It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proletariat Revolution in the USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've been having some thoughts on this. I'm not a communist, and i doubt it would be the same as the proletariat revolution in the USSR.

But as i see ever increasing media coverage of people's political views, Michael Moore's documentaries, Elefant (Columbine), The corporation documentary screening soon and now Eminem www.abovetopsecret.com...

Once the War on Terror settles down, i ask you this... could this kind of freedom of speech lead to a workers revolution in not just the USA but the UK and Europe as well, and will it benefit mankind in the long run?

At the moment the Corporations ( Bourgeois ) control the World, with workers earning little if even enough to provide for themselves and thier family. Not just food, but shelter, healthcare and guidance. There's a day care boom just now because these people cannot afford to take time off in order to raise their children themselves. With the money they do make, it only provides subsistance, they cannot save for the future, which is putting an ever increasing burden on state pensions, which in turn leads to these same people being taxed higher.

When will the bubble burst?

I personally feel that if this freedom of the mass media continues that we could infact have the possibility of a Proletariat Revolution becoming a reality.

Is this Good or Bad? Remember what happened to the USSR, but, since we are no longer in a Nuclear Arms race, would this Revolution infact benefit the whole of mankind?

Think about it, Oil prices would fall as the Corporations could no longer keep their wealth to a select few, the would be Governed by the working class and since know one would be greedy with profits, Scientific research on alternative fuels would sky rocket. The ruling Proletariats would give equal funding to the University's and Labs so that developments in other fields could flourish as well.

The recent article about BP making �1 Million per hour highlights the vast amount of wealth being kept from the masses, being locked away preventing mankind from utilizing it's full manufacturing, technological, and scientific development potential.

This sounds like a Utopia, and of course it's been said that we can never reach a fair and just rule of the Proletariat, as human's appear to have natural greed. But my question is, with proper state control, there is no reason that this scenario couldn't happen in the first 100 years of this new millenium.

Is this time that we get rid of this Demogogy of an Oligarchy?

[edit on 30-10-2004 by Snoopdopey]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You may have hit a little too close to home as to what needs to happen to end poverty and oppression. If I were you I wouldn't talk about this stuff anymore. If you want to know why u2u me.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
LoL, people have been talking about revolutions since the dawn of mankind.

I'm not inciting one, i'm simply noticing what's going on at the moment. Especially with what people are saying about the conspiracy of the NWO, this would result in a complete opposite of the NWO's agenda.

So once again it seems as if there is increasing conflicts between the rulers and ruled. Except this time it's happening in the US, which is famed for it's previous revolution...

Who is allowing people like Moore and Eminem to say all this? surely there would be ways of keeping them quiet if there was not something behind this agenda which is larger than i can even contemplate

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The age of Revolution is dead,

Revolution means:
Death
Chaos
Social Corruption
Moral Corruption
Possible Dictatorship
Possible mass genocide (opposition to Revolution)

etc...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

Revolution means:
Death
Chaos
Social Corruption
Moral Corruption
Possible Dictatorship

etc...

Yep, that about sums up what we did in Iraq, only I thought that was called liberation

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Been there done that!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Such "revolutions," have always been sponsored by an elite that wants to siphon money from other elites, using the "proletariat," as pawns for higher taxes and interest rates.

Historically such revolutions have a top heavy hierarchy, and demand worshipful obedience to personality cults existing as puppets and frontmen for the real "powers that be." Take the North Korean dictator for example, who is almost comically worshiped at pain of death. He thinks of himself as so great but he is still a puppet to others, a dangerous puppet indeed.

The original American Revolution was well aware in its thresholding of the "age of enlightenment," with Masonic symbolism and memberships, about darker powers at these hierachies. The lessons of European wars driven by fiat money bankers was not lost upon our founding fathers, who wanted to "avoid foreign entanglements."

No proletariat revolution outside of the early "pottage revolutions," during the middle ages in England, is really authentic. That was in any case a loser due to illiteracy. Any such trends are immediately siezed upon and exploited by savvy financiers during more recent historic trends. You will find no inspired leaders while these master craftsmen of money continue their iron grip on humanity.

Perhaps expansion of barter to an extreme, is the only way to choke off these parasites, rejecting their entangled monetary expansions and war driven ponzi schemes.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
lol kidfinger it's sounds an awful lot like Iraq

UK Wizard how can you say the age of revolution is dead? I don't think that it will ever die. Along with wars it's about the only thing that can be certain to happen.

Every few years there's a war and with the amount of times Governments and Rulers have changed over history i think it's a bit niave to say the age of revolutions has passed.

That's like saying we're gonna be like this forever until humanity has dissapeared

We have the War on Terror at the moment, Islam vs Christianity, Surely if one wipes the other out that would be some sort of religious revolution?

Granted i honestly dont see one happening soon either but a lifespans only about 70 years humans have been around for hundreds of thousands

(Twitchy your thread is a little different, i'm talking about the present freedom of speech in the mass media and how it may affect our situation)

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

There was and never will be a specific "age of revolution," revoultion is a constantly shifting and changing thing. It cannot be completely predicted or stopped. It is determined by forces outside of this and any other systems control.

Revolution means:
Death
Chaos
Social Corruption
Moral Corruption
Possible Dictatorship

etc...

-If necessary, the ruling powers will always try to hold on to their power however they can, so if need be it must be taken from them.
-That�s why people band together to organize and solidify any sort of revolution so to make it not just a bunch of angry people running about all willy nilly.
-Why?
-Why?
-POSSIBLE
-POSSIBLE

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Such "revolutions," have always been sponsored by an elite that wants to siphon money from other elites, using the "proletariat," as pawns for higher taxes and interest rates.

That has been the course of mankind from the beginning to now, there has always been three or more classes of which two were probably oppressed. The best example here is Feudalism. There were the Nobles, Bourgeois, and the Proletariat. The lower to classes rose up against the upper repressive class and set up a new society. The problem was and always has been that the upper of the classes from the revolt always assumed power over the lower class and the lower class was basically left in the same state as before. The interesting thing about today is that only two classes now exist, the Bourgeois and the Proletariat, so once the inevitable revolution comes about only one class will be rebelling meaning that only the interests of that class will be recognized in the resulting society. Hence, communism.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Here's a Quote or two I thought I'd throw in here from www.brainyquote.com...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
-Thomas Jefferson

"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe."
-Thomas Jefferson

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive."
-Thomas Jefferson

Do you think Jefferson would have voted for the patriot act, or would he have loaded that musket up and said, "What do you mean detained incomunicado without trial?!?!"

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Surely any form of revolution would be promulgated by those who are believers in freedom and civil rights, not by way of a classic Marxist class struggle.

top topics

join