learn more

The Chelyabinsk "Meteorite"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Not saying this is fake at all...

Lets say the guy in this video just happened to have his camera handy (Like all the Russians apparently do
)

And he looks up right after the Meteor strolls by.

As you can see the guy who recorded this was looking up for a good 30 seconds before he heard the first "Sonic Boom"

So v * t = 345 m/s * 30 s = 10350 m...

10350 m = 23152.3MPH

23152.3 MPH = 6.4311 mps

I would assume the guy is looking at a streak that is within the Stratosphere(30 miles from the surface) , No higher than the Mesosphere(50).

So a "Sonic Boom" should not take 30 seconds to pass by.. I would say 4-5 seconds after the Meteor passes you should of heard a "Sonic Boom"

Watching this video you can see that the first explosion is heard at 5 Seconds.. I would assume this is when the Meteorite has first hit the ground.

At 11-12 seconds you can hear a faint sound in the background (Possibly pieces of the Meteorite hitting the ground).

Between 11 and 16 seconds there is 1 more faint noise heard in the distance.

At 17 seconds there is the echo onto the buildings.

5-6 seconds pass until you hear the first echo from the distant noise at 11-12 seconds.

So

v * t = 345 m/s * 3 s = 1035 m

This would mean the "Meteorite" hit around 0.643 miles away...

Some questions.

If an object is traveling at 22,000 (Possibly 33k) why would it take so long for it to hit the ground.

I assume it took these people 1-2 minutes to grab a camera. This means that the smoke was suspended in the air for at least a minute before someone got a camera.

With a Meteorite going down nearly a mile away why would the object all of a sudden slow down to the point that people were able to grab a camera to record the sonic booms.

Shouldn't the Sonic Booms have been heard before they were able to record 15-30 seconds of footage?

The sounds in the background sound like gun fire, And the echos tend to stop after 25 seconds on the second video.

So what's the deal?
edit on 17-2-2013 by JrDavis because: Not saying it's fake.
edit on 17-2-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You don't think it was a meteor?
You think the video is fake?

If something is amiss, what do you think is going on?
edit on 2/17/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Nice find! I'm baffled after watching that video. I don't even need the numbers to realize the explosion came way too late after he began filming the contrails to be related. The meteor would have surely already impacted by then. Not to mention it sounds like a flat out war going on for a few seconds after the explosion.

I don't think the video/audio has been tampered with either because the guy recording the contrail flinches violently when the explosion happens which gives it some merit.

Something just doesn't add up about this whole "meteor" situation. .

Edit: The math was a good way to further prove your point

edit on 17-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I didnt get the impression you were implying the meteor was something else.Confused as to why the post above raised these ideas ?
Seems like a reasonable question about the time delay ,One that should be simple enough to verify with numbers and physics .If your numbers are right

link   
There are a lot of recordings taken because there are so many car accidents in Russia that the insurance companies refuse to pay claims unless the driver can prove it wasn't their fault, thus all the in dash cams. But with divers finding nothing in Ural lake and Russian politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky blaming the meteor on a US weapons test there may be something more to this.
edit on 17-2-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Phage

After Youtube and modern editing technologies there is always someone to say that any video is faked lol

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Most Russians have dashboard cameras due to corrupt police or traffic accidents.

This actually happened.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

You are using to many variables as absolutes. With your math are you taking into account deceleration or loss of mass?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns
reply to post by JrDavis

Nice find! I'm baffled after watching that video. You don't even need the numbers to realize the explosion came way too late after he began filming the contrails to be related. The meteor would have surely already impacted by then. Not to mention it sounds like a flat out war going on for a few seconds after the explosion.

I don't think the video/audio has been tampered with either because the guy recording the contrail flinches violently when the explosion happens which gives it some merit.

Something just doesn't add up about this whole "meteor" situation. .
edit on 17-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

This.

Basically is what I'm saying. And I threw the numbers so that people could understand a little more. I myself thought the same thing I didn't need numbers to realize something was off. Same thing with my girlfriend.

However the numbers should be spot on.

I do not know exactly what is going on but it does sound like a war in the distance. And it would be pretty close.

How long do you think it took for these people to get a camera onto the sky to record the streak?

At least a few minutes.

Then we hear the explosions?

Hrm...

And I am not saying this is fake lol.
edit on 17-2-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Dr. Carol Rosin #3 on her list. maybe?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
the sounds are from it exploding high up in the atmosphere not hitting the ground and then the fragments also exploding causing shock waves..sound travels at around 770mph..i think it varies slightly on temp and air pressure but the metoer is travelling way faster than the sound so you would see it a good time before you heard it
edit on 17-2-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Why would it take a few minutes to pull a camera that was possibly on the dash of the car?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
if im not wrong the explosion happened in mid air

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I am very curious to hear an answer to this too..

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Obviously the 'meteorite' was a hoax. It was probs a hologram, for when the cia exploded the mini nuke .. but the question is what did they explode? Why blow something up with such secrecy?

Did they take out some Russian technology? Or some kgb spies? Any news on any people gone missing since this?

They went to a lot of effort to make it look like a meteorite with the holographic technology, it's so obvious cgi in the sky.

I wonder if we'll ever really know.....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by turboneon
reply to post by JrDavis

Why would it take a few minutes to pull a camera that was possibly on the dash of the car?

How about this one?

You think this guy was just recording in his house and looked out the window to just see a meteor to go by.

Then 12 seconds after you hear a sonic boom.

The thing is, If they recorded the meteor going by then we would have a better measurement of time on how long it took to hear the explosions.

And they didn't. They recorded after it went by which is why we see the trail.

So it's safe to say it took some time to grab a camera...

How much time is the question.

Id say a minute or two. Way too long to hear explosions.

It should of already hit.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
So a "Sonic Boom" should not take 30 seconds to pass by.. I would say 4-5 seconds after the Meteor passes you should of heard a "Sonic Boom"

Not at all.
I went through the numbers in another thread, and in that video 144 seconds for the shock wave to travel 27 miles is perfectly in line with expectations.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
holy crap, how did that bend the white frame around the windows?
I mean I understand how the glass broke but I didn't think it would bend the white frame part of the window too, damn.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
holy crap, how did that bend the white frame around the windows?
I mean I understand how the glass broke but I didn't think it would bend the white frame part of the window too, damn.

its a shock wave from the blast..air pressure, the blast was rated at 300 kilotons and if i remember correct hiroshima might of been up to 20 kilotons so we are talking a big boom that was maybee 15-20km in the air..thats why it took so long for the sound to arrive

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This one shows the actual entry

www.youtube.com...
Can you feeel what the ROCK is cookin'!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join