It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit! The Forced Slavery of America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Good post OP! S&F I've been saying the same sort of thing for years and years. An interesting article concerning your social security card and what having one means...more specifically what the numbers on the back mean:

www.motherjones.com...

from what I've gathered that is a bank routing number linking you as property of some royalty british bank.

Peace...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Right I didn't even get into how we're all basically a number. I'll leave that to the thread you posted

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Your birth certificate is traded in the stock market.

I was listening to jordan maxwell the other day, if you do not know who he is please youtube him, tons of information.
I have not looked this up but I trust the man. He talked about how we are bought and sold litterly in the stock market. Your birth certificate has a number in the bottom left hand corner, search that number in the stock market and you will find your self. I did not understand every thing he had to say but according to the law when you are represented with your name in capitol letters you are giving up your full consent. When a police officer pulls you over and ask your name if you just say your name your giving him consent. Like I said I did not fully understand what he was talking about. If some one has more information on this please reply and lead me in the right direction. I really want to learn.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Yes this is what I was referring to. I simply didn't know enough about it to include it in the op or I would have.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by spqrenki

Um. . . . what would you consider a viable alternative?

I think Beezer that he might be on the same page as you actually, it seems like he wants to loosen restrictions to allow people to make their own businesses and allow people to build futures for themselves instead of just using the money they make to pay for day-to-day expenses.

This would be something right up your alley I would think, it is the liberals that have this idea of paying people to do nothing instead of helping them build lives for themselves. They could be teaching the poor how to fish instead of giving them fish.
edit on 17-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Tending to side with the dissenting opinion based only upon the fact that it is the dissenting opinion smacks of a lack of maturity and a predisposed and agenda based thought process.

Ease up un the guy Heff. You're a little bit guilty of ^that^ yourself right here in this thread.

Someone should research the right way to cook a hotdog before selling them to the public for sure. Should the guy who invests in one taxi have to have a half million$ insurance to start off just because some other schmuck is driving like an idiot? Maybe there should be some changes based on track record as opposed to making the new guy pay for the old guys bad behavior.

There are some good points in the OP's argument even if some of what he says is over the top. Sometimes you need to lead the horse to water if you want him to drink. Saying pretty things to him to guide him along shouldn't be a crime. The point of this thread is the conversation that is happening not the OP's silly examples.

It is impossible for someone to quit. I don't think anyone really took spqrenk literally on this. That is the whole point behind his OP, that it's impossible to quit, hence the "forced slavery" part.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

It hit a nerve, it's a natural response.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Sorry I just don't see being financially successful as being a slave.
If the foundation of this debate is supporting or playing within the system as a baseline for slavery I have still yet to see anyone prove how I'm a slave. Paying rent, my taxes, living how I want.
Are their slaves to drugs, drinking, smoking, gambling, debt or whatever else absolutely. since none of those apply to me I still don't know what I need to wake up to..
Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
edit on 17-2-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

I'm gonna quickly jump in here. This is a topic I often ponder, and then you used the word success.
Let me start by saying I think the OP has reached a certain level of enlightenment, and wants to share his new found wisdom. I pretty much agree with him, and am unhappy with the replies asking for alternatives. Lets just agree or disagree that his point is relevant, then if we agree his is right, we can look for ways to remedy.

Now on to success. You did say financial success at least, rather than just success, because generally the only unqualified success is financial success.
It is exactly that which enslaves us - the quest for financial success. And until you come to shudder when you here of a growing economy on the news you will be enslaved. The most important thing in this world is NOT a growing economy. We live in a finite biosphere that is already over-populated. But thats a different thread.

Now I measure success in the following ways:
1) how much improvement I made to the world in a day
2) how far I ran, swum, cycled or whatever
3) how much good food, beer, wine etc I consumed
4) how much I helped my family, friends etc
5) how much of my knowledge I passed on to other people
7) how many adventures I had
8) how many stories I got from 7) to tell at the pub (see 3)
etc etc

now a lot of this involves 'work'. i have orchestrated my life so that I make enough money to be able to be successful every day, as defined above. I officially dislike money, so it can not control me. It has taken some time, and many epiphanies (and no more watching TV!!!). But when you see it, as the OP did, it really whacks you. Because prior to that vision, you were a part of it. Just like I bought the 9/11 OS for many years before questioning it, and then whack.

I have a lot to say on this, but will end this post with thee beginnings of a solution.

To get out of this, ask yourself what is really important in life, and be guided by that. My list included clean air, food, water, love, fun, friendship, meaningful work, spirituality/freedom, music, sport, etc. Yes a nice house and big TV and fast car make the list, but not the top 10. Stop buying crap! Shopping is not a sport! It is a necessary evil. The term 'shopping therapy' just cracks me up. Plant a garden, brew your own beer. Make it a community thing. Get to know your neighbours. Make stuff. Fix Stuff. Dont throw it away and buy a cheap chinese replacement. Lots of chinese workers die just because you buy their cheap crap.

And question the government. Spread the word. Get the masses thinking and talking. People power will win.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I agree here, we should be looking into ways to help people empower themselves instead of being dependent. That's the main idea. It didn't always used to be as bad as it has been since the corporate crash in 2008 where other people's bad decisions affected the whole nation's ability to improve their lives.

Both the attacks on the corporations and government are justified.

It is easy to see how someone can mistake these "accidental" events (the causes of the recession and the inept government) as a deliberate attempt to nudge the nation into slavery, because these events do it oh so effectively.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spqrenki

Originally posted by beezzer

Um. . . . what would you consider a viable alternative?

I don't really know other than people simply refusing to partake in the system. As it is, we're already seeing tent cities popping up all over the country. There needs to be a different way of thinking by the public. This idea that "I can't survive without a job" needs to stop. People need to learn to be independent and come up with new ideas. As I said, the problem is the Government actively tries to stop you at every corner. Requiring million dollar insurance to drive your own cab is insane though. And good luck trying to get a commercial fishing license.

The system as it is needs to break fully before we really start to see change again, and trust me, we're already down that road. It's just how people will deal with the inevitable when it happens. Can they go without the luxuries of modern society in an attempt to become more self independent or will we continue to be the debt slave welfare queens we are today?

What ever happened to going out, cutting down trees, building your own house, growing your own food and not having to worry about a mortgage, cell phone bill, cable and internet, heat, etc.? Nobody wants to live like a caveman but there can and should be an option for something in between.

I thought about this a while back. It's called Homesteading. The problem is the government made it illegal!! I was baffled as to why.. Private land owners all over the East and the Fed owns the West. It's land that was seized when we were warring with Mexico back in the 17th century..

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You state "you/people want less government and more personal responsibility"

And then something happens

# Flooding

# Hurricane

# Bush/forest fire

# Horsemeat in burgers
(UK)

And the first cry that goes up "What's the Government doing about it contradiction??

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmmmbeer

To get out of this, ask yourself what is really important in life, and be guided by that. My list included clean air, food, water, love, fun, friendship, meaningful work, spirituality/freedom, music, sport, etc. Yes a nice house and big TV and fast car make the list, but not the top 10. Stop buying crap! Shopping is not a sport! It is a necessary evil. The term 'shopping therapy' just cracks me up. Plant a garden, brew your own beer. Make it a community thing. Get to know your neighbours. Make stuff. Fix Stuff. Dont throw it away and buy a cheap chinese replacement. Lots of chinese workers die just because you buy their cheap crap.

And question the government. Spread the word. Get the masses thinking and talking. People power will win.

Wow! Did beer bring you to these conclusions? That is a rare display of wisdom there my friend! Start for you, if only we all lived by these truths. I think this bears repeating...

Originally posted by hmmmbeer

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Well I don't really think it's the Federal Government's job to deal with local disasters. These matters should be left to the state. But with all the taxes the Federal Government demands, there's almost a responsibility on their end to pay for the damages with our money. That's really up in the air to be honest, but if Government wants to be big then Government should fit the bill.

When it comes to horse meat, since when has horse meat not be edible? I understand that most people would prefer not to use horse as a food source, but it's nothing near as bad as placing Fluoride in the water, Aspartame and GMO in the food, etc. etc.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hmmmbeer

Except by my being financially successful I can follow the things I enjoy life.
In an ideal world money would not be needed but this is not an ideal world.
I don't have a fast car or a big house but I also don't live check to check, I put $400 a week into savings and my family can take a vacation whenever they want.

I just don't agree that being successful , be it financially or whatever target your personally set equates to something negative.

When it comes to questioning everything and not following blindly I 100% support the OP.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

I agree here, we should be looking into ways to help people empower themselves instead of being dependent. That's the main idea. It didn't always used to be as bad as it has been since the corporate crash in 2008 where other people's bad decisions affected the whole nation's ability to improve their lives.

Both the attacks on the corporations and government are justified.

It is easy to see how someone can mistake these "accidental" events (the causes of the recession and the inept government) as a deliberate attempt to nudge the nation into slavery, because these events do it oh so effectively.

Yes.

Again I think that Science based policy needs to be implemented into the system. We need to reward those new ideas that offer ways to tread lightly and give back more to the environment. Farming techniques that replenish the soil instead of depleting it. Organic substitutes for plastic. Alternative sources of clean energy. Manpower is becoming a thing of the past, yet we have unemployment issues??? We should be doing more ourselves and relying on our own power to work and travel instead of relying on oil powered machines. Especially in farming. Our governments need to promote and reward these kinds of solutions.

Our current community structure is like a giant turtle on it's back. Most of our efforts are like the turtle waving it's legs in the air. These solutions are the only way to right the turtle, one little bit at a time is the only way. it needs to become the "trendy" way to do things from now on.

I have heard that technology is the biggest and most effective killer of jobs. When there is a smaller number of jobs than there are people to do them, then "slavery" comes into the realm of conversation. When one lives to work as opposed to working to live, then the situation becomes dire. Perhaps we are becoming slaves to our own technology??? Either way, we need to bring back some of the older more efficient methods of producing food and providing homes that are not so hard on the environment.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Right because I have an opinion that differs from yours which obviously means I'm some dead beat looking for hand outs while you, up there on your high horse, looks down on me with sorrow.

Excuse me? Where did I say or imply that you're a dead beat looking for a handout? You're seriously confusing me. I'm afraid you are making assumptions about my position that I have not stated.

Originally posted by spqrenkiYou think I'm one of those occupy people that want everything handed to them. I believe you are the second person in this thread to have that opinion.

I believe you've placed that opinion on people who do not hold it. No one has suggested that you're a bum or want hand out. You're making it up. And then getting angry and nasty.

I suggest you get used to people disagreeing with you. You can certainly state your opinion, but some are going to disagree. And accusing them of things they haven't said and calling them "wolves" and such does nothing to strengthen your argument...

Me me me me me because I want less Government and more personal responsibility.

You are contradicting yourself again, saying you want more personal responsibility. Hey, I want less government and more personal responsibility, too. I just actually mean it. I live by it. Take responsibility for your life and your situation. Stop blaming the government. It's the only way you're going to be able to change it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

How am I contradicting myself? I think you're just afraid that you might actually agree with me on something. I'm not angry and it's perfectly fine to disagree with me. But I'm not just going to shut up because someone disagrees. Where in this thread have I ever said I want bigger Government? Everything I've posted has been to the contrary. Yet you have this opinion that I'm asking for hand outs for some reason. It doesn't make sense.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by zedVSzardoz

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson

It seems we're not even entitled to the land our fathers conquered, how sad.

There inlays the core of your problem... "Our Fathers Conquered", so because someone took it by force from someone else, you're entitled to it? Seriously? You can't have it both ways ya know....

It really sounds like you're screaming victim. BH said it best a few pages back, life is what you make of it. If you think your life is crappy, it will be.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Take it up with Jefferson, it's his quote.

I just live by what my founders taught me.

"A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -George Washington
edit on 17-2-2013 by spqrenki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yet you have this opinion that I'm asking for hand outs for some reason.

I do NOT have that opinion. I have never suggested that I have that opinion. You are ASSUMING that of me.
I can't converse with someone who keeps telling me what I think. Sorry.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join