It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallacies of Gun Control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BobSwagger

Again, refer to my first reply in this thread. We are all born able to defend ourselves. Only punks use guns.

And so you're an atheist? Wonderful. Why haven't we evolved gun-hands yet? If it's a part of human nature, we should have gun-hands that shoot flesh bullets.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by BlindBastards
reply to post by DaTroof

Your logic is unclear to me. Let’s say two armed intruders attempt to break into your house (perhaps they have guns, maybe they have knives or baseball bats), what would you do? Cower under your bed while you wait from policemen that may never come? If and when they do arrive they’ll attempt to resolve the situation using what, exactly? I’m unsure how owning a gun is cowardice...

This shows how the US has gone too far for gun control. This wouldn't happen in countries that have guns under control thanks to early laws, it's safer and you don't need a gun for defence. Now the US is in too deep with almost as many guns as people, control won't help but more guns won't either, yet it's still embraced as a "freedom".

This is why arguing for both the pro-gun and pro-gun control sides is stupid (although the latter is a lot less stupid), both will make it worse, something else needs to happen first, and it will take a long time. Currently people are just making the future worse.
edit on 17-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

I completely agree that it's too late for gun control laws without major cultural shifts. However, I've noticed that almost all these shootings occur in areas where law abiding citizens aren't allowed to carry. Until there is an effective way that will get guns off the streets, loosening laws on where concealed carry holders can bring their guns will potentially save lives.
edit on 17-2-2013 by BobSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Again, refer to my first reply in this thread. We are all born able to defend ourselves. Only punks use guns.

And so you're an atheist? Wonderful. Why haven't we evolved gun-hands yet? If it's a part of human nature, we should have gun-hands that shoot flesh bullets.

And what happens when that punk is bigger than you? Did God magically give you baseball bats or that "other method" you have of defending yourself? I bet that other method has killed also.

Don't act like I was the first one to bring my religion up. You proclaimed that God didn't give us gun hands, so we don't need guns. He didn't give you a computer or internet either, I guess you have no need for that.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I ain't scared of nothing. Especially not some loser with a small-guy complex and a gun.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

But you have those "other methods" of defending yourself. Therefore, you have to be a coward, according to your logic.

And why do anti-gun people always think of gun owner's genitals?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I’d like to know your other methods. If they involve weapons or tools of any kind, how is that not just as cowardly?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

My God-given limbs make me a coward? I'm done with you, troll.

Hey, while you're grasping at straws, grab some napkins too.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

According to the FBI's own stats, shotguns of any type, which is what I prefer to use as my cowardly way to defend myself, killed 356 people in 2011. Body parts killed 728. You must be twice as scared stiff as I am.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If God intended for Man to have guns, we'd all be born with fingers that fire bullets.

There is no excuse to ever own a gun. It's simply cowardice and fear controlling you.

Please stop trolling if you cannot add anything of value to the conversation.

All you are doing is further entrenching mindsets with your infantile comments.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think your rebuttal is very well thought out and written. I agree with you 100%. If some people do not wish to own firearms, they have the right to not own them. This country was founded on the basis of individual freedom and individual responsibility. Our rights are "God Given" natural rights. We are born with them.They are not given by the government or by other individuals.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

He didnt intend for you to have a computer, yet here you are.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I ain't scared of nothing. Especially not some loser with a small-guy complex and a gun.

If some one disagrees with you, their a Coward and a Troll? Just keep posting your B. S. from behind your screen.
Not every one trust a criminal to turn in their weapons. You go ahead and register your Limbs.

So, we'll keep ours and you dial 911 from your basement bedroom.
edit on 18-2-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join