It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God loves me.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

I am not sure what your point is here.

Not much meant. Just explaining the nature of my opposition. I am anti-religious because of what the majority of the religious represent. There could very well be a critical distinction between what Jesus taught and what is generally taught today in his name, and I wouldn't necessarily be in opposition to the former.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So this sounds like you are put off by established religions and especially what people do with various beliefs - but not necessarily with what Jesus, or perhaps some other spiritual teacher, may have taught. Yes?
edit on 10-3-2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

As I stated earlier I am a Deist. No I am most certainly not against spirituality. Not against the idea someone can be extraordinarily wise andor compassionate. I do not believe "God" intervenes in the manner religions espouse. However, I am more than willing to acknowledge my belief is fallible, unlike the religious. I do not believe in the validity of any bible's claim of representing "God". Do I believe Jesus was 'God'? I do, but I also believe we all are. Do I believe Jesus had a direct connection to the 'divine'? No I do not. At least, again, in the sense the religions espouse. Do I believe Jesus believed in 'God' and was generally a good person for his time, absolutely. Do I believe people can benefit from his message? For the most part, for most people, yes. Do I believe he was perfect and there has never been someone better? No I do not. I digress, this isn't about Jesus. It's about the Bible as a whole; people believing the entirety of it represents "God". Would you like me to expand more on my issue with religions, the church, and the Bible?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by bb23108

Would you like me to expand more on my issue with religions, the church, and the Bible?

That would be interesting to me. And I guess the op wouldn't mind as long as we stay at least somewhat on topic?

I am not sure how at least a traditional Deist reconciles God as Creator but not ever interfering with his creation. So God is not causally related to the cosmos after his creation of it, but actually causes it in the first place? This seems contradictory to me, and brings about a very big question of why would this be the way a Creator God would (or even could) work.
edit on 11-3-2013 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

What is "God", in your view?

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join