup over and over again.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

I have that same notion from time to time. My wife certainly sees it that way. The fact that I only realize it from time to time is probably indicative of the level of disorder I'm dealing with here.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I've gone through a lot of moments where I truly questioned if I was crazy, deluded or just insane. I just have really bad anxiety and panic attacks. These don't make me do anything to anyone else, it only effects me. I usually just have to get up and move, and go outside and breathe. I get such an intense rush of fear that the whole universe is collapsing on me and I'm going to die. It's really terrible but I've been managing it. I never hear voices or anything like that, just a lot of bad stress that makes me feel crazy

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
LOL- definately!! I have been through testing many times, mostly at my own request, because of this concern!

The thing is, unless diagnosed by another, people with mental illness don't seem to know they are mentally ill.
I mean, you get tons of people nowadays self diagnosing all sorts of stuff, but most of the time they are just misreading their symptoms, or exaggerating them.

Real paranoid schizophrenics often have to travel a long road to recognizing their state, and don't come to that realization alone.

I've had experiences that made me sure I was mentally ill and hallucinating. Alien abduction type ones, for example. I do not believe in aliens. And yet, these experiences had all the sensorial data of any everyday "normal" experience! I went to a few shrinks and they could not find mental illness to any extent that would explain it.
I actually felt let down by that. It would close the whole subject and provide a solution if they had. I still am not sure it wasn't that.

But that made me face that if those were hallucinations of a sick mind, then ANYTHING could be!
My breakfast this morning, the experience of tying my shoes, talking to the baker, heck- writing on a keyboard right now! -This may ALL be hallucination. So what then?

I don't know. I guess I just have to interact directly with what I believe is in front of me and not worry about what is "real" and what is not.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Erich94

It's because of crazy people gone over the red Erich94 .. :: ss

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
LOL- definately!! I have been through testing many times, mostly at my own request, because of this concern!

The thing is, unless diagnosed by another, people with mental illness don't seem to know they are mentally ill.
I mean, you get tons of people nowadays self diagnosing all sorts of stuff, but most of the time they are just misreading their symptoms, or exaggerating them.

Sure is, but in the end it is anymore.

Real paranoid schizophrenics often have to travel a long road to recognizing their state, and don't come to that realization alone.

A real parnoid schizophrenic just happened to become, as easy as they are healed. IMHO

I've had experiences that made me sure I was mentally ill and hallucinating. Alien abduction type ones, for example. I do not believe in aliens. And yet, these experiences had all the sensorial data of any everyday "normal" experience! I went to a few shrinks and they could not find mental illness to any extent that would explain it.
I actually felt let down by that. It would close the whole subject and provide a solution if they had. I still am not sure it wasn't that.

But that made me face that if those were hallucinations of a sick mind, then ANYTHING could be!
My breakfast this morning, the experience of tying my shoes, talking to the baker, heck- writing on a keyboard right now! -This may ALL be hallucination. So what then?

I don't know. I guess I just have to interact directly with what I believe is in front of me and not worry about what is "real" and what is not.

You'll definetly become the outcome again.. if you aren't already.. Good luck and a lot of happiness to you in the times to come Bluesma.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Woman don't know themselves NorEaster. It's not you who doesn't get it.

Please do not reply to this post. Anyone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join