It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future is Toasted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't know if it's just me or what, but I really need to rant this.

What makes you think of yourself, so high and mighty, to get off calling a person such horrible names? I'm not your n-word, I'm not your maid, and I'm not a moron, retarded, stupid, or lazy.

I manage to keep *your* house in a decent condition: Wash the dishes, do my own laundry, take out the garbage, pick up after your dog that you yell at when he wants pets. And what do you do? You lay in bed until it's time for you to go to school, or that you have to do some odd job.

Now I know it's alright for you to believe that you are helping others with your services, but you do farm all around the house. What happened to fixing up the front room? It's been almost 6 years since you started it, and there's still cardboard on the floor. What about your soda cans that you leave in the sink?
I don't drink Mountain Dew, yet you expect me to dispose of your nasty cigarette filled bottles and cans because you're so "busy". I also resent the fact that you think that you, a high school drop out with a GED, who is also in tech school, are more superior minded than me because you are gaining a higher education, and I'm doing nothing but sitting around on the computer. Well guess what, I'm actually taking classes too for my intended career, when you think I'm farming off. I also enjoy listening to you go on about "taboo" topics, when I've already heard about most of them on ATS or other news websites.

Significant other of above, or shall I say parental unit: I've put up with your shot for all my natural life. I really wish times were like before, where we had a strong parent-child bond, but it has come to light that you blame me for all your problems. I'm sorry I had to be your bastard child and make you put your dreams on hold so you could support me, and eventually my sister. I trapped you in a loveless marriage, subjecting us to screaming matches that I remember as normal. It got worse at the divorce, and it all went downhill from there. You changed into something I fear instead of love, and every hand or item laid on me or harsh word from your lips have me set in line for your bidding. You always tell me to go out and have a life, yet reel me in and set curfews because I have to do work around the house and watch your brat children. You want to control every aspect of my life and badmouth me whenever I do not meet up to your expectations. I am trying really hard to make something of myself, but when you berate me for going into a profession that I know full and well of the risks involved, you throw me in such a state of panic that you literally shatter my dreams. You have stopped me from pursuing my interests, trying to push me to a field "that makes money". Just because I'm making money, doesn't mean it has to be enjoyable for me.

I am grateful for the amenities you provide me, but when you just treat me like some modern-day slave, it's where I draw the line.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Feel any better?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
A tiny bit...

I might feel better if I take the dog with me to California, so we can try to live a decent life.

I'm just upset that I try to relay my problems and dreams, and people call me selfish and crazy for doing so.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Grow up, cut your hair, and get a job and move out!
After you have done these, you can be the adult.
Your parent may complain about feeding, clothing and raising you but you must know there are some parents that would not even go that far.
Trash...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

You just sound ready to go.

I don't blame her for making you clean or for wanting the best for you. Hopefully that is the case...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Your Future is not ''toasted'', it's going to be made by you! You are a ''builder'' of your future. Like someone already suggested: get a job (full time) and move out. Of course it depends on how old you are. It would be better if you move to other city. If you do not want to be called

I'm just upset that I try to relay my problems and dreams, and people call me selfish and crazy for doing so.
''selfish and crazy'', then do not tell anybody about your plans!!! Just 5-10 min before moving out, inform your parent (make a phone call, or face to face) and then get on with your plans. Everything depends on you: on your desire to do something better, to achieve something etc. Do what is best for you. Your parent will take care of herself and her other children (to have them => it was your parent's choice, after all, not yours!). Try not to make grand plans, like moving somewhere far away: the further you go - the more money you will need. Nearest city would be just as good.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiteinch

Thanks so much for the kind words...I'm at my dad's right now, a few miles away from MKE. I have been thinking of signing up for a production company there that employs ASD people, but I haven't been "formerly diagnosed" yet (by neuro-testing). Now all I need is a car.

I know that it might seem like I'm airing dirty laundry, but seriously, I just brought this up to let off steam because if I actually said these thoughts to their faces...well...It wouldn't be good.

Hopefully, I'm in a stress-free environment so I can get my life together now.

new topics

top topics

join