It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History tells us another story about gun control.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

pretty easy to do if you are in a room and distracted like a classroom, movie theater or mall. Most people that get shot with a gun are not just standing there saying "shoot me". The cowards and crazies that are using guns to kill people are taking them by surprise. A knife thrust from a few feet away is going to be be much more accurate than a bullet from 500 feet even with a scope and generally the bullet is going to knock you down, a knife is going to keep stabbing and stabbing. Knives and other edged or blunt instruments do not suffer from drag, gravity drop over distance or wind. Being naive is understandable I hope you never have to experience it first hand. I am still shocked that people are so hung up on gun violence since more people have been killed with weapons that don't use gunpowder, than ones that do. You do not have to reload a blunt instrument or an edged weapon. People scream out about gun control yet even if we had no guns people are still going to die by other means. You can take away the guns but you can't take away the deranged and the mentally unstable who want to harm others. I own one shotgun and a ton of edged weapons. I have only ever had to defend my house once from a drunk guy coming in through my back sliding glass door, I decided to grab my closest weapon which was a 24" kukri and meet him as he pushed aside my curtains. I could have caused more damage to him with one swing of that than shooting him with a pistol close range. He was drunk and in the wrong place but he pissed himself when he saw what I was about to attack him with. A few harsh words and a call to the police and he was dealt with. Even the police were surprised that I didn't cut into him (which was kind of disappointing to hear. He was blasted out of his mind and made a mistake.)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

pretty easy to do if you are in a room and distracted like a classroom, movie theater or mall. Most people that get shot with a gun are not just standing there saying "shoot me". The cowards and crazies that are using guns to kill people are taking them by surprise. A knife thrust from a few feet away is going to be be much more accurate than a bullet from 500 feet even with a scope and generally the bullet is going to knock you down, a knife is going to keep stabbing and stabbing. Knives and other edged or blunt instruments do not suffer from drag, gravity drop over distance or wind. Being naive is understandable I hope you never have to experience it first hand. I am still shocked that people are so hung up on gun violence since more people have been killed with weapons that don't use gunpowder, than ones that do. You do not have to reload a blunt instrument or an edged weapon. People scream out about gun control yet even if we had no guns people are still going to die by other means. You can take away the guns but you can't take away the deranged and the mentally unstable who want to harm others. I own one shotgun and a ton of edged weapons. I have only ever had to defend my house once from a drunk guy coming in through my back sliding glass door, I decided to grab my closest weapon which was a 24" kukri and meet him as he pushed aside my curtains. I could have caused more damage to him with one swing of that than shooting him with a pistol close range. He was drunk and in the wrong place but he pissed himself when he saw what I was about to attack him with. A few harsh words and a call to the police and he was dealt with. Even the police were surprised that I didn't cut into him (which was kind of disappointing to hear. He was blasted out of his mind and made a mistake.)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by jaynkeel

My point is that a gun offers no protection without ammo. A gun which is jammed or compromised offers no protection either. Unless you have a perfect weapon that never jams and unlimited ammo, your "safety" is exactly that, TEMPORARY.

On the other hand, if no one had guns, it's clear to see how this would help guarantee my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Ummm....YES...lets all live in what-iffy land...A sublime, magical, place where Murphy rules and governments..never, not even ever...infringe upon their constituency...why...not in the least. And we all get to frolic and flit about blowing raspberries and riding unicorns. Such a safe and snug place...rocked in the almighty hands of a benevolent and loving government....All care and worry evaporated away and every single need seen to.....I'm sure glad we gave up our means of self protection and decided to place all of our safety in the hands of that altruism...Boy, aint dat da troof.......

Perhaps you can relate to how smarmy that all sounds, cause that's what we all seem to hear you saying...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
On the other hand, if no one had guns, it's clear to see how this would help guarantee my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Indeed because we all know that prior to the invention of gunpowder and its related technology everyone lived in a utopian state of harmony...

Prior to early 1500’s the world was indeed filled with societies full of freedom and the populace full on able to pursue happiness unhindered by firearms. I mean personal freedom were pretty common in the world prior to the invention of firearms right.

People have been murdering one another since Zug hit Kronk with a rock over a piece of mammoth...and long before that I would wager.

Killing and competition are human nature - the tools used to execute that drive are irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

a lesson colorado just ignored yupeeee......da#

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Good luck winning a domestic war against the US government. All you will do is put the country in a state of Marshall law and loose all the freedoms we have. You will be the minority, the majority isn't going to fight........

Yeah, you're right. Fighting for the right to preserve our constitution and bill of rights is stupid. Let's just give up...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Good luck winning a domestic war against the US government. All you will do is put the country in a state of Marshall law and loose all the freedoms we have. You will be the minority, the majority isn't going to fight........

We don't need a majority. Only enough to win. 3% of gun owners should do the job quite nicely.

And thanks for quoting my avatar _\oo/

Good point I didn't feel the need to educate the poster.But durning the American revolution only about 1/3 of the people took part

Plus the French army and navy which is not likely to happen again.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1
Plus the French army and navy which is not likely to happen again.

Perhaps not but there will be a long list of outside actors ready willing and able to help facilitate the downfall of the United States of America.

There are a lot of nations, organizations (criminal and political) who would stop at nothing to take advantage of sowing chaos in the US and if they saw aiding any rebel forces as a catalyst to making the nation lose its world hegemony they would do so.

The rebel forces would accept the aid out of necessity rather than ideology hoping that once they win and create a nation more in tune with their beliefs they could distance themselves from such organizations.

We (US Special Operations) use this model all the time - working with criminal groups inside a nation to secure resources and funding along with a host of other unsavory actors to help us achieve our goals without having to commit our own forces.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join