It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we the people need a lobbyist... fight fire with fire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
We complain and moan about where our government is headed and what they are doing behind closed doors. We place our conspiracy hats on and type away with our complaints but offer no real solutions or answers to the very real problems we recognise are present. We for the most part are poor and weak individually but we are rich and strong in numbers. We may not all agree on the best course of action but our opponents dont either they are more devided than we are but their greed and powerlust drives them together. They have the media they have lobbyists they have pr firms and spindoctors that could make us belive arsinic is part of a healthy diet.

Why cant we? If we band together and select issue after issue to tackle raise money and awareness could we not reverse the course that we are on? Does it really have to come down to a bloody insurrection and rebellion that our children would have to survive through? If it did and we lost what happens then would we simply admit defeat and let tyranny take hold. Well im tired of theorizing about where things are headed im sick of complaining about what happens behind closed doors, we the people decide our fate not our government.
So ats I need from you ideas on what should be tackled first ignore party rehtoric ignore left vs right I need you to think center mass what the first salvo to weaken the poweres that be should be. Pay no attention to those who would derail this thread and most importantly keep your ideas to scale with what a small grass roots movement could do this is just a thought experiment but it could grow into somthing real. Think of it as the first ats think tank.

Thank you

Oasisjack

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The patriot act should be repealed, The constitution reaffirmed, Drones banned from us airspace. Any act or law that infringes on privacy, rights must be removed or remolded as to not violate our constitutional rights. Lobbyist should be banned from Washington, any citizen should have the ear of law makers. Instead of the Obama care Washington should regulate pricing in the medical industry making healthcare affordable again.
Any Military member that would fire on a US citizen would be removed, period. Remove Government corn subsidies for corn. Offer grants for small farmers that would offer a variety of healthy fruits and vegetables. Regulate corporations by closing them if the participate in any act which infringes on citizens rights to clean water, fresh air, pure soil, and good health. No government official should be allowed to create any legislation that is related to any personal holdings. Taking bribes, infringing on our rights or any attempt there of should constitute Treason.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Good start

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

Unfortunately, we already have a lobbyist working for us. They are called the IRS. We give them money and that money keeps the nation running and that forces the politicians to not piss us off too badly. The problem is that our representatives are also politicians so it sort of backfires on us.

Direct democracy is the way to go. Look at the Swiss. This would be the only way to put us on equal footing with big corporations.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Lose Obamacare.

Change the tax system. No loopholes. Period.

NDAA, drones, TSA, DHS. . . all gone!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Do not derail this thread please and there is no direct democracy in the usa anymore. Citizens united sealed that deal for us, now its a pay to play democracy the sooner we learn to master the game the sooner we can end this sherade and take our country back. So come with targets or ideas or look to other threads I will not allow this idea to get sidelined and submitted to the archives.

Thank you
Oasisjack

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I like your thoughts but we need an immediate target that would send a clear message that the average us citizen is taking back our country and will be beating them at their own game. The idea is to avoid revolution atleast a violent one. We need one that would ring true to the average joe. That said we are coming up with good ideas.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Taxes. Change the tax code then.

No loopholes, no sneaky deductions.

1 page.
3 lines.

How much did you make?
This is how much you owe.
Pay it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ndaa and the patriot act are to large of targets due to the fact they have fear on their side with those issues we need a soft but important target. I know many of my ats bretheren are smart enough to find a good target we can hit easy for a first victory.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Taxes are good. The wealthy and corporations will fight back hard though still not a bad target.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You know that AARP was started by one individual who wanted change in government and they are now the most powerful lobby group in the country.

They carry more weight than any corporation or union in Washington.

What you need is an issue that a majority, and in good numbers, can get worked up enough about to participate in.

Without that core issue your movement is bound to fail.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by oasisjack
Taxes are good. The wealthy and corporations will fight back hard though still not a bad target.

You want something that cuts across party lines.

This'd piss off both parties.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The majority of Americans agree. The problem is that government controls the media. When Herman Cain ran for POTUS he wanted to reform the tax code. He wanted smaller government. He was quickly destroyed by the media. The Tea party wanted smaller government, they wanted a return to Constitutional principles. The media destroyed them and continue to scream about how bad they are. The things you decry have been tried with no success because the left owns the media. They can just tell a few lies or delete parts of a video to vilify anyone who opposes them. The sheeple will believe them. We now have computer voting. The voting results can not be trusted. In one county there were 92k registered voters, 110k voted for Obama. The corruption is too deep. It can not be fixed. The citizens refuse to educate themselves. They just believe everything they are told by the media. Brain washing is the new way to campaign for office.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Do not derail this thread please and there is no direct democracy in the usa anymore. Citizens united sealed that deal for us, now its a pay to play democracy the sooner we learn to master the game the sooner we can end this sherade and take our country back. So come with targets or ideas or look to other threads I will not allow this idea to get sidelined and submitted to the archives.

Thank you
Oasisjack

Wow... this is possibly the most jerk response I've ever gotten to a positive and relevant post of mine. The more I read your OP, the less I understand how my post is off-topic. I think you didn't read your own post.

I also think you have no clue what a "direct democracy" is. It is in every way relevant to your thread. The fact that you said the US is not a direct democracy anymore tells me you do not know what it means. We were never a direct democracy. If you knew what it meant, you would also know that it is exactly what you are wanting. It is a democracy without representation thus making the "We the People" direct lobbyists. It would place you on equal footing with the CEO of Walmart and Monsanto.

How is that off-topic?

Next time you don't understand a word, please look it up before you berate the person speaking about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Direct democracy is a horrible idea and even the founders knew this.

People feel sorry for Kim Kardashian one week and she get's elected President. People are too easily swayed, especially by the tainted media, to have that much control.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Direct democracy is a horrible idea and even the founders knew this.

People feel sorry for Kim Kardashian one week and she get's elected President. People are too easily swayed, especially by the tainted media, to have that much control.

Yeah, there's that. It seems to work brilliantly in nations full of educated people who aren't worshiping celebrities. I could see it being a problem here at first but it would balance out once we realized we could directly vote out Monsanto and stop all wars.

On a small grass-roots level in a representative (
) democracy, I'd say we could work on the same things that other non-funded think tanks work on and just not go anywhere. We all have seen what happens when we try that. OWS? Tea Party? They just get co-opted by other interests that are funded. It sucks but it's true.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Sorry if you feel my response was jerk like in nature however sometimes one must be agressive when the subject is of dire importance. If we do not act soon our country as we know it is doomed. I can not sit by idle and allow that even if I fail atleast I tried to do somthing for my one day children.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
We the People already have lobbyists.

And that is what is wrong.

AARP, the NRA, MOAA, etc, etc.

Lobbys have become a power unto themselves. Maybe we should just outlaw them instead?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Sorry if you feel my response was jerk like in nature however sometimes one must be agressive when the subject is of dire importance. If we do not act soon our country as we know it is doomed. I can not sit by idle and allow that even if I fail atleast I tried to do somthing for my one day children.

Thanks. I totally know where you are coming from which is why it's frustrating to even talk about grass-root think tanks because it's like having a lemonade stand compete with Starbucks. This is why people go on huge protests and get angry. It's because they don't have the financial backing to be heard so the only way to be heard is to cause as much of a ruckus as possible.

The only light at the end of the tunnel I see is the old world order dying out, literally. Old ideas are holding us back and new ideas will prevail after the old die. Ron Paul said it best when he defended his position against people calling him "old fashioned". He said (paraphrasing) "My ideas are young! The other ideas are old!"

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ending lobbying is amongst the many end goals but impossible at the onset. As far as end goals I have a few... 1 end the federal reserve it is unnecessary and counterproductive to our society 2. Return privacy and the rule of law no more circumventing the laws of the land when our government sees fit to 3. Allow voting to remove federal/state laws and ordenences once every 5 year 4. Term limits for all seats of power. 5. End the assault on our constitution by making it unamendable and set its direct meaning in stone no more leaving it up to interpretation. Thats the end gamei have atm it may change but thats what I got.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join