It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling in Waco this early morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It happened around 3:30am tonight. Something woke me up...it was a metal sign I have hanging on my wall vibrating against the wall making noise. It is a metal Coca Cola sign used by a business for advertising. It has one inch sides on it that makes the sign come out from the wall...it does not lay flat against the wall.

It was vibrating like crazy and did so for about 3 minutes. There were no trucks driving by, no rail cars going by the train tracks which are quite a way from the house anyway. It is 3:30 in the morning, no traffic going by the house at all. It wasn't the AC blowing on it. So wonder what was causing it to vibrate? I have heard it do this in the past year but didn't pay it much mind until hearing about rumbling noises going on around the U.S.

There were reported rumblings going on in WAco last night. It wasn't SpaceX which is in nearby town as people who live close to SpaceX said there was no rocket engine testing going on. I didn't get up to go to window to listen for rumblings...too lazy to get up.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
You didn't hear any other audible rumblings, just the sign rattling? Anyone else home? Could be some hanky panky going on.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

No one here but me...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sharintexas

To lazy to get up but not to lazy to write this post? Should have gotten up.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I wanted to edit the thread title to add a question mark as not sure if it was rumbling going on..don't know how to edit title.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by turboneon

To lazy to get up but not to lazy to write this post? Should have gotten up.

Nah, you forget that maybe she is on a phone or a tablet or something like that.

Op: it would have been a good idea to get up a listen for it, as its been happening all over the world.

anyway thanks for posting.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
You may want to share your experience here.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also this,

Odd sound 3;14 In Texas (Killeen area)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looking at the map, Waco and Killeen are in the same area. Maybe there is a connection??

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
We are approx 32 miles from Waco in Hill county. I didn't hear anything but I'm a deep sleeper. However we did hear the strange sound back in Sept 2011. I had never heard anything like it before (or since). It was a scary sound (to me) and it felt like it was coming from ALL directions in the sky. It was LOUD. We were standing on our deck but didn't feel any vibrations. It lasted for many minutes. The sound would be loud and then slowly fade then silence for a second then start all over again. It sounded metallic in nature and very much like the sound I listened to in two videos online. We live in the country and at night all you can hear here is the occasional car, frogs, crickets and small things like that. The Dam is close by (4 miles) but in all the years we have lived here there has never been a sound like that from the Dam. They do blow a siren (which can not be heard from our house) to warn people to get out from below the damn on the river side because they are going to let water out. We fish down there on the river so have heard that sound many times. That wasn't anything like what we heard.
Strange times we are in.
edit on 17-2-2013 by BlackPhoenix because: Spelling mistake

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPhoenix

you know I was thinking maybe some of those machines type sounds could possibly be oil rigs, I'm assuming that there's some near you.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I don't know of any in our area. Now there are some north of us maybe 40 mins drive time but haven't seen any of the large rigs or even pump stations in our area where we live.

ETA: They are putting in underground gas pipeline just north of us going towards I-35.
edit on 17-2-2013 by BlackPhoenix because: added info

edit on 17-2-2013 by BlackPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPhoenix

thanks about the heads up on this post

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

saw your post and wanted to let you know my experience happened at 3:14pm 2/16/2013,saw some other people that heard the noise around the 3pm area also,if you where in the house you might not have heard the rumbling as much than if you where outside,i was outside at the time checking the mail,my daughter was inside the house,but she heard it to,but not as loud as i did,it sent complete terror through me,i could hardly sleep last night

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Lol @ being too lazy to get up and check it out. If it wasn't good enough for you to investigate why should it be good enough for any reason for us? Eh... have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

The metal sign vibrating for over 3 minutes was enough for me to post...I could sit on the bed and listen for trucks and trains which I didn't hear. It was the middle of the night and I didn't want to go outside alone....plus I was lazy.
edit on 17-2-2013 by sharintexas because: add

top topics

join