It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Governments are destroying us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Big Governments in America and throughout the world are the enemy of mankind and they're destroying us. It's sad that so many people fall in love with Governments and crooked Politicians who can give a good speech. At the end of the day, Governments are an extension of a tribal mentality. In this day and age, Governments role in peoples lives should be reduced and self-governing should increase as the world becomes more interconnected.

Governments know this and so they want more control. More rules, regulations and they really want the internet. The free flow of information isn't a good thing for Governments no matter how many times crooked Politicians use the word transparency.

We could use things like social networks, open source and the internet to give birth to new ways for us to Govern ourselves with a lighter and lighter imprint from the Government structure we have now.

For instance things like healthcare and Social Security. My 4 year old nephew will not need these programs like my 70 year old Aunt. The fact that we still have fights over these programs makes no sense. They have to be changed and phased out because of the increase in life expectancy. With science and technology in areas like nanotechnology and genetics, life expectancy will increase even more. Maybe Parents can put money in a fund every month until the child is 18 and that money will be used for Healthcare. We could start a Kickstarter like website for ideas about S.S. and Medicare and how to best restructure these programs. I trust the minds of free individuals over fiats from crooked Politicians.

Lastly, we need to concentrate on science, technology and space exploration instead of worrying about people drinking big gulps or Obamacare. I think the world united around something like space exploration will be a good thing. Is there life on other planets and exploration of places like Titan and Europa will be important to future generations as well as ways to terraform planets.

Big Government will get in the way of these things as they start more wars and feel more and more threatened by people with access to more and more information. Sadly, I think we're going in the opposite direction and that's horrible for our children and grandchildren.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Mankind created big governments so its kind of hard to be an enemy of ourselves.

Are you saying that countries should never fight any more wars and get rid of all social safety nets and spend all this money on space exploration?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Mankind created big governments so its kind of hard to be an enemy of ourselves.

Are you saying that countries should never fight any more wars and get rid of all social safety nets and spend all this money on space exploration?

It's not hard to be an enemy to ourselves. In many cases we're our own worst enemy the way we slobber over crooked Politicians and cry to Governments for everything.

I'm saying we should focus more on science, technology and space exploration and reduce the role of Governments in our lives. This way we can avoid wars and dictates from Governments about safety nets.

I think the Founders realized this. They knew Governments were a necessary evil at the time. So they tied the hands of Government and said rights come from God not Govt. and the Govt. is just in place to protect those God Given rights.

I think they would want more self-governing and a reduction in Governments power when they see the Behemoth it has become.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Then it's up to the people to change things, or are you suggesting we force government to change? Yeah that's really worked till now. Big government isn't destroying us, we are destroying us. Our general apathy is destroying us. Government is just a symptom of how broken we are, society. It is the effect, not the cause.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I disagree. Not governments doing it. Really not just one thing doing it. Govts are controlled by corporations. Corporate mentality based on greed. People enslaved by materialism. These factors are what most of our problems stem from. Pretty simple

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

There is a finite amount of fossil fuels and minerals that we use as vital resources. We devour these resources at an alarming rate. My thought is we either take whats left and try to "fix" our dilemma (not so easy), or utilize the material to find a new world to live on more sustainably

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Of course Govt. is the cause. They're the ones that waste and spend trillions of dollars. They're the ones printing cheap dollars and flooding them to multi-national banks. They're the ones who slam the "evil rich" while they make them richer.

Of course they're the cause and we could change it but we will not.

This is because when Democrats get into office, the Democrats are satisfied with Govt. even though nothing changes. When Republicans get into office then Republicans are satisfied with Govt.

This is because people slob over crooked Politicians and when Bush wins, Republicans are satisfied and now Obama is in office, Democrats are satisfied and nothing changes.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
they are politicians not statesmen.
i have given at least a quarter of a mil in my 62 years to them however unwilling on my part.
i have only seen a perpetual war machine and not one nickels worth of improvements from them.
they will certainly give you enough to subsist all the whilst they feed off of our labor w/ shiny new cars and endless rounds of golf.
they have deep underground hotels -no doubt stuffed w/ enough to live on for years if need be...just one example.
listing them all would take up more data bits than ATS would allow.
they smile purdy on camera tho.

new topics

top topics

join