It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memes for awakening the masses: spread the best, debunk the rest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Brevity is the name of the game nowadays, as our culture has been conditioned for 70 years to make major decisions based on 30-second commercials and easy-to-read ads, decisions like medicating our children or electing our president/prime minister. To that end, if a picture is worth a thousand words, then a well-composed viral meme on the topic of civil liberties is worth a thousand speeches, YouTube videos and marathon message board threads in its ability awaken the sleeping masses and get them researching, learning, talking and eventually acting.

Below are just a few of my recent favorites; please share yours, preferably embedded. "External Image" links are often times ignored. If you're unsure about how to embed a picture, click here for instructions.

PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE ABOUT THE TOPICS OF THE MEMES; if you wish to debate the topic of a meme, please start a new thread and link to it in your post, or link to an existing thread.
Please feel free to point out *factually* incorrect information in a meme, as the whole point is to spread TRUTH and not movement-discrediting misinformation; but if you do so, please cite something credible correcting the facts, and not merely offering differing opinion or extrapolated logic. An 80 page thread that's 70% commentary, arguing and snarking, and only 30% actual memes, will guarantee that no one will see the memes past the first few pages.

[removed inappropriate image]

Want to make your own meme? Click here for the most flexible and easy meme generator I've found so far. NOTE: you cannot right-click to save the finished meme image, but you can save to your computer by appending i.qkme.me/ to the alphanumerical part of the URL. For example, if your meme's finished URL is quickmeme.com/meme/3t0mzi/ then copy just the "3t0mzi" part (whatever your meme's code actually is), add .jpg to that code (as in 3t0mzi.jpg) and add that other URL onto the front of it (as in i.qkme/3t0mzi.jpg) The link will then go to a page showing nothing but your meme, and you CAN right-click and save this image in its full size.
edit on 17-2-2013 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Feb 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

some of my favs

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

some of my favs

Wait, I know this one. It's all of them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Wrong... we only had one race here in Australia that we tried to wipe out and enslave... not two.

new topics

top topics

join